Sad things that have happened to you.

Firefoxmccoy

Feb 15, 2010
What the title says. Tell the intrnet about some of the sad things in yours or others lives.

Despite my normal and cheerful attitude i've been through some pretty sad things. I just wanna give some backstory here. I was talking with a freind and I asked him about his cat that had recently died. He said he was still pretty sad and wanted to hear about something sad that had happened to me so he could know he wasnt the only one with sad things happening to him. Thus I told this story. Sorry if some of my spelling is off im still sorta shaken up from telling this to my freind.

Around six years ago when I was about eleven I walked home from school everyday like some kids do. Well on my way home I usually go through a allyway that is a shortcut to my house.
As I walked down the allyway I saw a man standing at the end. I decided I wouldn't look at him and kept walking. As I walked past him he stuck his arm in front of me and looked down at me.
I tried to push past but he pushed me down. I don't remember exactly what he said but I think it went somehting like this.
Man-Whatcha doing kid. (Please note the man was obviously drunk or extreamly high)
Me-Im just going home sir.
Man-Then why didcha you fall over kid?
Me-You pushed me!
Man-You shouldn lie kid. Now ya gotsa be punished.

At this point the man took out a knife, picked me up, and held the blade to my throat.
Man-You gots two choices kid. One you can gets killed by my knife. Or two you can do whatever I say.

Being the human I was and not wanting to die I replaied.
Me-Ok I'll do anything you want sir!
Man-Alrights then...(I don't want to repeat this sentence. Really. Please don't make me).

At this point a number of sirens start going off and the Man runs away. Thankfully im able to pull myself togather long enogh to get home. I tell my parents and they get upset as they do. I did have a sister at that time(just to let you know). My sister(whose name I cannot disclose) kept asking me qustion as to what happened. All went fine and dandy untill around 3:00 A.M. when there was a loud crash down stairs. As I ran down stairs I heard my Dad yell and my mom scream as well as my sister crying. Halfway down I hear a BANG(BANG being the sound a gun makes). When I reached the bottom of the steps I saw four things. I will now order them in the order I saw them.
1. My dad yelling at the door(or rather a figure in or leaving through the door).
2. The Man from yesterday running out the door with a gun(as he ran out I could hear sirens in the distance).
3. My Mother holding her mouth crying at the floor(or rather the figure ON the floor).
4. My sister laying in small pool of blood with her mouth open, unmoving.

Oh god I don't want to keep writing. I CAN'T keep writing! Im leaving it here. Damnit...why did I have to write THIS!? I could have written about puppies or aliens or even a bean! A happy bean! I suppose some memories ARE to be left undisturbed. Oh well I'd like to hear your stories as well. I suppose. Yet I don't want to get sadder. Oh well it's my fault for writing this. Tell me something ot make me tear up(or if you can, to make me cry).

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Getting a hold of, and playing, K&L2.

If only i listened to my instincts back then i wouldnt have to post this.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
gigastar said:

Wow dude, did you even read his post? You kind of sound like an ass saying that...

OT: Well, my father had a heart attack when I was 5, and I had to call 911. Thank God he survived. I was mentally scarred by a guy who always tried to kiss me. He even tackled me to the ground. I'm pretty well off, though. I'm very sorry about what happened to you and your sister. Although I'm sure it happened a long while ago, you have my condolences.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
nunqual said:
gigastar said:

Wow dude, did you even read his post? You kind of sound like an ass saying that...
Well the post said its as the title says. K&L2 is certainly a thing and last time i checked sheer dissapointment also counts as sadness.

EDIT: May be a bit callous, but it doesnt say anywhere that we have to offer condolences. I certainly dont expect any.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
gigastar said:

dude... kinda disrespectful?
Nothing THAT dramatic happened to me, luckily.
But there's some stuff I'd change if I could.
My dad turned out to be a huge, socially insane idiot.
my sister broke off all contact with him, but I still see him so it's not very unusual for me to get caught in the occasional crossfire.
I don't talk to my uncle anymore because of something I did. I really shouldn't have...
other than that, I don't really have anything. guess I'm lucky.

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
Wow...I just...can't fathom what that must be like...I must say I admire you for being so strong today...anyway I'll try my best, nowhere near as sad...

