Rumor: Sonic Playable in Super Mario Galaxy 2

dragontiers

The Temporally Displaced
Feb 26, 2009
I find it doubtful, just because I don't see Sonic and his super speed translating well into the Mario Galaxy..., well, galaxy. What good is all that running speed on relatively small planets with more of an emphasis on platforming? Seems like it would be more of a hinderance than a boon. But that's just my opinion.

factualsquirrel said:
[sub]And he is not my favourite mustachioed plumber[/sub]
Now I've got to ask. Just who exactly IS your favorite mustachioed plumber?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
if this is true i really hope that the sonic levels will be great, not that im planning on buying the game, but wouldn't it be bittersweet if after all this time of failure nintendo would be the ones to make sonic awesome again.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
dragontiers said:
factualsquirrel said:
[sub]And he is not my favourite mustachioed plumber[/sub]
Now I've got to ask. Just who exactly IS your favorite mustachioed plumber?
Well, he's called Joe, and he fixed our pipes today.

So fuck you, Mario.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
You know.... I am a huge fan of Mario and Sonic (from 1991-1994 anyway) and if this does in fact turn out to be true... I don't know... this actually makes me happy for some reason :O

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
BrainWalker said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sonic is a much better character than Mario, but Mario has had better luck with 3D level designs. This could be perfect...
What? By what measure? They're both pretty one-dimensional. How can you say that Sonic is a "much better" character than Mario?
he can run pretty fast, he got friends beside his brother and some mushrooms, when he gets hit he only looses some rings instead of half a meter in height, he saves helpless animals instead of brain dead princess, hes not a plumber and he got spikes growing out of his skin.

that being said i still prefer Mario.

oh and have you seen the sonic movie? theres some of the best music in that movie, sounds like some danish dance trance techno remix for children.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
I'll believe it when I see it.

Besides, Mario and Sonic games differ very greatly in pace, so I don't understand how this would work.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
I really doubt it's true, but I don't think it's neccesarily a bad thing. At least have some kind of excuse for why Sonic is there though.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
If it's Nintendo behind Mario Galaxy 2, then we should be safe. I am sure Sonic would only be playable in specific missions in specific worlds, and maybe one time he would battle Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr. It'd be a neat concept, though it is still highly unlikely.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Unless they've taken his speed into account and made appropriate levels for him, I don't want this to happen. Not that it would, of course.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
THAt would most likely kill a BIG portion of my beloved Nintendo games Athmosphere.

I Hope not cause alon Sonics attttitude does not really fit.

And they should stop putting stories into Mario games thanks, althougth i don't mind another of these bookstories like in Galaxy.

That one was really nicely done.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
If it happens, which I highly doubt, I can easily see this being a very good thing. could add some replayability to the game. Just add the star that only sonic can get for assorted reasons, like you need to run really fast to get it or something. I have much more confidence in Nintendo making a good 3D platformer than I do the sonic team, I figure maybe sonic team will take some hints and I can play a good sonic game some time.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Tenmar said:
Umm no. First off it just wouldn't work at all because of the powerup system between mario and sonic. Could any of you imagine Sonic wearing the Bee suit? Or getting ice powers from flowers? Or even riding yoshi?

Luigi makes sense because well...it is Luigi and he was in SMG so it makes sense to make him playable again.
And Mario cant use the chaos emeralds, it is possible that sonic just cant use powerups. Imagine sonic like another power suit, can bee Mario use the ice flower? no, so the same concept applies here, Sonic cant use the bee suit.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
It seems nowadays everything is found out through Twitter. Interesting if Sonic is playable though