Rumor: Xbox 360 Slim in Production

thepopeofatheism

Jul 14, 2008
Well, the original design is wasting major space. Just holding the thing you can tell it's mostly hollow. This makes it easier to damage. Compacting the innards into a more efficient shape/size would only make sense.

If they'd done it three years ago.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee it looks fugly , i just want an updated 360 with a big hard drive , usb flash drive support and built in power supply , and be able to get rid of the useless things off my xmb , the avatar , facebook ,twitter etc
oh yeah it wouldn't hurt ms to allow access to email especially hotmail , a web browser isn't necessary but might be better than ps3 's pos browser that needs an update badly

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
DeMoNxDaVe said:
I literally have no idea what the hell people are talking about when they are like "I'm on my 5th Xbox" etc. I have had an original Xbox 360 since it's came out (course I need a new one beacause I just got a HDTV and a 50 dollar HDMI cable that I can't use) and I only got the ring once. Took like a month to repair. Boo hoo. Besides that I have had no problems with it, it's always worked great. What am I, The Chosen One? I have no idea where all the Xbox hate comes from.
You're just lucky. Most of us have went through several (replaced mine 5 times) RROD encounters. There are some who have never had a single problem with their console, but the fact that MS had to extend the warranty for RROD (which, granted, was a generous move) speaks to the fact that they did something wrong.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
darrinwright said:
(replaced mine 5 times).
Do you throw your xbox out of windows? lol Yeah I probably am just lucky though. Oh and about 95% of my friends who are 360 owners are also lucky too. Most of them have either A) had the same thing happen to them as what happened to me or B) never had any problems. I just don't get it.

. . .

At least they didn't go the same route as Nintendo and create a Funtime Gimmick Machine

. . .

And then 4 different versions of essentially the same exact device, just more bells and whistles. Sony also did this but it's okay because the PS3 is a damn respectable piece of hardware.

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
DeMoNxDaVe said:
darrinwright said:
(replaced mine 5 times).
Do you throw your xbox out of windows? lol Yeah I probably am just lucky though. Oh and about 95% of my friends who are 360 owners are also lucky too. Most of them have either A) had the same thing happen to them as what happened to me or B) never had any problems. I just don't get it.
Wow, that's actually not bad. I wonder if you and your friends are doing anything different than the rest of us? I kept mine well-ventilated, only played about an hour at a time, it made no difference. Ah, well. Congrats!

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
darrinwright said:
DeMoNxDaVe said:
darrinwright said:
(replaced mine 5 times).
Thank you good sir. Maybe it's a conspiracy xD
Wow, that's actually not bad. I wonder if you and your friends are doing anything different than the rest of us? I kept mine well-ventilated, only played about an hour at a time, it made no difference. Ah, well. Congrats!

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
The tree-siddy is a good shape and size. If they can shrink it, they shouldn't be making a smaller 360...they should be putting the damn power brick inside the xbox. Fixing the RROD would be nice too.

And please please tell me that leaked pic is a fake, it looks like a Wii screwed a kindle and there was complications at birth.