Rumor: Xbox 360 Slim in Production

ultratog1028

Mar 19, 2010
because, you know the RRoD wasn't caused by lack of air circulation or anything, so lets make it smaller.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
SendMeNoodz84 said:
Yeah, Microsoft:

WHY DIDN'T YOU FIX THE RROD A LONG TIME AGO.
Assuming this is legit, anyway.
Assuming it is, if I ever get another broken Xbox (after the slim comes out), I'm gonna ***** to MS til I get a slim one, and suggest everyone does. And if they don't give me one, I'll just buy a PS3. I have an Xbox with a broken disc drive, so I'll still be able to talk to my friends. I got an MW2 360, and it runs amazing, so I hope it never comes to this.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
they could at least add neons, and shit i present the Xbox 400 still in development:

between this:
http://sanjaymenon.byethost12.com/data/post_pics/blow_neon_case.jpg
and that:
http://becooling.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/customized-pc-case-9.jpg

still figuring out where to add the xbox logo

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Enigmers said:
Hey, I have an idea, why not make it bigger and put more fans in the thing? PC gamers like me don't mind that sort of thing at all.
Never speak for the PC Community, never

OT:Good News for Xbox360 users! Hurrah!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hahaha. Microsoft just noticed that they're a bit behind technologically with their console. And in a possible attempt to remind consumers that they still exist, they're going to do the same thing they've been doing for years: Copy their competition. Good job Microsoft! Whoo!

tikian12

Mar 18, 2010
I don't think I'd call it a slim, but a bit smaller version of the same thing. Nothing like what happened with the PS2 or even the PS3.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
As long as it works out Microsoft will probably have struck gold. If it ever does come out people can consider the RRoD problems permanently eradicated.

antidark777

Aug 12, 2009
You know what? I'd buy a slim version of the 360 if the RROD problem was solved by the new design.
But i wont be suckered into thinking this slim console is nothing but a hoax at this stage

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I don't mind the size of the x-box but what I do hate though is the massive power brick that goes with it. The PlayStation 3 Slim doesn't use a huge power brick like the x-box 360 does which I am grateful for.

I will admit though that I do prefer the large power brick compared to all the cables my PC has.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
ma55ter_fett said:
Jamash said:
Tom Goldman said:
Over on Xbox 360 USB storage support [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/18/ben-heck-ponders-xbox-360-slim-motherboard-memory-unit-support/]. Microsoft may be moving away from memory units completely with the Xbox 360 slim (again, if it's even real).
This make sense if this rumoured photo of the 360 Slim is to be believed.

Apart from it's smaller size, the most obvious features are 3 USB ports but no MU slot or apparent place for an external X-Box 360 HDD.

The extra USB port on the front and the recent announcement of USB storage support seems to address this problem somewhat, IF this photo is genuine.
What an ugly piece of hardware.

Seriously that looks... words fail me, it is the worst looking console (well console remake) I have ever seen.
Why do I get the impression that if Apple were to ever make a console, it would looks like that piece of uninspired crap.
For all the shit that Apple gets, they usually nail the design department. Their products look good, altough I know what you mean when you say it looks like Apple.

This Slim looks horrible. It could be fake, a mock up, who knows. The lack of shape, unpolished finish, ugh. I know cheap products are supposed to be kind of small and cheap looking for consumers to get it, but that design goes a million miles to far. Let's hope the block shape doesn't turn out to be inspired by the Wii design. The PS3 Slim ended up looking a lot better too after it was actually revealed than from the early photos, so there's hope to that.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Interesting - if it uses less power and generates less heat and noise than the normal version, I might have to get one - already thinking of getting a PS3 slim in the near future.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
ma55ter_fett said:
What an ugly piece of hardware.

Seriously that looks... words fail me, it is the worst looking console (well console remake) I have ever seen.
Looks like a cross between a Wii and an Xbox.

But in a bad, bad way.

Still not as ugly as the Xbox 360 elegant edition.

a stranger

Mar 4, 2009
Jamash said:
This make sense if this rumoured photo of the 360 Slim is to be believed.

Apart from it's smaller size, the most obvious features are 3 USB ports but no MU slot or apparent place for an external X-Box 360 HDD.

The extra USB port on the front and the recent announcement of USB storage support seems to address this problem somewhat, IF this photo is genuine.
is just me or that looks like a wii

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
ygetoff said:
I really don't see the point of a "Slim" 360. Honestly, the massive PS3 is one thing, but the 360 is relatively light. Plus the ones I've seen in pictures are uuuuugly.
EDIT: I just looked at the Chinese website, and my meager training in Chinese has not paid off.
I did sort of understand some guy who was talking about CoD6 though.
*Relatively* Light.

You could drop a charging bull by smacking it in the had with a 360.

But you DID say relatively light, compared to a neutron star this thing is basically air.

MercurySteam said:
As long as it works out Microsoft will probably have struck gold. If it ever does come out people can consider the RRoD problems permanently eradicated.
However the new Mauve Ring of Death is going to infuriate the masses.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Have they got rid of the rrd, given it a 250gb hdd, made it quieter, faster, and push it just a little bit more. Then I'll be more interested. But if it's only to make it a size zero then it's a bit pointless. the system is feeling old. Making it slimmer isn't going to do it. The thing needs to tone up, not just loose a few lb's.