Saddest Fictional Death

kikon9

Aug 11, 2010
I just read this http://ryclaude.deviantart.com/art/Ebon-Spire-Finale-Page-5-181424667 and up until now I didn't really realize how emotionally attracted to the pilot I was. And that lead me to ask you this escapist:

Which do you think is the saddest death of a fictional character?

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Nagisa and Ushio's deaths were just unbearably sad. I was crying the whole night.

Number 6

Sep 11, 2008
Bragg in Gaunts Ghosts novels

I mean, tk'ed? Really? And he was such a lovable giant

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009

I literally shed a single tear.

[sub]Then I quick-loaded to before this point and made sure that didn't happen.[/sub]

Valkaris

Jun 8, 2010
Either Mordan from Mass Effect 2, "Tell them... I held the line." or Root from Artemis Fowl

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Inb4 Aries.

But i would think Zach from FF7, more badass and fun loving then Cloud could ever be, and then BAM! struck down in the prime of life.

I still say to this day that he would have been over twice the hero Cloud ever was.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
Pip from the comic Hellsing...only because a little prick killed him off. I literally FFFFFF'd because I hated the prick.

RobotNinja

Aug 2, 2009
no_more_usernames said:
AREITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indeed. Her theme song still gives me shivers.
Also Kamina, from Gurren Lagann. I almost cried manly tears when he died.

Zap Rowsdower

Jun 24, 2010
Marvin the Paranoid Android.
Marvin reappears in the second-to-last chapter of So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish. Arthur and Fenchurch find him on the planet where God's Final Message To His Creation is located. He is barely functional, claiming that, due to time travel he is now "thirty-seven times older than the Universe itself." Every part of his body has been replaced, with the exception of "all the diodes down [his] left side," which have been giving him severe pain for the whole of his existence. Arthur and Fenchurch end up carrying him, enduring the robot's constant abuse, to the God's Final Message viewing station, where they lift him up to see the words of the message: "We apologise for the inconvenience." Astonishingly, Marvin responds "'I think... I feel good about it.'" The lights in his eyes go out and his already-worn circuits completely stop working; Marvin is no more. (In the radio dramatisation, his last words are "Goodbye, Arthur." Marvin's 'death' prompts Arthur to say, "Miserable git!" and then, to his own obvious astonishment, to add, "I'll miss him.")

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
ohhh....I give mine to the combined death of Mariko and Kurama from Elfen Lied....it was very sad in its own righ but ad in the Saints (monks) singing Lilium in the backround makes it perfict. Now you may be asking why its not Lucy....well........the gate....:)