Rumor: No Single-Player DLC Coming for Mass Effect: Andromeda

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Haven't posted in years, but I'm here to say Mass effect 3 citadel DLC was a love letter to the fans and a great send off the series. It was one last opportunity to explore the Mass effect 3 universe beyond the fighting. The characters each got their time to remind you why you loved them. It is my favorite dlc of any game period.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
See, the sad part about this is I wish it wasn't the case, but I probably wouldn't have bought it. And I bought DLC for fucking Xenoverse 2.

I really want this Dragon Age thing to not be open world. Everyone who was writing off Andromeda because of Mass Effect 3 should've been afraid of Inquisition instead. Because while Inquisition was good, it got boring real fast, and Andromeda lacked the hook to draw you in so we were stuck with open world tedium waiting for the hooks. Ironically, Andromeda had a really good ending.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I actually would have liked some qualitative DLC for this game. Also the citadel DLC was awesome. Actually, come to think of it, I can't say I was especially disappointed with any DLC in the whole original trilogy (excepting the at launch Javik thing).

ME:A is the perfect example of negative viral attention killing a game. Most of the people dissing it haven't even played it. In reality it's an average game that could have become something much better with time. Now it will never get that though.

008Zulu said:
Starke said:
I have no words.
When you really think about it, Citadel makes ME3's ending much, much worse.

Observe: All your friends come together for a big party, there's good food, nice music, the Shepard Shuffle. Old bonds are renewed, old and new friends forge stronger bonds of friendship. Then Shepard goes off and dies. Suddenly, everyone (who were not a few hours past) that were drinking & making merry with Shepard, suddenly have to deal with their closest friend, mentor or even lover, no longer being by their sides. Emotionally, that is a bigger kick in the quad, than what would have been felt had there been no party.
Does an ending need to be happy for it to be good? Why would't an ending that's a massive kick in the nuts emotionally be able to be good?

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
I wonder if this hasn't been in the back of their minds the whole time, given they knew what a disaster the main game development had been and they made a point of saying there wouldn't be a "season pass" at launch time. That was generally taken as a good thing for fans, but it also meant they weren't committed to having to actually make any DLC.

Fdzzaigl said:
Does an ending need to be happy for it to be good? Why would't an ending that's a massive kick in the nuts emotionally be able to be good?
I certainly don't think an ending has to be happy to be good, but I think I can see what the previous poster was getting at with Citadel and the ME3 ending: Citadel was engineered as pure fanservice to remind you of all the things you loved about the series... and then right afterwards, you still get the same old suck-tastic soul-destroying ME3 endgame run.

As for where Citadel sits in terms of the best/worst DLC in the series, for me it's somewhere around the middle. There's some absolutely fantastic moments in there, but there's a bunch of cringeworthy nonsense too. LOTSB all the way for the best entry. Pinnacle Station and Omega for the worst.