S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced, Could Ambush Multiple Platforms

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Long as I don't have to make a run for the Duty base to avoid getting eaten by Pseudodogs because those fuckers in the base couldn't be bothered with clearing the muties in their neighborhood out, it's all good.
LONG LIVE FREEDOM!!!

tcurt

Jan 28, 2010
As an current owner of all three STALKER games, I'm pleased as punch. I just hope they make a Wii version so I can kill mutants and zombies with my kids and grandparents. That uses the balance board. Just 'cause.

They better keep the voice actors though. You don't know how long I've waited to hear "hey bro!" and "hello, hello, come in" in 5.1 surround.

Or maybe the DS. Can my Nintendmutantdog come eat your dog?

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
I hope it gets consolized, because while the world and atmosphere of the STALKER games was awesome, the gameplay was just too hardcore for me to get into. Mostly I just had no idea where to go next, and I had no idea what to do with the anomalies and I kept dying in combat and I have been playing FPS games since 1996.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Tom Goldman said:
The series is sort of like Fallout 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Game-Year-Pc/dp/B002BXKJA0/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1281804830&sr=1-5], but somewhat less friendly to players, other than the guitar playing.
The setting is similiar but otherwise STALKER is nothing like Fallout 3. STALKER is a shooter through and through whereas Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns.

Get out of here, Stalker!

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games where always more about survival and the journey from point a to point b than about shooting and looting. This game would simply not work on a console because, well, it's not a fucking shooter! It's a first person survival game. You have to manage everything. All your basic needs(eat, sleep, drink, treat your wounds, manage radiation) have to be covered and that is just way too hardcore, and too difficult, for the average CoD/Halo gamer.
Even toned down the gameplay wouldn't please the console crowd. They'd had to throw out every feature that made the first games great and what that leaves is a generic Fallout 3 ripoff.

P.S.: I still hope they mean with multi platform Linux and Mac.

Patton662

Apr 4, 2010
Stable game engine and bigger zone and you will make me a happy bunny. Also more guns, upgrades, side-quests, armors, characters, mutants... you know the drill.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Kelethor said:
TheComedown said:
This could be bad, very, very bad.

I really hope they dont feel the need to dumb it down for the console crowed. If they do dumb it down, the PC fans will reject them, the console crowed will love them, GSC sees that they got hell of a lot more money from consoles, abandons PC gamers. We the elite will then shed a tear for another fallen hero.
"The Elite". Right, cause nothing is better than perpetuating the stereotype that PC gamers are the bourgeois of the gaming world while we console peasants revel in a dumbed-down, worse version of the game. cause we'd totally be okay with that. cause ya know, were console peasants, and were fine with a dumb downed version of the product.
Calm down and take a joke. But at the very least the interface will get dumbed down just to accommodate controllers so already there are areas that will be lacking on the console.

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
johnman said:
While the idea of a console port tnds to give people the image of a shoddy port over to the Pc, I think if anything is going to be shoddy it will be the console version. I say say this not out of elitism but logic, GSC have always made PC games, its what they know and what they are comfortable with. Its stands to reason they will create the template for the PC version first then see what can be transfered into the console version, rather than omit those features entirely.
Exactly this.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Sebenko said:
Wow, combine some humour with some legitimate worries about my favourite FPS getting dumbed down, and that's the response?

It's not like I put "the elite" in quotation marks for shits n' giggles.
Hey, i've added a qualifying statement (this one).

Kollega said:
EDIT: Okay, i apologize in advance, this was worded a bit more harshly than neccesary. But the point still stands - "all console players r dumb" is a cliche as trite as The Hitler Card, and simply not true.
Again, i apologize, i'm just sick of PC gamers calling themselves "the elite"... i detest any sort of class division, especially when it's pulled out of the ass for no good reason.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Kelethor said:
TheComedown said:
This could be bad, very, very bad.

I really hope they dont feel the need to dumb it down for the console crowed. If they do dumb it down, the PC fans will reject them, the console crowed will love them, GSC sees that they got hell of a lot more money from consoles, abandons PC gamers. We the elite will then shed a tear for another fallen hero.
"The Elite". Right, cause nothing is better than perpetuating the stereotype that PC gamers are the bourgeois of the gaming world while we console peasants revel in a dumbed-down, worse version of the game. cause we'd totally be okay with that. cause ya know, were console peasants, and were fine with a dumb downed version of the product.

OT: Well, having played never played the first stalker for longer than 30 minutes, Im excited to see that they are considering a multi platform port. Just please, please, don't dumb it down for the console. we really aren't as thick as you all think we are.
Actually, I could see Stalker as it is now doing quite well to console players.

If the original was more...refined, looked better, was less buggy and was released on consoles tomorrow I reckon it would get a fair amount of sales.

I really hope they dont dumb it down, it would just make it worse for everyone.
PC players would see GSC as 'abanboning' them or something and if Stalker no longer had what made it brilliant then to console players it would just be outshined in favour of Call of Duty: Future Warfare or whatever.

In fact the more I think about it the more it weirdly scares me.

Isilidur

Nov 2, 2010
How about a nice game of original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with SMP mod installed? I think the mod's bigger than the game content itself by now...

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Please God come to console. PLEASE!!!

I played a bit of Stalker Call of Pripyat at a friends house, but my PC is not exactly a "gaming rig" as it struggles at running some flash games. SO playing stalker has been an impossiblity.

I hope it comes to console.

[Edit]
Its like Fallout 3, but less boring more scary.