Rumor: Tobey Maguire in Talks For The Hobbit

tom919

Aug 7, 2009
Pyromaniac1337 said:
I'm sorry to have to be the first to point this out but...
Andy Chalk said:
... the prequel to Peter Jackson's epic Lord of the Rings [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120737/] trilogy.
LotR was created by Tolkien. Jackson made the movies, sure, but he didn't create the trilogy itself. Might want to watch how you word things in the future Andy.
It's actually a fine way to word it, it doesn't say Jackson created it and is refering to the films and not the books. I'd agree with you if it was talking about the books, but not about the films.

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
WTF? The only thing that stood out at me in that article is "Spiderman 4" and "Spiderman 5"

Why in gods name do they need 2 more movies? I'm starting to feel like this is going to turn into Friday the 13th or something.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
He's a goodish actor, I reckon that if the guy from fucking FLIPPER can be Frodo then Spiderman can be Bilbo.

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
They'd better get Sir Ian McKellen back as Gandalf. I think that Ewan McGregor should play Bilbo, he'd be better than butmunch Toby McGuire, crapping it up with his 'acting'. Wow they're all of Scottish decent, i just noticed that.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
No.
Nonononononononononononononoonnoononononono.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
No.
Just.. no.
Also, there are two new Spiderman films in the works?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
This is one big pile of bad news.

Starfox84

Dec 17, 2009
Vohn_exel said:
Wait...Warner isn't backing this? I mean, LOTR is widely considered one of the best trilogies ever done and I know it made craploads of money. You'd think that Warner would've jumped all over this, there's a chance to make lots of money here.
Warner Brothers won't give the greenlight until Jackson and del Toro have completed both scripts and figure out a budget. I believe this is standard practice. Peter Jackson said in a recent interview that they have delivered the script for part one of The Hobbit, and that Warner was very pleased. So nothing to worry about at this point.

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
randomrob said:
They'd better get Sir Ian McKellen back as Gandalf. I think that Ewan McGregor should play Bilbo, he'd be better than butmunch Toby McGuire, crapping it up with his 'acting'. Wow they're all of Scottish decent, i just noticed that.
I completely agree, I think McGuire can act but I wish Ewan McGregor would be able to fit in better than McGuire.

As already stated: PLEASE DEAR GOD NO MORE SPIDERMAN MOVIES! THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH EMO CRAP STORIES I CAN TOLERATE!!!!

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
HUBILUB said:
I do not want spiderman to play Bilbo Baggins.

How fun would it be to watch a guy who can turn invisible AND climb on walls?
Frankly, I don't think he's that much of a decent actor anymore...
Just my opinion.

Ravenkliff

Mar 5, 2009
I don't see why there's even a discussion here, when it's so obvious the should can tobey and get the best actor for anyone, forever.
Morgan Freeman.
/topic

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Ravenkliff said:
I don't see why there's even a discussion here, when it's so obvious the should can tobey and get the best actor for anyone, forever.
Morgan Freeman.
/topic
I love you. xD

Anyways, Ewan McGregor would probably be the best choice, actually.