Rumor: Plot for Star Wars 7 Leaks Out

Ephidel

Jan 29, 2014
Spaceships, lasers, Lightsabers, The Force. Good guys, bad guys, cameos and "nostalgia".

There, I've just called it. No need to hurry, I'll wait for my thanks. \o/

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Oh my god, between this and the nitpicks on the X-wing picture I will likely be completely avoiding all internet discussion leading up to the films. I mean, seriously people. A vague hint at what might be the plot of a film that is a year off and hasn't even finished filming, and everyone is already making judgements as to the film's quality. Can we just wait and actually SEE what comes up in the future before jumping on the Abrams hate train and declaring the movie an abomination? Please? All this doom and gloom when we haven't actually seen anything of the film and have no concrete details about anything going on in it, it's rather silly and preemptive.

Also, people need to stop pining for the EU. Seriously. Most of it was utter rubbish and I'm glad to see it gone, so all the crap can be scraped away and we can get new things that aren't bogged down by what came before. Thrawn isn't gonna be in these films, we aren't gonna have Jacen and Jaina running around. Stop looking at this through the lens of the long overdrawn glorified fanfaction that was the EU.

Magnus Greel

Jan 4, 2014
Comic Sans said:
Also, people need to stop pining for the EU. Seriously. Most of it was utter rubbish and I'm glad to see it gone, so all the crap can be scraped away and we can get new things that aren't bogged down by what came before. Thrawn isn't gonna be in these films, we aren't gonna have Jacen and Jaina running around. Stop looking at this through the lens of the long overdrawn glorified fanfaction that was the EU.
Oh just fuck off.

Angelowl

Feb 8, 2013
Magnus Greel said:
Comic Sans said:
Oh just fuck off.
Agreed, the thing is that the parts that make star wars pretty damn good at times such as mandalorian culture and history as well as the long evolving history of the sith order. The old republic era, Revan, the sith empire, Malgus. And so on. They are simply unofficial now, we are supposed to forget about the best parts of the star wars universe while comic relief droids, a sociopath teens "fall from grave" and freaking Jar Jar Binks stays.

Just nope.

I recently bought the "Book of Sith" that is a collection of writings from various Sith Lords ranging back to the Jedi Exiles. It is damn good, has actual philosophical and spiritual value and manage to capture the essence of an ideology that changes slowly throughout millenia.

The story of Revan and the latter great galactic war is fantastic, the writing is way better than the "official" material.

Fans are called such due to being fanatical, well worth remembering.