Say something nice about the Star Wars Prequel. If you can.

BrotherSurplice

ENEMY MAN
Apr 17, 2011
I'm not gonna comment on the quality (or lack thereof) of the acting, the story, or the main characters. I will say, however, that the clones were fucking AWESOME. So much badass!

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
The fights were really cool. It wasn't swish, pause, swoosh, pause, kling bzzzt, like in 456, but more like SWISHSHWOOSHBAM BZZZAP PEW PEW PEW KKCCCHHGGGGG, beep boop *whistles*. I also prefer a Jedi slicing through a million droids over a Jedi inflicting shallow wounds to a storm trooper.

The space fights were pretty rad, too.

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
Can someone please explain to me why Darth Maul was cool?

He had spikes on his head and a red-painted face. It really wasn't cool in any way, shape, or form.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
badgersprite said:
The music is great, for the most part, and Darth Maul was really cool looking and memorable despite, as far as I know, having practically no lines in the movie and possibly not even being referred to by name in the film. Palpatine is also entertaining as hell to watch; his over the top hamminess is awesome.
there is a line where palpatine says he is sending his apprentice, darth maul, to naboo when talking to the leaders of the trade federation. however it is difficult to hear because he is on hologram. otherwise, i think you might be right.

OT: i really liked the casting of liam neeson, ewan mcgregor and christopher lee. i also was quite moved in episode 3 by order 66, the fall of the jedi.

i would have also mentioned natalie portmans casting, but tbh i really didn't like her in the star wars films, just her other work

Stublore

Dec 16, 2009
I like that there are no more of them!
As far as I'm concerned, SW,ESB, RotJ are the only Star Wars films :).

OriginalLadders

Sep 29, 2011
Duel of the Fates.
Liam Neeson as a Jedi.
The Jedi Starfighter from Episode II.

Though personally I'm a fan of both trilogies.

EDIT: Also, I have to do this.

Bhaalspawn said:
...Also, Ewan MacGregor, Liam Nesson, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christiensen, Samual L Jackson, Christopher Lee and Jake Lloyd are FAR better actors than most of the cast of the Originals (with exception of Harrison Ford, Sir Alec Guiness, and Ian Mcdirmand)...

"I'm Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon and the only actor whose career isn't ruined by this movie."

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
Darth Maul, Grievous, Palpatine, Ewan Kenobi... The initial space battle in Episode III. Meeting new jedis, even if they did little more than getting killed. Episode III being the darkest movie of both trilogies. And that once it's finished we get ready for Episode IV, with Vader in the empire and Obi Mc Gregor leaving Luke in Tatooine.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
the origins of the storm troopers.
satisfying and exciting lightsaber battles.
darth maul's second light saber blade.
the genocide of the jedis.
watching palpatine leave dooku out to dry.
general grievous.
liam neeson.
natalie portman.
seeing hayden christensen being dismembered and lit on fire after 282 minutes of horrible acting.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
The battle scenes in the third where great (What revenge of the sith is my favourite star wars movie!)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Great fight scenes, great music (Revenge has the best of any of the films), good CGI (admittedly dodgy in some places; but again, Revenge's is great), and the performances are good, for the most part.

I think complaints aimed at Christensen are primarily misdirected complaints that should be for the writing.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Gizmo1990 said:
Let me just say I hate the Star Wars Prequels. But as much as I hate them (Ja Ja Binks. Really George?) I cannot take all the bitching any more. So try and say something you liked about them. No matter how small. Personaly I loved the music. In fact it was the only thing I liked. John Williams doing what he does best. The saber fights in the Prequels were all flash and no substance but his music made them at least tolerable (except for when Yoda pulled out his kiddiy sized lightsaber. Damn you George Lucas).

Anyway what did you like if anything?
Easy peasy.

1) Jar Jar is the unsung hero of the Trilogy: just examine his character arc across the three films. Epic.

2) The pursuit and light saber fight with General Grievious is awesome.

3) The Revenge of the Sith is a better movie than A New Hope.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
Well, I thought 3 was completely awesome (Even if 1 and 2 were complete pieces of crap), and, whilst mostly carrying no emotional weight, the lightsabre battles were extremely cool for me.

Also, I really love the music. I thought that it was better than in the originals. The music in what is probably the worst scene in the saga (The "Sand" speech by Anakin) is actually the 3rd most listened to piece on my iPod.

I found that when the CGI isn't getting in the way of the narrative, it works quite well. I loved the space battle at the start off Episode III.

Apart from that, I really liked the explanation for the Force. Midichlorians!
OK, I'm obviously trolling with that last one.

EDIT: Just thought of a new one. I think Ewan McGregor did a REALLY good job, considering how stupid his part mostly was. I feel bad for him. Just because he was in this, he will probably never be in a big-name film again, and he's really a pretty good (If not excellent) actor.

Aug 25, 2009
Cool effects (even if they did take away from the story sometimes) pretty amazing cast, Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Samuel L Jackson, Natalie Portman, in fact the only real casting misstep was Hayden Christensen. And I even found Jar Jar tolerable, because unlike the rest of the Star Wars we're all insano fandom I remembered the mother-trucking Ewoks who had come along thirty years before.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I flipping love lightsabers... So times that by a couple of hundred and already its something I like!! Lots of awsome looing lightsaber duels... and then... This:

Also:

And finally... This song...

So yeah... I enjoyed them! :p