Sarah Palin Autographed Xbox 360 Going for $1.1 Million

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
David Morrill of Vimy, Alberta, said he pushed to the front of the greeting line and asked Palin to sign the Xbox as proof he met her. It was "one of the greatest thrills of my life," Morrill told the Journal.
And he's going to honour that thrill by selling off what she did for him.

I think I missed a logical step somewhere. Don't most people treasure their autographed items rather than pawn them off as soon as they get them?

crooked_ferret

Jul 30, 2009
I just read this first post in this thread.
I have to be honest, I think my inner child just died a horrible death alone in a dark room.

for once, I have been reduced to a quibbling mass, I can't even...
I mean that is to say...

everything about this is so wrong my brain can't process it.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
So... they're bidding for the right to destroy what is technically a part of her? That pricing is way off. I'd pay £8 million, at least, to destroy even a metaphorical part of Sarah Palin.
Icehearted said:
I'll bet it can play Playstation 3 games because it can see one from across the shelf.
Good sir, you are hereby awarded one free internet.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Icehearted said:
I'll bet it can play Playstation 3 games because it can see one from across the shelf.
Props to you for making me lol. I bet the guy won't get his money...but oh well bet he will still make a nice buck off of selling it to someone. Kinda surprised it's Sarah Palins sig on it though. Doesn't she not like videogames? Or am I thinking of another female politician?

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
WanderFreak said:
Now don't you all know, when you're buying an Xbox 360, and I've bought one so I know that when you buy an Xbox 360 you buy one otherwise you don't own one because you haven't bought one, you want to make sure you don't just buy any Xbox 360, don't you know. Because if you do, you don't know what you're getting, because you didn't buy a specific Xbox. And I know that when you want to buy a specific Xbox you don't want to just buy any Xbox, because my family are fishermen and we know that only dead fish buy any Xbox.
Lolz.

And the best part is, we're not exaggerating Palin's speech-making abilities because she really did make a speech that bad. Sarah Palin's speech is like the Alone in the Dark (by Uwe Boll) of speeches. That's how bad it is.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
Hell, they should pay you to buy this 360.
This.
Seriously, anyone who uses this console should have their LIVE account banned. For A. Being stupid, and B. Being stupid with money.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
heh A signed 360... I think that's just weird
I mean a picture or something like that ok sure I get it, but a xbox? I dunno seems like it wouldn't be worth the hassle

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
McCa said:
HobbesMkii said:
This made me so incredulous, I can only express my shock at this through pie chart:

Those are Venn diagrams not pie charts.
What are you? The Visual Representation of Data Police? I'll change it anyways, though, but only because I prefer not looking like a jackass. Also, good catch.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Stick a provocative photograph of her on the other side, and I'll pony up. Something like this: Tina, if you please...

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Hm, I would of thought that if she signed it, it would go down in value...

metagaia

Random small pink blob
Jul 23, 2008
HobbesMkii said:
What are you? The Visual Representation of Data Police? I'll change it anyways, though, but only because I prefer not looking like a jackass. Also, good catch.
Strictly speaking, the second one is an Euler diagram. Venn diagrams must show all possible combinations between sets.

Metagaia,
Visual Representation of Data Police.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
Odds are that system is ALREADY bricked. That's the only reason I would deface my precious, precious Xbox with a losers* autograph.

*As in lost the election.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
That man is in for a well deserved nasty shock.

He should know her support makes anything worthless, just look at John McCain.
He was already worthless. The real surprise is a Canadian considered her autograph valuable.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
darthzew said:
Humanity just lost ten points. That's just ridiculous.
But what's really ridiculous is you saying it had any points to begin with. Shame on you! You have House as your avatar; you should know these kinds of essential truths by now!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I think the real question here is why it was his 360. Did he suddenly realize he was out of paper and thus grabbed the only thing he could think of that a pen/sharpie would show up on?

And yes, I do realize the obvious answer was so that he could auction it off later but still.