Rumor: Zack Snyder's Next Movies Have Some Big Problems

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
If Snyder's films continue to be of the same quality as what we've seen so far, I will be perfectly happy. I have greatly enjoyed 300, Watchmen and Legend of the Guardians. Some people haven't liked any of his movies so far and it should come as no surprise that they don't like his new ones.

As for the plot of Sucker Punch, I think I have a pretty good understanding. A group of young, abused women have been locked away in an insane asylum. As part of their therapy, they are taught to use there dreams/imaginations to work through their emotional issues, even if they are based entirely around being locked in an asylum to begin with. They decide to escape from the asylum and do so by acquiring a series of tools/items needed for the escape. Procurement of these items will take place in fantastic, action-filled dreamscapes displaying expressions of self-empowerment for the main characters. The precise series of events is unknown, but that is as it should be for now.

We will just have to wait and see. Based on what some executives allow to go to screen (Superman Returns, Transformers, [Insert romantic comedy title], Spider Man 3), I'm not too concerned about a movie that they don't like.

Xenominim

Jan 11, 2011
Just popping in this old thread to say I just got back from an advance screening of Sucker Punch. I'm a fellow that enjoyed Watchmen and 300. I did not enjoy this movie. Both of Snyder's other two movies had the benefit of having characters that the audience might actually give a damn about even if the story around them was ridiculous. I dare you to give a damn about any of the characters in this movie though, which in turn makes the action sequences dull as dirt. Even with a far smaller cast you'll find yourself struggling to remember the names, nobody gets a background beyond the main character, not even a 'what are you in for?' The main villain isn't threatening being a five foot tall weaselly guy that even most of the girls tower over. And the plot never goes beyond what the trailer shows. Find five items and escape, the only thing you don't get from the trailer is perhaps the last 20 minutes.

Which leaves the action. It's, OK. The first fight scene is sorta neat to watch. Problem is there are 3 more and none of them have anything that stand out. There's nothing where you go 'remember that cool part where?' The enemies are all generic CGI creations. The first fight is the only one where the character remotely struggles or the enemies show any individuality, after that it's just mowing down hundreds of faceless bad guys like in a videogame that pose no threat whatsoever. Cut and shoot them over and over, and the fact it's all so fake looking, ugh. Just trust me it doesn't work, watch the trailer, you will see everything you could possibly need to right there. I'm really glad I got in to see this for free because if I paid money I think I'd actually be angry.

Anthony Pilone

Jun 16, 2011
yeah, Zack Snyder's cast line-up, ideas, and story line are just horrible and another flop, waiting to happen. And rehashing a villian Superman's already fought, we need something different - he could have put any other villian because he has a large array of villians. Darkseid, Parasite, Metallo, Doomsday etc. But no, Zod again?! Come on. And we don't really need another origin story! I'm sorry, but I hope they shit cann Snyder's so-called Superman project another disastrous Superman movie flop, so that the WB/DC would come to their damn senses, thikn about what their doing and cast an actor who has kept the Smallville series alive for ten long years(Gotta give him credit!), the actor who can, for a fact, save the Superman character - Tom Welling! I don't care what other people say. He's earned the right and he deserves it and the WB/DC need to acknowledge that and they need to listen to the many fans around the world and give
they have been wanting for so long. He is their best shot in making a Superman/JLA movie and being a success and making the money! But they have to make a script, storyline, plot and and special effects and fighting sequences must be awesome and the love interest between Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane must NOT be overdone and perhaps put some humor in it, too. Of course, I'm talking about the future JLA movie!