Rumor: Zack Snyder's Next Movies Have Some Big Problems

BrowncoatX-51

Feb 17, 2011
What I don't understand is why they're calling it Zack Snyder's problem. From what I read the "problem" with Superman is the script, which Snyder isn't writing. And Sucker Punches problem is CGI which is handled by post production so the quality isn't exactly the director's fault.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I like Zack Snyder. His movies are usually fun to watch and I love slow motion for some reason. That doesn't make it a nessecarily good movie, but it's a fun movie.
ALthough I've never heard of this Sukcer Punch or Superman. Neither sounds particularly interesting to me.
Off Topic: I thought there was a "Mountains of Madness" movie in the works by Gulimeir Del Toro. Didn't the production get given to James Cameron because the story didn't have a happy ending or love interest relationship and because they thought it wouldn't sell well?

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
News like these are too vague to be taken seriously. It's the entertainment industry equivalent of "I heard it from my friend who's girlfriend knows a guy who knows a guy". So there are problems with the Superman script? We don't have any details on what type of problem "("major third-act problems" might as well translate into "ending not open enough for a sequel"), we don't know who said it, we don't know if it's what people working on the project think or if it's just that one guy. Adding to that, problems with production doesn't mean the movie is going to turn out bad.

I couldn't care less about the Superman movie, but this is ridiculous. We don't get to hear it because we need to know it or because it offers us any insight (on the contrary, it may as well offer us false insight), we get to hear this because we want to hear something and don't care what it is. Can't people for once shut up until they have something with actual substance to say?

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
What kind of asshole can't get a movie started in 2 years?

Apparently WB has nerves made of matchsticks, they didn't greenlight Mortal Kombat Rebirth and to me, that's a shame.
Hope the webseries stands up.

Also, there's no way Suckerpunch could be a good film.

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
Dawn of the Dead was the last movie of his I really liked. The others I like parts of, but get put off by something or other.

If SuckerPunch sucks it will be because it was taken too seriously. Looks super campy, and that could be a lot of fun.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
vansau said:

Superman's script is apparently a mess, and Sucker Punch is reportedly a "disaster." If rumors are true, Zack Snyder's movies are in trouble.
Sounds like all of Zach Snyder's movies. It means something when not even Alan Moore and Christopher Nolan can save them.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
hah im not going to watch suckerpunch because i want oscar winning material. Im watching it for the eye candy and the collage of geek culture that is the movie

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
For fucks sake, ofc Sucker Punch will be a mess. They've put the man in PG-13 chains with a more than clearly R-rated script. It's like Wiseman's disaster with Die Hard 4 or Anderson's Mortal Kombat - the studios fucked them over big time by demanding a PG-13 movie.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
The Youth Counselor said:
vansau said:

Superman's script is apparently a mess, and Sucker Punch is reportedly a "disaster." If rumors are true, Zack Snyder's movies are in trouble.
Sounds like all of Zach Snyder's movies. It means something when not even Alan Moore and Christopher Nolan can save them.
Pretty much this. the man is a hack.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
DevilWolf47 said:
WHAT?! A JACK SNYDER FILM MERELY LOOKS NICE AND IS ACTUALLY POORLY WRITTEN?! NOOOOOO!!![/massive sarcasm]
Who's Jack Snyder?

Ok, Snyder I'll level with you, make Sucker Punch as shitty as you want but PLEASE don't fuck up Superman (again).

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Sucker Punch's problems may be to do with the sheer amount of promotional postcards that they've been bombing colleges with. Those things must have cost a bit. You can't move for them over here, haven't been able to for the best part of a year in fact! Methinks they kicked off a *little* early.

It looked just straight up exploitative and B-movieish (or even C-...) to see the card images, but if you look into the plot etc it seems very interesting and something a bit wierd and different. And dark, very dark. And yes, still a bit exploitative. Hopefully they can fix the holes and make a good movie out of it.

(How do you make "disasterous" CG any more? You can knock up a reasonably convincing scene using free game production software like Unity these days FFS...)

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
I have my doubts on Sucker Punch... the trailer was...all over the place its like watching 7 movies at once where nothing really connects...

So it is either:

5 hours long
Bounce Around
Fail INC

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
I really hope that Sucker Punch doesn't suck. That movie looks mental in the best possible way!

As for the Superman issues, "third act problems" could literally mean anything. But this being Nolan and Goyer, I have faith that it's just studio heads getting their knickers in a twist about nothing again.

Somebody explain to me why there's a 300 prequel? That's one of the most unnecessary things I've heard of in ages.

Dumori

Dumori(masoddaa)
May 28, 2010
RatRace123 said:
From what I've seen of Suckerpunch, mostly just trailers, it does look a bit confusing.
The trailers highlighted gorgeous action scenes and set pieces though. Have the trailers been doctored, or do they contain the only good looking parts of the movie?
I doubt that as there are huge amounts of stills out there too of other sets that look stunning. If there's a CG issue it could well be with the possible ham-fisting of the movie in to post-ed 3D by the studio something Snyder was against doing as he said it would spoil the movie.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they probably screened suckerpunch to trailer trash who consider the transformers movies to be the pinnacle of human achievement.

Dumori

Dumori(masoddaa)
May 28, 2010
If they've ramed Sucker Punch for pg-13 then yeah it wont be as good as it could be. I mean I'm no expert on the USA ratings but sucker punch def wants to be a notch below kill bill and no more.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Well, that's not good news. I have been wanting to see Falcon. Donkey Sucker Punch since that excellent first trailer was released. Ah well, at least I don't give a rat's arsehole about the next Supes movie; I have never been a fan of the big blue boy scout.

Jan 23, 2009
Of course the superman script is a mess... that character is so outdated at this point. I think everyone treats superman as this wooden shallow character; with little emotional depth.

He's an invincible man; and therefor doesn't have the whole "human condition" thing. It's far easier to imagine him as a villain, and luther as a hero, rather than the other way around.

I still don't understand why they are doing superman again... I mean who wants to see superman AGAIN? It's been rebooted what? 3 or 4 times now? Let a dead horse die.