Rumor: Lucas Planning New Star Wars Trilogy

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
NO NO NO!!

Lucas, we're telling you, LET IT DIE! For the love of what made the first trilogy so great, PLEASE NO MORE!!

Gemore

Sep 15, 2010
I liked the prequels. The original was better, but I liked star wars too much not to like the prequels...

do you hate me?

EDIT: thus i am excited IF it is true

Doinstuffman38

Dec 1, 2009
hittite said:
you know, I know these are probably gonna suck, but even as I'm writing this, there's a hyperactive voice in the back of my brain freaking out over it. Cannot... Suppress...any... longer!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New Star Wars! Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.
I second this statement, and would like to add a supplementary "YAAAAHOOOOOO!!!!" to the end of that.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
It's my opinion that he can take those scripts and go straight to hell with them along with Jar Jar Binks and Midichlorians.

Pariahwulfen

Mar 23, 2010
Spade Lead said:
The Gentleman said:
Didn't his wife divorce him after the third movie, or did he remarry and I wasn't looking?

More on topic, I'm torn between "yay! More lightsabers without those God awful continuity issues!" and "DEAR GOD! ABANDON SHIP! THE DRUNK CAPTAIN'S AT THE HELM AGAIN!"
Maybe it was his girlfriend? I just heard that as a symbol of his love he promised that he wouldn't work on the sequel trilogy unless she gave him back the scripts. Last I knew, she hadn't... But that may also have been rumor...
This could in fact be why it's not 7-9 but something else.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
The only new Star Wars trilogy that should ever be filmed has already been written. It's called the Thrawn Trilogy.

Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command

Making any movies other than these would be a catastrophe.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
The problem is that Lucas can't write scripts. He also may die before he gets around to this. I say give the whole mess to Uwe Boll to fix up, he'll churn it out quicksmart and low-budget with lots of gore and cheesy fun.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Great Lucas makes more garbage, please let someone else do it Lucas, you've killed Star Wars and Indiana Jones with new movies please just let someone else do it.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
I'm very disappointed that the Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi series' were so bad. Otherwise they could have conceivably made a sequel trilogy set in that time period, with the main actors reprising their roles.

Kalezian said:
I cant help but think "how will they pull it off?", I mean seriously, there is tons of stories that take place after RotJ. Either Lucas declares them non-canon, which I doubt he would, or we might see at least some refrences.
Most likely he would set the new movies 100+ years past RotJ.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Kejui said:
I am Omega said:
As long as they try to make their own original movies, not try to make film versions of the expanded universe. Let creativity be the big factor here.
With original films that don't focus on the past, I think he could actually come up with something interesting and pleasing to the mind.

The problem I had with the prequels was that they expanded on characters that already existed in a dull, childish, uninteresting manner. So, I'm for showing an expansion of the universe, just not really anything that has been written, yet. Or, at least, not written about in-depth.
But wasn't the universe expanded in books? There are dozens of books talking about twhat happens before and after, even with leia and han's children! How will he do this? He'll need to follow the books or make them moot after they've been out for years

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
If this were true every time I've heard it there'd be about 20 more movies by now. It seems to come up every couple of years.

dragonburner

Feb 21, 2009
Let's get this out of the way: Make Star Wars Battlefront 3!

I don't know about a new trilogy. The prequels kinda sucked. Especially the second one.