Saved game deleted, Rage Insues,

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
This has happened to me various times.
A few times, when the game has simply stopped working. That made me go insane.
Then comes the plain stupidity:
I lent my DS to a non-gamer.
She doesn't understand the importance of having a black Rayquaza, or a golden Magikarp. She pressed new game.
Never come so close to battering my DS across someone's face in my whole life. -Sigh-

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Games for Windows Live recently decided that my Fallout 3 save games don't exist anymore.

That wasn't very nice.

Although, to be honest, I was kind of glad for the excuse to stop playing.

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
LogicNProportion said:
LEVEL 40. OBLIVION.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
HOLY SHIT.

I had a level 22 character. That took me around 300 hours to get. I can't imagine how much time you must have spent on that one.

OT: My old computer was quite shitty, we had to reinstall windows xp several times. Each time this happened I lost all my saves. That is the only single-player game I've ever spent more than 500 hours on. I continued to play it, regardless of the lost saves.

maddness666

Apr 14, 2011
My and my friend decided that seeing as how neither of us had ever played System Shock 2 we should team up and do some co-op. We spend the best part of a day playing it and finally got to the Rickenbacker and he had to go home. We were like "Cool this seems like a good place to take a break anyhow". Next time he was round both our computers resolutely refused to let us play multiplayer. We were not amused.

Not quite the same dilema, but neither of us has played it since.

Also due to some corruptedness in my save file, I can't start chapter six of Baldur's Gate. Which is not amusing. Not amusing at all.

Now all these repressed memories are returning.

Final Fantasy IX..... I'm going to go outside and cry now.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
I lost about half my save games when I switched installs in windows. There's probably a whole bunch of really archaic ways to get them back, but I certainly can't find any.

My little brother once deleted my save on Mario 64 DS (84 stars). He also deleted my save on Mario Sunshine (about 117 stars). He also twice deleted my save on Wario Ware Touched (Pretty much aced. All characters unlocked at least).

Why do I lend him my games? Oh wait, I don't. At least three of these the little fucker nicked them.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I've had a couple.
My Deus Ex save wasn't corrupted, but I accidentally hit quick save instead of load in a situation that I couldn't get out of and my last hard save was hours ago so I abandoned the game.

My FFIX save corrupted and I smashed my controller/abandoned that game.

Oh, I also have a 40GB HDD for the PS3 which is literally full of saves I can no longer access, so...Fuuu.

SwishiestB0g

Aug 7, 2009
Final Fantasy 12

120 Hours logged, game pretty much complete, at final boss.
I say, why don't I start a new game and roll a mage or something...

Get to first save point, instinct kicks in, and in 30 seconds my whole game was destroyed.

I got back to the point but man, it is the worse feeling ever.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Cant remember any exacts, as this was back when I had a PS2. But I wouldnt let my brother play it because he kept deleting my saved games when ever he tried to play it. Oddly wee only had this problem in KotOR and Jade Empire on the XBOX. NEVER had said problem with the 360 (thank God for profile specific saved games).

But I cant think of a time I deleted my own saved game that wasnt on purpose.

Paradukes

Jul 6, 2009
Happened to me with The Saboteur. Tried to load an older game, loaded one waaaaay older than I intended, and accidentally overwrote the new one. Oddly enough, the only thought that went through my head was "Oops... Ah well, at least I get to do those first missions again anyway"

Ferrious

Made From Corpses
Jan 6, 2010
Final Fantasy VII:

I had a 130+ hour save on my memory card, it was the longest I think I'd ever played a game at that point. I'd taken the console to my then-girlfriend's house to play. "Can I play?" "Sure, just when you save be careful not to save over that top save with the hundred or so hours on it".

I went to help with the dinner. About forty minutes later she came downstairs with tears in her eyes confessing that she'd accidentally saved over the top save. It was so cute I couldn't be mad at her.

Still, would've liked to have kept the save file!

what.twitch

Jan 15, 2010
My mom and I both play RPGs like Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms on the PS2. Well, at first we were sharing a memory card. One day, I fire up Champions ze first to get some killing in after a hard day of school...and can't...find...my file...

I searched for almost ten minutes. Turns our my mother had been playing earlier that day. She. Saved. Over. My. Level. 70. Shadowknight. SHE SAVED OVER MY LEVEL 70 SHADOWKNIGHT WITH ALL OF THE EPIC MAGICAL GEAR THAT I HAD CRAFTED MYSELF LOVINGLY WITH LITTLE ADD-ONS I HAD BEEN LUCKY TO FIND WHEN I DID! So much rage ensued, and I NEVER got my poor little Shadowknight back up to the glorious form she had been.

From that day forth, we decided to have separate memory cards.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
Gran tourismo 3 on playstation 2 with around 40 hours of game play and being very close to actually finishing it, in the 3 seconds it took to save, there was a powercut. i was not impressed.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
My Pokemon Platinum file corrupted with a shiny Giratina and Mesprit in the PC box. That sucked so much...

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
In FF4 a saved after the 1st boss in the tower of zot not knowing that there was a boss after, 2 of my characters were dead and my rest were low on health and i had no potions or anything, i had to restart the game.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
I got a new xbox and sold the old one with the harddrive. I figured I better transfer profiles, but for some strange reason it didn't occur to me that also transferring save games might be a good idea before wiping the harddrive.

One month later I decided to fire up Rock Band for some plain, old fun.. and THEN it hit me..

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
I was cleaning up my useless save files in my fallout 3 and accidentally deleted my first character with over 250 hours put into it and my old PS2 memory card got corrupted and I lost 120+ hours of final fantasy 12 and some other stuff that doesn't matter as much.

]DustArma[

Mar 11, 2011
Not quite save game deleted, but playing STALKER SoC I managed to somehow sequence-break the part with the toxic smoke, I was supposed to get a Hazmat suit from a guy as part of the quest but since that particular conversation never trigged I instead charged inside the bunker by careful save-scumming and medkit spamming, made it inside the bunker only to realize that I had to go through another smoke-filled room and I didn't have enough health kits to survive it, so I simply went back to the exit only to see that the only way back out had been locked.

I was so pissed that I eventually just cheated my way out with God mode, then I realized I had sequence-broken and plain old broken the whole main quest with that little stunt I pulled.

About... 60-ish hours down the drain and in the end that particular save got deleted.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
This was years upon years ago, but through my playthrough of Pokemon Blue, my little brother somehow got ahold of my cartridge and deleted my save file because he thought it would be funny. He actually did it due to a dare from one of his friends at school, but I've long since forgiven him for it. We were kids, after all.

Guess where I happened to be at the time?

About two steps from facing Mewtwo.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Pokemon sapphire first ever game I ever really had. Lots of legit level 100's and at least 150-250 hours on it. Sister plays and saves over it before she left the first town. If I went to prison for life for killing her I probably would not have regretted it.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Also every earlier pokemon game with only 1 save file slot. I think we have all been there and tears have been shed. Funny thing is though the second playthroughs are usually better than the first