Saints Row: The Third Hands-On

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Saints Row: The Third Hands-On

Saints Row: The Third was developed on the principle "If it's fun, lets put it in."

Read Full Article

Feb 13, 2008
Pre-ordered a long time ago.

Only three concerns:

Can my Saint have glasses? (Because it was a bugger to get them in SR2)
Is it a Decent PC Port? (Because if it is...GOTY)
Did they really have to do the playboy bunny ad crap?(Seriously Volition...that's EA's dump)

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
It looks catharsis-tastic. Who hasn't wanted to gun down innocent bystanders from a rickshaw being pulled by a gimp?

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I'd leave a proper comment, but i don't wanna get my fanboy juices all over the forum >_>

Eh, i'll do it anyways: OH. MY. GOD! Can't wait for this to be released, and to think it hits stored the same day as Revelations. I'm gonna be split in two when i get home after picking up my games that day!

Mailman

Jan 25, 2010
Between Skyrim and Saints Row the Third I'll have enough gameplay to last me a few months.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Mmmm this is a Winning game, Charlie Sheen style. I think this will go down as my favorite game of the year. Perhaps all time.

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
it's an amazing game and one of the best of the year but sorry Skyrim is out 4 days before it, won't be buying SR anytime soon :(

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
This looks totally insane, in the best way possible. And that Helicarrier would look great in Saints purple...

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
In the first trailer with the audio waves, saying "I'm back, bitches!" Is that meaning that Saints Row is back, or is it a reference to some character? I've played some of the first and all of the second, and I don't recognize anyone like that.

I knew I should have pre-ordered this before I lost my job. Ah, well.

@the_root_of_all_evil: Volition recently put up a note somewhere with a picture of someone working on a PC version, with the caption: "We told you it wasn't a port." I'm pretty sure the PC version is being developed entirely on its own, and it's not actually a port. Which could be good, but to me Saints Row will always be a console game.

Though, I have been playing GTA: San Andreas on Steam lately, so ... who knows.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Frylock72 said:
In the first trailer with the audio waves, saying "I'm back, bitches!" Is that meaning that Saints Row is back, or is it a reference to some character? I've played some of the first and all of the second, and I don't recognize anyone like that.
I remember reading in an article in Game Informer that one of your new ally characters in The Third is a pimp who has had surgery to auto-tune his voice, I'm assuming those are some of his lines.

OT: If only I had the money I would pre-order this, but at least I have nearly a month to scrape the cash together.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Above and beyond the call of Battlefield... 3, eh?
I kinda like how they're making fun of other games. Somehow fits SR.

Feb 13, 2008
Frylock72 said:
@the_root_of_all_evil: Volition recently put up a note somewhere with a picture of someone working on a PC version, with the caption: "We told you it wasn't a port." I'm pretty sure the PC version is being developed entirely on its own, and it's not actually a port. Which could be good, but to me Saints Row will always be a console game.
It was just the horrible port they did on SR2. Had it been done properly, that game would have kicked GTA into touch. As it was, it only rivalled it.

But things like using Ctrl and Shift to move left and right though. That's just derp.

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
That's because they contracted out the SR2 PC port to another company. Never a good idea.

This time around, they are doing it themselves alongside the XBOX/PS3 versions, so there's a good chance it will be up to (or exceed) the console versions.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Frylock72 said:
It was just the horrible port they did on SR2. Had it been done properly, that game would have kicked GTA into touch. As it was, it only rivalled it.

But things like using Ctrl and Shift to move left and right though. That's just derp.
Oh my god, are you serious? Man. That's just weird. I mean, they're not even side by side or anything.

Edit:
Drakmorg said:
Frylock72 said:
I remember reading in an article in Game Informer that one of your new ally characters in The Third is a pimp who has had surgery to auto-tune his voice, I'm assuming those are some of his lines.

OT: If only I had the money I would pre-order this, but at least I have nearly a month to scrape the cash together.
Aha, I found it.

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Zimos_(character)

Sounds cool, I'm just glad I wasn't missing a character from the first two games.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
WHY do all GOOD games have to be released within ten days of each others!? GAAAAh

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Mailman said:
Between Skyrim and Saints Row the Third I'll have enough gameplay to last me a few months.
I'm just going to play Saints Row 3 for the first couple of months then get Skyrim after they've had a chance to patch it up a couple of times.
I'm sure SR3 will have plenty of glitches but I'm betting Skyrim's will be a lot more noticeable and a hell of a lot more annoying.