Rumor: Sonic Playable in Super Mario Galaxy 2

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
BrainWalker said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sonic is a much better character than Mario, but Mario has had better luck with 3D level designs. This could be perfect...
What? By what measure? They're both pretty one-dimensional. How can you say that Sonic is a "much better" character than Mario?
Well, not in personality. But his gameplay is faster paced, he's not a fat dude with a mustache, he doesn't make silly sounds when he jumps, and him hurting things by jumping makes sense. Because of the spines.
No, no, no, no, no.
At least Mario stays silent.
Sonic is soo annoying with his "cool edgy teenager with an attitude = twat" syndrome.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I was hoping for Super Luigi Galaxy again.

It could go something like...

1. Complete Mario Galaxy
2. Complete Luigi Galaxy
3. Complete Sonic Galaxy

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
Do Sonic games even sell anymore?

We should bury him, along with other franchises that couldn't survive. Like Crash Bandicoot. Sure they had their moments, but when nobody either likes or buys the games, it's time to call it quits.

gillebro

Nov 13, 2009
very skeptical of this too.
i feel sonic and mario do't belong in each other's worlds. i suppose if nintendo created some back story explaining how their worlds interchange, maybe...

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
Journeythroughhell said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
BrainWalker said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sonic is a much better character than Mario, but Mario has had better luck with 3D level designs. This could be perfect...
What? By what measure? They're both pretty one-dimensional. How can you say that Sonic is a "much better" character than Mario?
Well, not in personality. But his gameplay is faster paced, he's not a fat dude with a mustache, he doesn't make silly sounds when he jumps, and him hurting things by jumping makes sense. Because of the spines.
No, no, no, no, no.
Sonic is soo annoying with his "cool edgy teenager with an attitude = twat" syndrome.
^QFT
AND he does make silly sounds when he jumps, and jumping (then stomping) on things does make sense. /facepalm
The rest of it is just opinion.

Feb 4, 2010
TheGreenManalishi said:
Do Sonic games even sell anymore?

We should bury him, along with other franchises that couldn't survive. Like Crash Bandicoot. Sure they had their moments, but when nobody either likes or buys the games, it's time to call it quits.
I don't have sales numbers on hand but I'm pretty sure Sonic Unleashed sold a few mil.

Sonic games are selling, they're just not any good. Hopefully Sonic 4 changes that.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
this cant happen. they would have so different playstyles. 1 part Sonic Unleashed day levels, 1 part space?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Journeythroughhell said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
BrainWalker said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
No, no, no, no, no.
Like I said, he hasn't fared so well in 3D. But in the 2D days...

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I dont hope it happens the only game that contains Mario and Sonic should be a sports or SSB game

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Madmanonfire said:
AND he does make silly sounds when he jumps, and jumping (then stomping) on things does make sense. /facepalm
The rest of it is just opinion.
Blast. Ninja'd. I was going to mention that marvelous "booooing" sound of Sonic's.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Anyone else hope that this is gonna be that unreleased 3d sonic game? It's possible because he was on a very similar planet thing on that game.

TheEarlOfGrey

Feb 5, 2010
Well I cannot say I would be surprised. Sonic has appeared in more Mario games than actual Sonic games over the past year.