Say One Thing About The Country You Live In

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Denmark

According to wikipedia:
Denmark has the highest consumption of meat per person of any country in the world.

"There's no dessert until you finished your pork."

I think we score pretty high on consumption of alcohol as well.

johnnyLupine said:
Treating people with respect isn't really a big acomplishment but the fact that our behaviour back then was so different to that of America's, another of the major centres of civilisation and culture of the day (and now very likely the driving force behind much of the culture the west (or at least the UK, I can't speak for other nations)) creates a kind of contrast which actually makes me feel proud of Britain's outlook back then.
I imagine that may be a side effect of being an old colonial Empire. The few times I've visited the UK I was impressed by the cultural diversity.

I feel we could learn a thing or two from you guys...

-KC-

Jul 15, 2010
Bosnia and Herzegovina

We invented Ćevape !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%86evapi

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010

Interesting Fact:

English Canadian National Anthem has lines such as -

Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

French Canadian National Anthem has lines such as (English translated/arguably more badass)-

Land of our forefathers,
Thy brow is wreathed with a glorious garland of flowers.
As is thy arm ready to wield the sword,
So also is it ready to carry the cross.
Thy history is an epic
Of the most brilliant exploits.
Thy valour steeped in faith

Pointless Information: In WW1, the Canadian Expeditionary Force was referred to as "Storm Troopers" by German Forces, due to the fearless Trench raiding tactics employed by Canadian troops at the battle of Ypes. Canadians were the first force of WW1 to employ 'Trench Raiding' which was eventually adopted as a tactic by the German forces. For the remainder of WW1, anytime Canadian forces were brought to the front of an assault, German forces were said to have prepared themselves for the worst.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Australia, we invented the clothes line, the bionic ear and can beat the English at cricket any time we want.

Thommo

Feb 14, 2013
Australia

Every animal (except some of the birds) will ruin your day in some strange and unusual fashion

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009

Snow, forest, alcohol, sauna, metal, coffee and more snow... Yup! thats about it.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I really enjoy living in Canada, it's really nice, as much as I whine and ***** about the weather, I really do enjoy Canada.

Worldbreaker

Feb 9, 2013
Serbia:

Actual conversation with Americans (the conversation happened couple of times):
- Where are you from?
- Serbia.
- Oh that is in Russia? Heard it's pretty cold there.

Dear Americans, we are not Siberia.

Rai^3

Jul 25, 2009
'Murica, where the radical minorities have the loudest voice because they don't know what a fucking democracy is. Then again, we're actually a republic, not a democracy, so eh.

Fact: A lot of stereotypes about Americans are depressingly true. If I had a dollar for every time I've seen an intolerant, Bible-beating, gun-toting jackass who was as wide as he was tall, I wouldn't need a job.

But at least they're dying off! :D

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
Netherlands.

We've got a political party called 50+. We've got cannabis. We've got a lot of water.DON'T visit comments sections of the websites of our newspapers, and DON'T read the "Opinion" sections of the papers themselves.

That's pretty much it, really.

TheMonkeysUnkle

Aug 17, 2011
gummibear76 said:
Canada.

Shockingly, despite our reputation, Southern Ontario is quite warm. Most of the snow we've gotten recently has been washed away by rain or melted by the increasingly common >0° temperatures. THIS COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO BE COLD, DAMN IT! WHERES THE SNOW?!?
Global warming man. Here in Canada, the weather forecast could call for snow, and instead it'll rain half the day and be sunny during the other half. It can also work the other way around.

zzkill

Nov 12, 2012
Romania

Great nature(we have mud volcanoes, sea, a delta and mountains ffs) and many resources, but retarded, greedy and corrupted political leaders, kinda stupid population political-wise and it feels like someone out there wants this country to fail. And it's working... (If I'm going to hear someone say communism is great, I'm gonna slap that hoe.)

Also, we like out salt, don't tell us every day that too much is harmful, TV.