While I was taking my GCSE's in year 11 and I was at home one day, my mom collapsed from heart failure. As a child I always knew she had a heart problem, which was that she had a small hole in her heart, which meant it couldn't work efficiently or something like that. This meant her heart was working twice more than everyone else. The doctors said at the hospital she had to have this new surgery or she would die within the next year. So she went for the surgery. 3 days after she had just come out of the surgery (which had a 50:50 chance of survival) and had just woken up. I got to see her with my dad and sister and she was in such agony, she just kept screaming and crying that she wanted to die and the pain was unbearable. You see the surgery was to put a mechanical stopper in her heart to clog up the hole. She was now having to adjust to it and as you can guess it was unbearable pain. For the next 2 weeks she stayed in hospital, slowly getting better but still unhappy. SOO for the whole of the few weeks I was taking my GCSE's I had the constant image of my mum in hospital screaming for death. This is why quadratic equations still haunt me >_<

Happy to say though she's fine and dandy now and healthier than ever. She's trying new things she could never try before and loving life...not exactly the sad ending I think you were going after but having the fear that your mum could die at any moment while taking life changing exams was stressful enough and probably the saddest days of my life...still my life is only short so I'm sure some other more sad event will occur...

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
I so don't believe that story. Call me a callus dick all you want, that story has waaaaaay too many holes to believe it.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Well the worst day of my life is as follows (and yes, it has kinda scarred me)...

I was at my university (which to this day I still consider the stupidest hellhole in existence) at the end of my classes for the day. I was having a lot of difficulties in my chemistry lab because our TA couldn't speak a word of English and just all-around wasn't doing his job. For several weeks I'd been trying to get hold of the head of the chem labs to get some help but she was never in her office and never answered my emails. So I finally had enough and I went to seek an even higher authority. I went to the chemistry administration where the only person in the room at the time was just one man. He called me into his office and asked me what I needed, so I explained my problem. As I explained, he laughed at me constantly. And when I asked him if I could get some help or perhaps take the lab separate from the class he laughed at me further. He walked with me downstairs and told me to wait in a sitting area while he went to go find the chem lab head. After a minute or so of waiting I had enough and I walked towards the lab head's office. As I neared the office I heard her and the man laughing. The man continued "So this dumbass student walks into my office and starts asking for my help HAHAHAHAHAHAHA". I stormed out of the room and literally have not been back in that building since.

But that wasn't all. Oh no. To make matters worse, when I got home and I was going to tell my parents about what a ridiculous experience that was, my dad came home with really grim news: my grandfather (who also happened to be my hero) had passed away.

Definitely a bad day...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Story needs a little bit of updating, but was up-to-date as of September.

<spoiler=Long read incoming>My parents divorced back in 2003. This was actually a good thing, as it allowed my sister and me to not have to listen to the constant fighting, especially at night when we were supposed to be sleeping. The divorce went fairly well, with my father keeping our old house and paying for half of my mother's new house. We ended up in split custody in a one week on, one week off situation. The reason for the split was because my mother ended up having an affair with another guy. His name is [NAME EDITED OUT], and is now set to become our stepfather.

[NAME EDITED OUT] is someone we have known for many years, and used to be a family friend. A long time ago, apparently "sparks" flew between him and my mother, and to avoid those sparks from being acted upon, we ended our relationship with him. Then, in 2003, they decided to have an affair.

The real problems began late 2007. The house next door was vacant, and was finally purchased. The people who moved in ended up being drug dealers. I believe this to be the tipping point for my mother. She had always had problems, and has been on anti-depressants for as long as I can remember. These anti-depressants are not supposed to be mixed with alcohol. At one point in 2007, she attempted to kill herself. We weren't told at the time, but have learned since. Once the drug dealers had moved in, things started crashing down. They physically assaulted our property, brought unsightly people near us, and kept a generally untidy house. We actually found a bag of needles on the front lawn once.

It was around this point that my mother began drinking more heavily. I can remember a time where her back went out, and she said that the "only thing that'll help is if you make me a drink". I had never made a drink before, and apparently did it wrong and I got yelled at for it. Anyways, she was seeing [NAME EDITED OUT] at the time, and he was almost holding her together. Eventually we forced the drug dealers to leave through being really terrible neighbors and multiple calls to the police.

