Rumor: Lucas Planning New Star Wars Trilogy

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
It depends on where they go with it. I mean the prequels sucked horribly for the most part. However from what little I have seen in expanded universe stuff and video games I know there is some good cinema in there. I mean cmon having just played the demo of force unleashed 2 you can just see the kind of imagination that exists in their veins. Whether or not this translates into new films that don't turn into political chick flicks with crap characters remains to be seen.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The first movie in the prequels was the worst of the entire series, but still entertaining. The other two I still thought were very good. I'm not on this bandwagon. More Star Wars? Yes, sir. Please.

Give us some Thrawn!

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
As long as they try to make their own original movies, not try to make film versions of the expanded universe. Let creativity be the big factor here.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.

But only if it's Zahn's trilogy and Lucas and McCullum don't touch it with a 10 foot forcepike.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
After the second trilogy and just given Lucas' mindset after the original trilogy, no thanks. I don't need more mediocre crap thrown my way with the name of a legendary trilogy slapped on only to tarnish it's good name further.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I am not sure what to think of this yet. It will probably be awhile before we get a confirmation on this. I can't help but be excited though, because I love star wars, hopefully the movies are good.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
Strange I am the first to pick this out of the article, but Lucas "needs" to use the expected money from re-re-releasing Star Wars into 3-D to fund this rumored trilogy? Seriously?
I'm in favor of finally getting some closure to these movies, and hopefully before the original actors die of old age first. Yeah, I know... Mark Hamill won't be in it, neither will Carrie Fisher, but I'll bet Harrison Ford will at least get a cameo. Quit dicking around, make the movies, and don't act like you haven't been able to afford to do it.

Kejui

Oct 22, 2010
I am Omega said:
As long as they try to make their own original movies, not try to make film versions of the expanded universe. Let creativity be the big factor here.
With original films that don't focus on the past, I think he could actually come up with something interesting and pleasing to the mind.

The problem I had with the prequels was that they expanded on characters that already existed in a dull, childish, uninteresting manner. So, I'm for showing an expansion of the universe, just not really anything that has been written, yet. Or, at least, not written about in-depth.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Whatever happens, nothing will top my love for the original series.

But I honestly hope that it is good, because I would like to think that George Lucas hasn't lost all his talent. The little TV series he has out isn't terrible (for a kids show), so maybe he has some chance of making it great.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I'd love to see a movie based around Rogue or Wraith Squadron if only to see characters rely on their wits instead of lightsaber combos.

If they gotta have Jedi, it oughta involve Knights of the Old Republic or Saba Sebatyne. I'll take either one.

Best would be to have something original and new, or at least something different. I have some hopes for this, not high hopes, but some. If the rumors are true.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
DustyDrB said:
The first movie in the prequels was the worst of the entire series, but still entertaining. The other two I still thought were very good. I'm not on this bandwagon. More Star Wars? Yes, sir. Please.

Give us some Thrawn!
I'm with you, other than the first of the prequels they were generally of good quality, and arguably better than the originals (the originals have not aged well at all, regardless of how much I love them). I'd love to see a trilogy of the Expanded Universe, though I'd have preferred to see a trilogy based on the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, or the Truce at Bakura rather than the far future stuff where the Sith pretty much run things again.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Spade Lead said:
He gave his wife the scripts as an anniversary present and said he wouldn't touch them unless she gave him permission because of how upset she was at how much time the movies took of his life. I doubt she folded so quickly. This is probably wrong.
Didn't his wife divorce him after the third movie, or did he remarry and I wasn't looking?

More on topic, I'm torn between "yay! More lightsabers without those God awful continuity issues!" and "DEAR GOD! ABANDON SHIP! THE DRUNK CAPTAIN'S AT THE HELM AGAIN!"

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
so like, not episodes 7 to 9? which he said he'd never make into movies?

but "new" stuff... I'd almost prefer 7-9, because at least we'd know what we're in for.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Didn't his wife divorce him after the third movie, or did he remarry and I wasn't looking?

More on topic, I'm torn between "yay! More lightsabers without those God awful continuity issues!" and "DEAR GOD! ABANDON SHIP! THE DRUNK CAPTAIN'S AT THE HELM AGAIN!"
Maybe it was his girlfriend? I just heard that as a symbol of his love he promised that he wouldn't work on the sequel trilogy unless she gave him back the scripts. Last I knew, she hadn't... But that may also have been rumor...