BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hilarious in hindsight!

These two vids were done years ago. None of us saw it coming!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It makes way more sense compared to Fornite. Both are IPs that were highly popular in the 90s that focused on fantasy martial arts and fighting.

Yes.
Somehow I think Zordon would have had less trouble of he’d recruited people like Ryu and Chun Li instead of teenagers. Also man that looks cool as shit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
So, how many universes has Ryu crossed over with now? Marvel, Tekken, Super Smash Bros and now this? Is he going to fight Godzilla next?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So, how many universes has Ryu crossed over with now? Marvel, Tekken, Super Smash Bros and now this? Is he going to fight Godzilla next?
Joe Musashi already fought Godzilla. It would be interesting though. Ryu thought a giant symbiote in Marvel Versus Capcom Infinite.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I so love The Punchline Is Machismo.

This skit is one of the things that inspired a post-apocalypse themed story I had, where the entire time, you don't know it's a power rangers story. It follows a group of kids that are part of a community, and there is a legend of some buried bunker with a treasure that could save them. Some of them think it's a myth, but others think it's worth looking into. So five of them (subtly color coded, like very subtly) journey out to find the place. Long story short, they find a vault basically, and find it guarded by a series of traps that challenge their intelligence and problem solving, teamwork, athletics, combat, etc. It ends with them having to sacrifice 4 of the 5, to let the 5th go forward and claim the prize. And it's a voluntary kind of sacrifice. After the 4 die, the 5th goes into the final dark chamber, which is suddenly lit up by a floating head, and 4 very confused, by very much alive, friends, entering from a side room. The head explains that he was built by a scientist, to safeguard a set of power suits, to make sure they didn't fall into the wrong hands. So the head set up this set of tests, to weed out the unworthy. The final test, being one of self sacrifice, and trust in an ally, to accomplish a goal greater than just personal greed/power. As the 5 look around, and fans clearly see "holy shit this is a power rangers story!" as they see the suits lit up in their little pods, the head would casually say "My creator said he wanted me to find 5 people with attitude, but I felt that was a poor measure of a champion, and instead decided to test for other factors." Then the film would end with them putting on the suits, cue sequel.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Are you referring to Power Rangers, Street Fighter, or both? Both properties have been whored out to different companies and crossovers. This is nothing new.
Street fighter mostly. Because lately Chun Li and Ryu both can't seem to keep their dicks in their own pants.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Street fighter mostly. Because lately Chun Li and Ryu both can't seem to keep their dicks in their own pants.
Well I mean if they want to get their dicks out with new people in new places, who are we to tell them to abstain? Getting hot and sweaty, year after year, with the same people, it can wear on a long term relationship. Is it really bad if they decide to experiment with new things? And new people?