Later on in 2008, my mother and [NAME EDITED OUT] had been fighting, for many reasons, but most importantly because he still had not divorced his wife, even though he'd been living with my mother since November of 2007. It seemed like he didn't want the divorce despite "loving" my mother. [NAME EDITED OUT] has two children, and every summer he takes them to Victoria B.C, for a two week vacation. (They have a cottage there). A couple days after their vacation had started, the now vacant next door house became inhabited again. A single male, who had "the prettiest eyes" she'd ever seen. My mother decided that the relationship with [NAME EDITED OUT] was over, and she took all his stuff back to his condo. (He still had a condo lease despite living with us, not sure why) Almost immediately did Ross and my mother begin their romantic relationship. I hate Ross with a passion. He introduced her to Vodka. Apparently Vodka is not a good thing to mix with her pills.

This was an odd relationship to both me and my sister. It seemed to be fueled almost only by sex, even though my mother claimed it was love at first sight. Within a week, they were already sleeping together, with both of us in the house. If that doesn't reek of immaturity, I don't know what does. By the time [NAME EDITED OUT] got home to find all of his stuff gone, he was pretty peeved. He tried winning her back, by sending flowers, e-mails and cards, until she finally decided that he was better for her. She dumped Ross, but never stopped being in contact with him.

Fast forward to Christmas time of 2008, where we were about to head up to my mother's parents house. She had apparently gone to the mall to see Ross on Christmas Eve, and was feeling ill due to her betrayal. She was sick throughout the entire time, and the constant berating by [NAME EDITED OUT] did not make for a fun holiday time.

This communication continued, and so did the increase in alcohol consumption. [NAME EDITED OUT] was no longer holding anything together, and was actually indulging around the same amount as she was. One night, we truly did believe their relationship was going to end. She had been drinking Smirnoff Ice since before breakfast to "help her back". After downing about a 12-pack, [NAME EDITED OUT] had a meeting downtown. She decided that she was going to go visit Ross. I was sick, and was napping on the couch, while my sister was in her room. She left without feeding us dinner, and with me being really too sick to do anything, we had to call [NAME EDITED OUT]. He fed us and then we enjoyed a great cry together. I believe this is the first time I've allowed anyone else to witness me cry. My mother ended up staying the night with Ross, but the next day, [NAME EDITED OUT] took her back. It seemed like he really did love her.

In the spring of 2009, [NAME EDITED OUT] and my mother decided that we should move into a bigger house, as it was not large enough to fit all of his stuff. Then the moving process begun.

Early in the summer, [NAME EDITED OUT] went away on his annual vacation. Guess who decided to pay us a visit? He apparently had come over to wash her car, but it ended up being the worst night I've yet to experience. He ended up having sex with her on the couch, while my sister and I cowered upstairs, trying to ignore it, and texted [NAME EDITED OUT] about what was happening. It ended up being a one night thing, because as soon as [NAME EDITED OUT] got back, he took her back again. This was 3 days before my 16th birthday.

I believe that the stress from the previous months directly influenced me being sick. In early August, I was admitted to the hospital and ended up staying a full week. I had a few tests done, including blood test and both an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. It was during that time that I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. I believe the stress made the disease manifest inside of me. I ended up having to be on a variety of medications, and had to go for weekly blood tests. The blood tests have been monthly since last

In late August, school began and we tried to continue living with my mother and [NAME EDITED OUT], but we ended up having enough of their drinking. What ended up blowing up was my sister accused them of being sick due to alcohol poisoning. They denied it and then refused to quit/cut back on their alcohol usage. This lead to an argument where the words "Go live with your father, we don't want you here anymore" were uttered. That night, we left. We were finished with them.

We talked to my mother within weeks of that incident and explained what had to happen in order to come back. She picked alcohol over us, so we decided to leave there indefinitely. She then went to counseling in order to deal with her "inner issues". Later on, we went to see this same counselor to give her our side of the story in order to let her help my mother. My mother stopped seeing her shortly after, because the counselor told her that my mother was an alcoholic.

Edit: I guess it just needs to be pointed out that I currently live with my mother and stepfather half-time, and my father the other half.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Chefodeath said:
I so don't believe that story. Call me a callus dick all you want, that story has waaaaaay too many holes to believe it.
This. Sorry to the OP if it's true, but it sounds like he's fishing for attention.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I think the title of this thread is kind of understateting your own story.

