"S**t just got real" moments

clzark

Aug 21, 2009
In the first modern warfare, when the bridge is falling apart, your team is getting shot all around you, and a wounded cpt. price tosses you a pistol. shit just got real

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Master_Spartan117666 said:
z(ombie)fan said:
"Hellwarping" in act 3 of Survival Crisis Z. THAT is farked up.

Also, any of yahtzees games. whenever someone dies, ITS EPIC.

In particular, 1213. O'hagan's death. sad. westbury's? almost as much. planet earth's? sad and unexpected. but the last 2 dont count since its at the end.

That is the first time i figured out how to /spoiler something! Yay me!
Play his 5 Days a Stranger series, pretty much, as soon as the first death is found, you WILL go 'S**t just got real'.

Also, that certain part in Portal, involving you, an item, and some fire. :(
On the topic of Valve, RIP Robert Culp.
the thing is that in each of the games the shit gets real unbelievably fast and you what else? only 5 days a stanger, out of a series with 8(art of theft counts) games, is the only
game to break up the SHIT-IS-REALness of it(you gotta admit it was the only one to get boring,even it WAS best in terms of "feel').

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
In Republic Commando, the part where you're investigating a ghost ship and find out that it's being used by the enemy. Then you find out that there's a huge enemy ship coming your way with hundreds of troops and your squad of four have to defend your ship with no support. That was hectic but damn it was fun.

mew1234321

Oct 15, 2009
Sorry, these all seem very plot based, but, the second time I got the Ray gun from the mystery box, on my 3rd game, during Nacht der Untoten. I just turned to my friend and said. "Let's go gank some n00bs, ************.

Melion

Apr 16, 2009
BF: Bad Company 2.

There was actually a squad that tried to take revenge on me after I wasted their entire squad when they tried to place a bomb on the M-com station.

I was a recon in a house when I spotted one of them and I tried to snipe him but he went into cover and I saw his other pals in his squad. And they all were engineers.

They started shooting rockets into the house, I barely fled from the barrage of rockets into the ground floor of the house then I saw that they were coming into the house, I planted C4s and Motion Sensor bombs all over the place in a haste and knifed myself through the backdoor. I saw one explosion in the corner of my eye and then triggered the C4.

All of them died.

Then I saw the tank coming at me near the now destroyed house.

"Sh** just got real." I told myself.

I love this game.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Brad Shepard said:
Wakizashi74 said:
In Saints Row 2 when...

Carlos died. The game took a very serious turn. That cutscene where Carlos is shot was actually pretty hard to watch.
im not trying to be mean, but i saw this comming, when i was playing the other missions, i dident see him helping out, so i knew he was going to die.
I did the brotherhood missions first, so I didn't. I laughed when Maero got his comeuppance.

Oh, how I laughed.

asdasdasdasda

Oct 17, 2009
Saints Row 2
When Carlos is killed

Bioshock 1
A man chooses, a slave obeys

InFamous
When your girlfriend dies

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
Wakizashi74 said:
In Saints Row 2 when...

Carlos died. The game took a very serious turn. That cutscene where Carlos is shot was actually pretty hard to watch.
Although the story was avarage that moment seriously made shit go real.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
In Demon's Souls when King Allant turns around slowly, nods slightly at you, then charges and delevels you.

In FFXIII when I first got to Gran Pulse and engaged a random mob, to find myself fighting it for 6 minutes and always close to dying. This was the first time I actually sat up. "Ohai game, nice to see the tutorial is over".

In Homeworld after this mission:

Motherfuckers...

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Well this one isn't a game, but in Season 3 of Prison Break
Sarah's head gets cut off and put into a box

But in a game at the end of Half Life 2 Episode 2:
Eli gets fucked up

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
When my Garrus died
Sheperd kills you and Ghost then lights you on fire
As soon as Dead Space starts

CaptainFatty

Oct 8, 2009
God of War 3
When Pandora hits the flame and destroys it. Then having to fight Zeus knowing you don't have the power to kill him.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
The dramatic one:
Kefka poisons Cyan's entire kingdom including his family.

The "It's on now ************!" one:
"I smell me a traitor."

"...sniff again!"

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Proteus214 said:
The dramatic one:
Kefka poisons Cyan's entire kingdom including his family.
Oh... Hated the bastard. Namely that shit he pulls at Figaro castle (Which, I'll admit, was a little badass.)

Best villain ever.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
When...
Arthas struck down Saurfang the Younger in one blow... And then half the Royal Apothacary betrayed the Horde and owned everyone with the Blight... Had fun owning Varimathras with Thrall and Sylvanas...

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Some douchebag wastelander shot Dogmeat, I beat him to death with a rolling pin and nuked his corpse. (I was playing on the rule of no reloding saves)