Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
That's a big IF.
Apparently it's wierdly situational. Yathzee said that he pretty much didn't encounter any bugs when he played it. He didn't really enjoy it regardless but apparently it can work fine for some people.

I mean, I never had any of the infamous performance issues in Elden Ring on a PC and I played it near min specs as far as GPU goes. I totally believe people were having significant problems near launch but somehow I was lucky enough to not be one of them.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yathzee said that he pretty much didn't encounter any bugs when he played it. He didn't really enjoy it regardless but apparently it can work fine for some people.
I find that hard to believe considering how wide spread the problems are. But it's also possible that he was so checked out of the experience that he didn't take notice of them.

I said earlier in this thread, several times actually, that the bugs are the least of the game's problems. So even if you got a bug free experience, the core design of the game is not fixable and as such isn't worth playing regardless. Bugs or no Bugs the game is easily a 3/10 at best.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I find that hard to believe considering how wide spread the problems are. But it's also possible that he was so checked out of the experience that he didn't take notice of them.

I said earlier in this thread, several times actually, that the bugs are the least of the game's problems. So even if you got a bug free experience, the core design of the game is not fixable and as such isn't worth playing regardless. Bugs or no Bugs the game is easily a 3/10 at best.
I watched the stream with him and Marty and both of them seemed flat out bored with it. It honestly looked pretty boring as well.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Apparently it's wierdly situational. Yathzee said that he pretty much didn't encounter any bugs when he played it. He didn't really enjoy it regardless but apparently it can work fine for some people.

I mean, I never had any of the infamous performance issues in Elden Ring on a PC and I played it near min specs as far as GPU goes. I totally believe people were having significant problems near launch but somehow I was lucky enough to not be one of them.
The thing is, that’s just on PC, whereas Saints is just as bad on console?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I watched the stream with him and Marty and both of them seemed flat out bored with it. It honestly looked pretty boring as well.
Then why do you want to buy it? Why don't you play one of the other 900 games you've already bought and haven't played instead?

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Then why do you want to buy it? Why don't you play one of the other 900 games you've already bought and haven't played instead?
Yeah, you're right. I'm probably never gonna get it. Just thinking out loud "That sounds cool" since the point I would even consider buying it is years down the road.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I agree with most of what Yahtzee is saying. I still say that a fifth entry could have been possible, had they just done a soft reboot (and of course making a good quality game), but anyone can see where he's coming from. Sometimes it's best just let things end and start a new IP. My other disagreement, and this is more of a personal thing, but I will never ever touch GTA IV again! I've gotten so bored of the series, that you couldn't get me to replay any of them, not even if you tried paying me. The best you can get is for me to listen to the soundtrack of GTA 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I agree with most of what Yahtzee is saying. I still say that a fifth entry could have been possible, had they just done a soft reboot (and of course making a good quality game), but anyone can see where he's coming from. Sometimes it's best just let things end and start a new IP. My other disagreement, and this is more of a personal thing, but I will never ever touch GTA IV again! I've gotten so bored of the series, that you couldn't even give me to replay any of them, even if you tried paying me. The best you can get is for me to listen to the soundtrack of GTA 2.
You know when you think about it. There hasn't been a new GTA game in 13 fucking years. So this reboot could have been a great way to sort of create a new begining and make a new GTA-inspired game with a bit of that Saint's Row flare. New gang, new crew, but same old inner city hijinx. Done right it could have started a new trilogy with ease. But it's so obvious that this story was written by commity and PR folks on top of not being given enough time in the oven.

This reboot is easily the biggestwasted potential from i game I've seen in a very long time.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
You know when you think about it. There hasn't been a new GTA game in 13 fucking years. So this reboot could have been a great way to sort of create a new begining and make a new GTA-inspired game with a bit of that Saint's Row flare. New gang, new crew, but same old inner city hijinx. Done right it could have started a new trilogy with ease. But it's so obvious that this story was written by commity and PR folks on top of not being given enough time in the oven.

This reboot is easily the biggestwasted potential from i game I've seen in a very long time.
Pretty sure GTAV released in 2013, nine years ago my compadre.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
I agree with most of what Yahtzee is saying. I still say that a fifth entry could have been possible, had they just done a soft reboot (and of course making a good quality game), but anyone can see where he's coming from. Sometimes it's best just let things end and start a new IP. My other disagreement, and this is more of a personal thing, but I will never ever touch GTA IV again! I've gotten so bored of the series, that you couldn't even give me to replay any of them, even if you tried paying me. The best you can get is for me to listen to the soundtrack of GTA 2.

A Saints row throwback could have worked. But we are in a woke political climate and filled with devs told not to rock the boat. You need something blatantly offensive and full of edge to make Saints Row work and the three points he make is sensible. If they made a politically incorrect game with enough titty and unapologetic content to serve as a counterpoint to modern GTAV by promising a focus on single player and evolving city using single player dlc it would have sold well. Imagine a mini game where you are tasked with body searching/xraying some rival gang members and finding their sweet points so you can liberate their cash, their gun and their keys.

But it didn't happened fortunately, it was bland focus market sandbox approved by tired shareholders who worked at Ubisoft designed to be a safe investment for Epic to hand out a few billion that they only need 2 million to make the game sell well.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
A Saints row throwback could have worked. But we are in a woke political climate and filled with devs told not to rock the boat. You need something blatantly offensive and full of edge to make Saints Row work and the three points he make is sensible. If they made a politically incorrect game with enough titty and unapologetic content to serve as a counterpoint to modern GTAV by promising a focus on single player and evolving city using single player dlc it would have sold well. Imagine a mini game where you are tasked with body searching/xraying some rival gang members and finding their sweet points so you can liberate their cash, their gun and their keys.
I mean, I would have settled for the septic avenger mini-game back. Yeah, it's stupid and juvenile but it's also shooting liquid feces at cop cars and nice buildings from a pressurized water cannon that's mounted on top of a septic truck for some reason that honestly doesn't need justification and that hits a soft spot for me. Hell, I don't even like Jackass and the whole bit with the Septic Avenger warms my icy heart cockles for some reason.

Last edited:

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
I mean that's kind of the point. The reality is devs don't listen to opinions of the audience anymore because it's not a financially sound move for investors. It wasn't hard to make a competent product but they think investor money can compensate for lost revenue from fans

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A Saints row throwback could have worked. But we are in a woke political climate and filled with devs told not to rock the boat. You need something blatantly offensive and full of edge to make Saints Row work and the three points he make is sensible.
Sucks to be them, and "woke" lost meaning the moment it started becoming a "thing". Yet most of the AA and indie have no problem being edgy and politically incorrect (the right way) when needed. Hope it was worth it for Visceral, the top execs, or investors or whatever. They don't know shit, and have no business being in the game industry.