Whether this story is true or not, writting it down does help.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I'm sorry but I'm pretty positive that didn't happen.

And I'm not going to spew out a sad story of my own. Sad stories shouldn't be shared pointlessly. They should be bottled up and slowly killed with alcohol.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Swollen Goat said:
Well, my dad died of cancer on Dec.28, 2000 and then my grandmother died nine days later on Jan. 6th. That was fun. Or the day my wife decided to leave (after wiping out the savings account) me by telling me she'd been cheating on me. Yay.
This except my great grandma first then my dad on Aug 26th 2002 of cancer. I was only six.
Well and the wife thing.. sorry mate that sucks.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
nunqual said:
gigastar said:

" I could have written about puppies or aliens or even a bean! A happy bean!"

I think he might be playing people.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
well my best friend died in a fire in fourth grade, leaving me pessimistic, antisocial (and as result, socially inept). but i got better.

but yeah. that sucked.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
Woodsey said:
nunqual said:
gigastar said:

" I could have written about puppies or aliens or even a bean! A happy bean!"

I think he might be playing people.
Yeah, I kind of get that feeling too, but to be on the safe side I offered my condolences.

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
a few years back, i was with the girl of my dreams. We celebrate our 1 year anniversary and everything's going great. Then one month later, she dumps me for no real reason.
2 weeks after said ending or relationship, i hear she's going out with my best friend.

I found out at a later date, she was cheating on me for a month before ending it with me. Which means she was with him behind my back for our anniversary.

After all this, she starts making things up to get attention from people, all of which reflected badly on me. Following these, all people i classed as friends, hated me. even people who didn't know her, found out about these and then started sympathising with her. i've got one good friend and a few people who i get on well with left. but because of her, its hard to make new friends since them stories are still floating around along with other ones. This all happened about 2 years ago.

btw, i know it doesn't sound as bad as yours with the knife point and everything, but it's left me emotionally crippled and I haven't been able to trust anyone since.
its quite a sad story for me and i still love her (i know its pathetic and cliche, but there u go...)

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
My mum died of a brain tumour back when i was 8 in 2005. My grandad passed away back last summer of old age, it was sad but we werent that close. I'm not close with many members of my family, except my father and brother.

Wow this thread is depressing. Sorry about your story OP, if its true, and to everything else thats sadly happened to people here.

AnarchyUK

Feb 3, 2011
Well ermmm ok this is pretty sad but nothing compared to OP.

I've had it easy emotionally, no problems, no deaths of family, at all, hell even my great grandmother is still around and she smokes cigars...

HOWEVER this is what happened to me while working in India over the summer.

I was up in the mountains, about 50-60miles from the town/city of Shillong, and I was working with a moving camp which help people by diagnosing cancer. That was our role anyway, but the people in these villages used our camps to see free doctors for all there problems.

Anyway, on my first day, I caused quite a storm within the area, being white and over a foot taller (I'm only 6 foot) than everyone else, everyone wanted to see me, therefore the camp saw 300 more people than expected, because of this I was given my own patients to see, and to refer to the actual doctors if I suspected anything.

I saw many MANY things, and I will only discuss one here.

Basically this women, of about 20-22 comes in, and pushes a bundle of blankets in my hands, and tells me theres something wrong with her son. Anyway I look at this baby which is in my arms, and I could tell immediately something was wrong, I'm not going to describe it because I can't describe it well. I called in several doctors, who all examine the baby, and all agree its a case of malnuritionment and TB infection (Imagine what you will from that). We explained this to mother, who burst into tears, telling us that she had just lost her other daughther to TB and her husband was unable to pay for drugs as he had recently had an accident at work that had broken his spine.
She explained that she couldn't afford the drugs, and begged us to give them to her.
Unfortunately we were there to treat cancer NOT TB, and therefore she would have to pay for the drugs. We basically told the mother that her son was going to die, and we weren't going to do anything about it.
Watching that women's heart break will live with me forever, I know it will.

Made worse as she followed me around the camp afterwards, begging me as a "rich" foreign man to pay for the drugs for her son.

Morally I knew I shouldn't get the drugs for her, even though I could afford it (Drugs were dirt cheap, and £ goes along way in India) because that would be unfair to everyone else.

Uggghhhh... Even thinking about that, makes my skin crawl...