Say One Thing About The Country You Live In

TheBestPieEver

Dec 13, 2011
SirPlindington said:

Info: It isn't actually called 'Murica. That's a shockingly common misconception.
Goddamn it! I only moved to it because 'Murica sounded awesome.

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
TheBestPieEver said:
SirPlindington said:

Info: It isn't actually called 'Murica. That's a shockingly common misconception.
Goddamn it! I only moved to it because 'Murica sounded awesome.
Yeah, that happens a lot. 'Murica is really a small island nation just off the coast of Vietnam, in the South China Sea. And by small, I mean it's literally a rock with a palm tree on it. That's where the template for all of those comics come from. Indisputable fact.

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
Quazimofo said:
DrMegaNutz said:
United States of America

Where my vote doesn't matter thanks to the electoral college.
Well, they vote based on the popular vote in a state, so while it potentially can negate your say, it doesn't really.
I understand that but we have the internet now and vote on computers. I personally believe that the popular vote should be the one that counts. It's the people that decide the president, not the state. Mind you, there are only a few instances where the electoral vote and the popular vote have differed but I still hate the system.

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
TheBestPieEver said:
Mojo said:
Germany

We haven't invaded anyone in quite some time now...
Aren't you guys not allowed to start a war anymore?
According to our constitution we are not allowed to start a war of aggression, true.
Unless the United Nations Security Council or the United Nations Charter agrees that we should we are not allowed to use military force to disrupt peace in a country. That means that theoretically we could start a war if we were able to justify that it ensures peace somehow, but that's just theoretical.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Vhite said:
Slovakia

We are not Slovenia
Someone from my country! No way!

We are also in Europe.

Also, we sent a bomb to Ireland, don't forget the bomb!

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Argentina.

Come for the misleading promises of beautiful landscapes, stay after they gut you for your money and valuables. Unless they scam you first.

Or, alternatively, "hive of scum and villainy" works pretty well.

Bolwing

Mar 5, 2012
Poland.

Our main exports are The Witcher videogames and meat.
The weather is terrible, but at least our cuisine is good.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
England.
info: Henry VIII popularised the word "orange" to describe colour, as opposed to just the fruit.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Fact: Our current measuring system was chosen over the Metric system by only one vote.

Sanders

Jan 15, 2013
Fact: It's law that you have to wear a kilt for at least 1hour every day, or you go to jail and get no haggis for the rest of the year -_-

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Live in Canada.

Tidbit : Its snowing outside, and cold. Oh, and we're the only country to successfully invade the U.S.A, and burnt down Washington.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
United States

Fun Fact: Contrary to popular belief, obese people are still a minority.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
England.
We fall into nationwide panic whenever it snows even a little bit. Even though we get snow every year. You'd think we'd learn to cope with it, but nope. Inch of snow, end of modern civilisation.