Rumor: Sony Fighting PS3 Piracy With Install Keys

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Hopefully these rumors were leaked by sony to gauge reactions and will thus realize the excessive stupidity of such a move and not do it. Otherwise the PS3 will actually lose the war of the consoles, no ifs ands or buts. Currently its just preference, but that would actually spell their official death.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
DaHero said:
This is the BEST IDEA EVAR! There is no possible way that this could be cracked!

Yeah anyone else detecting a hint of sarcasm in my alter-ego?

Seriously though, I'm waiting for Microsoft to try this, then Nintendo...all they need is the Piracy excuse and zip, out goes second hand games sales. Ultimately (and I am not elitist when I say this, I have reasons) everything will funnel back to where it started: The PC. PCs have third party digital distribution that also has sales constantly (Steam, Gamers Gate, GoGamer, Heck even Amazon is doing it now) which might...just maybe...mean better games? I don't think so, but if it's all being made for one singular device...

That or everyone turns to OnLive, in which case we're all doubly screwed.
Well, Id bet Microsoft wont because if Sony does it and fails, they will realize they should not do it, not only because its stupid, but because they would already have the advantage of the downfall of Sony. Who do you think all the disgruntled PS3 gamers are going to reluctantly go to?

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
So, does this mean I'd have to go online to register the game first, before I could load it?

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
9_6 said:
Why do consoles become more and more inconvenient?
The point of consoles is that you just stuff games into them and just play without all the bullshit PC users have to put up with.
If this becomes the status quo then we'll see how much "pc gaming is dying".
To quote, Pain:

"People are stupid".