Rumor: Sonic Playable in Super Mario Galaxy 2

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
This would officially introduce Sonic to the core of Nintendo's universe. I don't like it at all. Sonic and Mario can compete in minigames but the fate of the Mushroom kingdom is Mario's territory. Sonic should stick to saving his world from Eggman.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Sounds appropriate. Two stagnated franchises come together!

I wasn't going to buy SMG2 anyway, utterly despised the first one.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Sonic "Sellout" Sega and Mario "Make a game about me, any game!!!" in one game?
Only done a zillion trillion times, so it would be a huge surprise to me!
*cough, chocke*

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
Hmmm...This is a pretty glaring allegory for the cold war. Both Sonic and Mario used to be superpowers, like the U.S. and the Soviet Union. But, like the Soviet Union, Sonic just couldn't keep it up forever and eventually collapsed. Now, like the U.S., Mario is now the ally of his old rival, and is helping him out. I could go into more details, but they're all so obvious I won't waste the space.

And 20 bucks says Nintendo does Sonic better than Sonic Team.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Indecizion said:
who actualy has a WII lol
I do. Its my primary system. Got a problem with it?
Indecizion said:
and actualy cares about the continued violation of mario and my childhood memories with him :(
I've been a Mario fan all my life and have yet to be disappointed in any Mario game.

mr Awsome

Jul 27, 2009
meh i really dont care much if sonic is in it... i just like to play the game cuz its fun.

but if nintendo replaces WEEGEE with sonic.....well then im not buying it. EVER
WEEGEE is what sold super mario galaxy in the first place so i better be able to play as him

by the way, WEEGEE is luigi. for those of you who were like "wth?".

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Well, Sonic did get some attention from his own princess, and did so in the first game she appeared in.
Maybe Mario's just looking for some dating advice.

Azellus

Jan 28, 2010
I like sonic and all but i mean i dont see how it would work with how mario galaxy levels are based around unless its like a secret level built just for sonic or something that would be pretty cool but still i dont really care if they add him or not i just think it might be interesting if they did

Slizergiy

Feb 3, 2010
It would be very cool to see Sonic and Mario in a proper adventer game together (the Story mode for M&S at the winter games was a good start), but I don't think its likely it would start with SMG 2 (still, it would be awsome if it did turn out to be the case).

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Sonic had better not come and ruin my good Mario platformers. But, if he does, at least I'll never have to play as him.

Unless he has story specific missions...
[small]ohgod[/small]
My thought exactly. When I heard he had been confirmed for Brawl I felt the same. I like Sonic and Mario, but they're not fit to be in the same game. I don't want to see Mario as a hidden character in any Sonic game more than I want Sonic in Mario. They're just too different to be together.

Jmastab

Dec 21, 2008
As much of a Sonic the Hedgehog fan I am I wouldn't want him in Galaxy 2 just because it's one of the Big Mario games. I wouldn't mind if Sonic was in a tennis game or Mario Party just not galaxy 2.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I can't really bring myself to care very much. After all, the only reason that I latched on to Mario Galaxy the way I did with no other Mario title was because of the fantastic level design. The character himself didn't matter, and Sonic would just be another skin to me.

However, what does interest me is how Super Mario Bros. Wii outsold Super Mario Galaxy. How in the world is that possible? No wonder Nintendo's design philosophy is the way it is. Doing something moderately different and exciting isn't as profitable as re-releasing the same old crap with a shinier exterior. Ugh.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Emphraim said:
That sounds cool. I'm just wondering how they can reconcile Sonic speed with mario style platforming which is usually much slower paced.
You'd be surprised. Based on their respective original games, Sonic isn't actually objectively any faster than Mario is...

XelaisPWN

Jun 8, 2009
I dunno about this. It is just a rumor, however, after SSBB & the Olympic Games...Games, it does seem plausible. Oh well, I won't be buying it anyway. My Wii has bored me, off with its head!

...in otherwords, I'm skeptical, but not that skeptical.