Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings Down the House (With Bullets)

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
I love at 1:23 the woman doesn't even react to anything going on around her. She just keeps typing away at her laptop.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Dibs on the wrestler, he looks the absolute bolox!

This trailer seems to suggest that all the characters are imortal what with them being stabbed, shot and thrown from/through things and then appearing in the nest scene.

Also that girl on her computer made me giggle, the first guy with the sun glasses is like:

"Er, little help?"

and shes like:

"No thanks, ponies."

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
John Funk said:
We do know, thanks to IGN [http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1171975p1.html?fb_ref=at_xt%3D4de6a065ed180fdc_0&fb_source=profile_oneline], that while it is still an open-world game, the vast majority of missions will take place in instanced spaces like one would find in MMORPGs like WoW. This gives developer Volition the power for more scripted events in action scenes to better further the plot, though some gamers will undoubtedly lament taking players out of the open world, even if it's only for missions.
WHAT? No no no no no! Seriously, I cannot even believe this was ever considered.

OK. Breathe, mate. Breathe.

The ruination of GTA IV was entirely in how scripted it was. (Oh, and your annoying cousin.) What made games like GTA3 were the brilliant, do-it-any-way-you-can missions. My favourite memory of GTA3 was attempting to assassinate a mafia don with a sniper rifle, getting spotted, leaping from the building (and nearly killing myself) before hurling a grenade at his fleeing car... and making the once in a lifetime shot of it exploding right next to it. The car flipped, and exploded.

That's beautiful. It's organic. It can't be replicated by any scripted sequence. It's what Grand Theft Auto was built on, and what made it special. Somehow, Rockstar forgot this, and ruined GTA in the process. But Saints Row 2 remembered it, and I jumped across.

And now, Volition seem to have forgotten it too! Argh!

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Mr. Funk, that game was never a "over the top guilty pleasure" for me. It was just pleasure.

Haha, man I am super stoked for this game!

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
That was wonderful. Song went well with the trailer, good syncing.

Liking the look of the man with the scarf. Here's hoping for scarf accessories.

Couch Radish

Mar 28, 2011
IAmTheVoid said:
If Shaundi from SR2 comes back, I'll be a very very happy man.
In fact, she will.

IGN said:
Once you are reunited with Shaundi you pull your parachute and enjoy a brief moment of calm ? until you realize the plane is turning around and coming right at you. Much to Shaundi's dismay you toss her aside to continue her freefall, ditch your parachute, smash through the plane's cockpit window, shoot a bunch of guys inside, grab another 'chute, exit the back of the plane a second time, and rescue Shaundi again.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1171975p1.html?fb_ref=at_xt%3D4de6a065ed180fdc_0&fb_source=profile_oneline

Yep, she's here.

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
ANOTHER GOD DAMN NOVEMBER RELEASE DATE COME ON WHAT ARE YOU PLAYIN' AT VIDEOGAME WORLD, THIS IS INSANE.
MODERN WARFARE 3, SKYRIM, NOW THIS, WHAT ELSE?

Man, my pocket is going to be hurtin'. So is any free time I might've enjoyed beforehand.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Hell, I'll pay 60$ just to support the crew working on these trailers. Well, having the game would be a bonus, too...

MisguidedTerran

Dec 7, 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, the best game of the damn year.

I keep seeing that chick with the laptop and noting the FBI letters on her jacket, that's messing with my head. Gat's the gentleman who steps in to take a bullet, before getting pulled back into the fight. Two of the more standout characters, the bouncer and the luchador (note his boots) will be recruitable in game. Pierce and Shaundi may be the two back to back gunfighting near the boss, so on so forth. Something weird with the trailer, everyone's gunning left handed...

The Morningstar gang is sort of like the mafia, as info tells us, and is the controlling faction of the Syndicate, a large, branching criminal organization. Ruling with them in Steelport are the Luchadors, bright green masks and burly men, and the Deckers, a sort of strange pop, emo, techgeek appearance to them. This time around, apparently the opposing gang members may be popping up in the others' respective storylines, which kinda brings the big story itself tighter.

In any case, this will end up as my game of the year. No Elder Scrolls, Modern War, or even a dude in a costume with pointy ears is gonna change that.

MisguidedTerran

Dec 7, 2009
kman123 said:
Can someone help me with the song? It's so fucking catchy.
Also, I think that's two guys making out after the elevator zoom.

Saints Row 3: promoting LBGT AND kicking ass. This is GOTY material.
Well, hate to break it to ya, but I believe that's the couple that got in the elevator in the first place.

PsiMatrix

Gray Jedi
Feb 4, 2008
kman123 said:
Can someone help me with the song? It's so fucking catchy.
Kayne West "Power"
kman123 said:
Also, I think that's two guys making out after the elevator zoom.

Saints Row 3: promoting LBGT AND kicking ass. This is GOTY material.
Agreed.

It touched on it in the last one. When Ultor tries to have you killed and 'you' are at a bar hitting on the female bartender, it doesn't change depending on your gender which was female on my first run through.

And I kicked a lot of ass in SR2, look forward to kicking so much more. :)

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
i came.

i swear to god, there's nothing i hear about this that doesn't make it more perfect... well, unless they now allow for FULL customization of your gang.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
THAT LOOKED SO BADASS!!!!

But where was Gat, and the rest of the grew?

Can't wait 'til I get to dust of my signature fadona and duel Desert Eagles and roll out with my gang of (what looks like) CoD extras.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Oh November.... You have so many things to steal my money....

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Saints Row 3

Ive never seen a good year to buy video games (How Odd)

ANYWAY

This is going to be awesome....I can not wait because 1+2 were awesome and I know they can keep topping that (I kinda wish they would rerelease 1 for PS3 tho)