Say One Thing About The Country You Live In

lunam-kardas

Jul 21, 2011
United States of America
Info: Our Wolves and Coyotes are starting to breed to create Coywolves. So... that's going to be interesting to deal with...

lunam-kardas

Jul 21, 2011
The Code said:
America: land of the free, home of the brave, and headquarters of the greedy, stupid, and fat.

More regionally specific:

Arizona. We actually try to get shit done right, and everyone else HATES us for it. :D
The funniest damn thing I ever saw was an Arizonian woman telling a reporter that "We were here first" in response to the Mexican illegals... and no one wanted to break it to her that Arizona used to be a part of Mexico.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009

The One Thing: Whatever your lifestyle choices, political/religious views, interests, nobody would ever criticize you for them (not to your face, at least). Just don't say anything negative about Obama. They'll run you out of town.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Lunar Templar said:
We're run by, idiots, retards and special interest groups, but I love it here all the same and still actually believe in the ideals of our founding fathers.
Its funny how in America doing what the founding fathers wanted is the apex of all that is moral and good.

But in England if we did that we would be bowing before a rich fat king after he murdered his brothers to obtain it. Our founding fathers sucked a massive dick and theres no reason to be anything like them, unless we count them as the ones who wrote the Magna Carta but to be fair our nation existed well before that. Only a bloody revolution to overthrow everything they stood for gave us democracy. I find that very funny for some reason how different our cultures are in that respect.

England:

It rains here and we love apathy. Taking ANYTHING seriously, ESPECIALLY ourselves, is seen as pompous and arrogant.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012

- We don't have a "barbecue", we have a "braai" and we'll burn and eat every damn piece of meat we can find just to sate our ritualistic social gatherings revolving around the consumption of animal flesh and beer...lots of beer.

zxvcasdfqwerzxcv

Nov 19, 2009
I'm from Ireland but I'm living in London in the UK.

People here are rubbish drivers. Don't like that. And Londoners are quite anti-social people; strangers always pleasantly shocked whenever I show a basic common courtesy.
They're a seriously apathetic and quite envious people too, always keen to put down anyone's success.
That said, I love it here and I've made lots of great friends. There's a lot of good here too - there's ambition and passion in this city. And most that is good and bad about the UK is the same in Ireland anyway. (Except the unfriendliness, even a Dublin junkie is friendly at heart!)

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Israel

There are lots of things I could say about the country, but probably the most prominent thing is the boredom here. Nothing interesting to see, nothing interesting to do. I wish I was living in the US actually.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
[small](I pick the country I'm from. Because.)[/small]

Germany:

We've got a lot more sun than the entirety of the US.[footnote]according to FoxNews[/footnote]

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
US of A!
We aren't that bad but we like telling people that we are.

laraghboy

Jul 14, 2010
Ireland

"And let grief be a fallen leaf at the dawning of the day"

"Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"

"Wherever green is worn,
Are changed, changed utterly:
A terrible beauty is born"

"An aged man is but a paltry thing, a tattered coat upon a stick"

"Behold me now with my back to the wall.
Playing music to empty pockets"

"Cast a cold eye
On life, on death.
Horseman, pass by!"

The land of the Milesians, Shining folk and the Tutha de Danan has given the world some amazing poetry, literature and art. Known to the world for Guinness, Riverdance and economic debt, for Liam Neeson, Colin Farrell and Colm Meany. Inventing the word for whiskey (but not the drink itself!) The kilt is ours, but respect to the Scots for actually wearing it! In a country where religious fundamentalists aren't to be found, we've still had wars, between Protestant and Catholic, over what type of "good Christian" you were. All in all, I love my country, despite it's problems and have a fierce pride well up in me everytime I say "I'm Irish actually"

P.S.
Voted the sexiest accent in the world a few years ago, not sure if it still is.....(fucking should be!)

Mr Mystery Guest

Aug 1, 2012
Ireland

Do you know those keypads that you enter a pin to open the security doors to your place of work ie: banks, shops and supermarkets? In Ireland they all use 1916 which was the year of independence because they are sooooo patriotic. I've worked for 7 companies here and they all mindlessly use it and I'm amazed they haven't all been robbed.

Dylan Miller

Jul 9, 2012
Trinidad and Tobago

We invented calypso, soca music and the steelpan. Also we gave the world Nicki Minaj and the doctor who killed Michael Jackson. Yeah... sory bout that.

Brainwreck

Dec 2, 2012
I like all the trees around.
Edit: according to the most trustworthy source of information in the world, Wikipedia *snicker*, Hungary is number 8 on the list of countries by suicide rates. Kind of impressed, in a way.