"Sad Affleck" Meme Surfaces Following Negative Batman Vs. Superman Reviews

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Happyninja42 said:
I'm almost of the opinion that this was scripted just for lulz. Ben's known for goofing around from time to time.
The meme or the movie?

Because "just kidding" would actually probably help BVS.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Ben Affleck has no need to be sad about his particular contributions to the film: they're arguably the strongest and if nothing else promise that his solo outing is going to be as big if not bigger than the Nolan trilogy. He should feel rightfully proud of his part.

The same however, cannot be said for most of the other wankers involved in this shitfest.
In particular, whichever craven bastard, I suspect David Goyer, decided it would be appropriate to kick off the creation of the Justice League with the Death of Superman should be doing some intense self-flagellation or be publicly flogged

RebornKusabi

Mar 11, 2009
I hate to have to say this even if it's true, but he was one of the best parts of the movie. That's one hope I hope he has, is that he takes like 95% of the reviews to heart, because almost all I've read have said out of the actors in the film, him, Jeremy Irons and Gal Gadot are the best things in the movie.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Something Amyss said:
Happyninja42 said:
I'm almost of the opinion that this was scripted just for lulz. Ben's known for goofing around from time to time.
The meme or the movie?

Because "just kidding" would actually probably help BVS.
The meme :p .

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
He was a good Batman, and all those people who said he would suck were wrong. It's only a shame they couldn't get a better director, or at least one who understood this world and these characters better. Snyder is lost when it comes to who these characters are.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I really feel bad, because Affleck was magnificent as Batman. Honestly liked him more then Bale, or any other Batman really (Except for Adam West, of course, who's in an entirely different category). He just had the misfortune of being surrounded by incompetent directors, writers, producers, and actors. Like a nugget of pure gold drowned in a septic tank.

The one good thing about Dawn of Justice is that, if Affleck is given complete control of the new Batman film, and it really is a Batman only film, and if they can keep Goyer away from it, the Batman flick will be lovely.

Dec 16, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
Dont be sad Ben, you were the best thing in this movie. Like a piece of gold in a cup of hot steamy shit.
that gold was sweetcorn

Dango said:
It is the year 2016, former gaming sites report on new memes.
i don't think many sites recovered after gamersgate.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Wow lots of love for most of the actors but none for Jesse Eisenbergs layered performance as Johnny Depp as Michael Jackson as Willy Wonka as Lex Luthor?

Go fig

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Karadalis said:
Sometimes its the script, sometimes its bad actors and sometimes its just a complete directing mess.

In this case i think its the script and the direction. They tried to jampack into one movie what several marvel movies did to set up the avengers.

Not only that but our suposed "heros" murder people left and right without a care yet the (in movie) world is suposed to cheer them on?

Yeah thats not going to happen im afraid... or atleast thats i would say if the DC movie makers had any clue whatsoever how to make good comic book based movies... wich they clearly dont.
I saw the film today and while I had the same complaints as most concerning the plot, characters, direction... everything, this is what upset me the most. Batman is a straight up murderer in this movie who mows down people with machine guns. How the hell can you be so out of touch with a character as to ignore one of his core tenants that makes up his identity. You'd think that after Man of Steel Snyder would have been more sensitive about things like that. Instead all we got were a few throwaway statements about how whole sections of the city are nearly uninhabited because the work day has ended.

OT: I feel so bad for Affleck. The guy is a comic book and Batman fan and getting to play Batman was probably a dream of his. Such a shame he got caught up in DC's inability to make a decent superhero movie post-Nolan Trilogy. I thought Man of Steel was okay but this... poor Ben might have seen it coming which kind of makes it worse.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
And here I thought he was a good Batman, easily the best thing in the movie.
As far as I know, everyone is saying that Batfleck was the best, most enjoyable thing in the movie.

However, Be Affleck seems to be a genuinely nice person and is feeling bad because he thinks he underperformed as well as others.

Can someone send him a link to articles, forums and social medias to show that majority liked him as a Batman?

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
I've seen a variant of this, just his head with the backing track going "II''VVEE BECOOME SOOOO NUUMMMMB" somebody out there knows the song name, I don't right now.

But yeah, DC fans are still going to defend this movie. Can we all agree for now that the editing in the final fight was absolutely atrocious? Say what you will about Marvel movies, they don't show you 10 seconds of the big finale and then cut away for half a minute to a barely related "creepy" one.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Eh, one of the most consistent things I've heard from the reviews, even the negative ones, is that Ben Affleck as Batman was one of the best parts.
Josh123914 said:
I've seen a variant of this, just his head with the backing track going "II''VVEE BECOOME SOOOO NUUMMMMB" somebody out there knows the song name, I don't right now.

My first thought was Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb, but that specific lyric seems to be from Linkin Park - Numb.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Dango said:
It is the year 2016, former gaming sites report on new memes.
"And in gaming related news, this meme uses the boot-up titles music from the 2000 N64 game Perfect Dark- way to go Perfect Dark, you still got it lil' buddy!"

There, is that a bit better?

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
He did a great job. The movie was solid, not spectacular but you could get into it. I'm really excited for the rest of the movies in the series now.

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
The Hungry Samurai said:
Wow lots of love for most of the actors but none for Jesse Eisenbergs layered performance as Johnny Depp as Michael Jackson as Willy Wonka as Lex Luthor?

Go fig
I will say this about Jesse: If Marvel ever does a Murderworld story in the MCU, he needs to be Arcade.