Saddest Moments in a Video Game

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
'Walks in' I see there are spoilers for recent games that are not in spoiler tabs... ah well 'walks out'

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Flipping through this thread I couldn't come up with one answer so here my most recent (kind of) upset
Soap and the Russian guy's death in MW3. Soap would have been better if he didn't spent half the game on his back, though. And the Russian guy may just have been feeding off the awesomeness of that last cutscene.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Aerosteam 1908 said:
When in my entire team in Mass Effect 2 died at the end. Sad times. =(

RIP (In order of deaths)
Jack
Kasumi
Thane
Jacob
Samara
Grunt
Zaeed
Miranda
Tali
Mordin
Legion
Garrus
Shepard (The last, and certainly the best)

All of you will be remembered... and then come back once I start the game again.
Nice! I'm sorry but I found it kind of funny. Time really helps, I remember how upset I was when I got Thane killed. I have to do a play through where I get as many main characters killed as I can.

KnightOfHearts

May 24, 2011
I found the ending of metal gear solid 4 to be incredibly sad... why? because it ended!

But in all seriousness, I cried my eyes out at the end of crisis core, I knew exactly what was coming, but hell was it heart breaking.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
triggrhappy94 said:
Nice! I'm sorry but I found it kind of funny. Time really helps, I remember how upset I was when I got Thane killed. I have to do a play through where I get as many main characters killed as I can.
Haha! When I first bought ME2, I didn't have any good characters from ME1 to import so I made a goof-off character and took it upon myself to earn the WORST possible ending, it ended up being a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
This When elena fisher took the brunt of that grenade blast from flynn near the end of uncharted 2

even though she survives i though she was going to die.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
When Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 ended. Not that they were sad in themselves, just the fact I had completed them. I didn't want them to end. :(

Batadon

Jan 17, 2008
The end of Lufia II is just painful to go through, especially if you played the first game and already know what happens but can't stop it.

And pretty much anywhere from the halfway point of NIER on is really sad too. The writing is so good between characters even if the gameplay is a bit lacking.

spielberg11

Aug 30, 2010
A tie between either of the two endings of inFamous 2, or the final image of Batman: Arkham City. What can I say, I held a little soft spot for the clown...

Scarlet Mongoose

Mar 26, 2011
Grey Fox.
So epic. So sad.
And the ending in general. MGS good or bad ending was so bitter sweet. Whether Meryl or Otacon made it out, and Grey Fox sacrificing himself for you.
And "The Best is Yet to Come" playing over the ending. So amazing. I teared up a bit.

irongears

Aug 30, 2010
I remember, back when I was little, and I was playing Homeworld Cataclysm, for those who have played it, your main enemy is this virus that can infect starships. Anyway, when I first encountered them and [very minor spoilers] they started infecting my mothership. Well, with nothing but audio and basically imagination, boy that had me sad for a while.

colson91

Apr 2, 2010
I'm gonna go with the final boss battle in Mother 3. Talk about emotional trauma. Also, when Flint finds out about his wife...