Say something nice about the Star Wars Prequel. If you can.

Pb Zeppelin

Aug 5, 2010
Even though I now find Jar Jar insufferable, I still consider the Phantom Menace the best out of the prequels solely because of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's light saber battle against Darth Maul. It was also the most colorful out of the bunch and felt the closest to the original movies. Haley Joel Osmett sucked ALMOST as much as Hayden Christensen, though.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
I'm sorry but you say you can't stand the bitching any more but then half of your post is taken up with insults towards the prequels what's the deal with that?For the record I did like the prequels they aren't as impressive as the originals where when they came out but in my opinion they are still good,entertaining movies.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
The saber fights were well choreographed, especially in Episode 1 but even against Christopher Lee in the Episode 2, (even though Yoda vs. Lee was ridiculous,) and Whiney McGee vs Obi Wan in Episode 3.

TownTattle

Nov 7, 2011
Lots of cool new characters that were later explored in the comics (Ki-Adi Mundi)
Nice lightsaber fights, although the battles in 5 and 6 were much better IMO.
Ewan Mcgergor did an awesome job of becoming a young Alec Guinness i thought and I felt he deserved a lot more recognition for his acting in those three films.
Samuel L Jackson was a badass as usual and Christopher Lee was really good as Count Dooku.

Actually, I liked the prequels, they weren't perfect, but they were good.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Lesee...

1) John Williams music.

2) Natalie Portman, as other people have already said.

3) tbh, I didn't exactly mine the saber fights all that much. Maybe it's because I've watched a lot of anime, but flamboyantly ridiculous fights don't bother me all that much anymore now. Also, I honestly thought that Yoda with his kiddy lightsaber was actually kinda cool the first time through (subsequent times I realize how stupid it was, so...).

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
- John Williams is the man
- Natalie Portman, obviously
- Christopher Lee dominates anything he is in and elevates any movie by presence alone
- Darth Maul, apart from Vader the only Sith I felt was threatening without needing to really say or do anything.

They also gave us the 'Clone Wars' animated shorts, which I always liked as a guilty pleasure. In some ways, they're actually superior to the prequel trilogy in key areas. For example, the short exchanges and banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan in Clone Wars do a better job of making you believe they're good friends than the movies ever did. General Grievous is actually badass in it. And one short sees Mace Windu take on an entire droid army with his bare fists, so the Force Unleashed can go suck it.

Feb 28, 2008
The acting of Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee especially. They brought a certain gravitas to the whole affair.

The musical score, as mentioned.

The lightsaber duels were quite a bit more showy than the original ones, which I actually liked.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
thahat said:
ejb626 said:
General Grievous had a pretty cool voice.
and was a balls-out badass. so was his fleet. and the spacebattle.
Too bad his fight with Obi-Wan was so lame, he spent more time running away than fighting when in the animated series he takes on four Jedi at once and kills two of them. I'm guessing it was a budget issue with the CGI.

salinv

Mar 17, 2010
I enjoyed them as a kid, I even thought they were great. Granted, I didn't really know that there was an original trilogy, or rather I had not seen them and that Lord Vader was simply a mythic figure of the future that kept me interested in the prequels.

I haven't seen them since though. I am contemplating renting all six sometime soon and having a day long star wars marathon, so I can at least see why everyone hates them with such a passion (now that I'm older and obviously less jaded about such things).

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor were cool. The CGI looked pretty awesome in places. Some of the games that appeared from them were absolute class.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
I did enjoy "Attack of the Clones" as a whole film. Otherwise the space battles in "Revenge of the Sith". However I didn't like Padme and Anakin's relationship throughout the new trilogy, I found it rather tiresome. I can't really explain why ):

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
Liam Neeson was pretty much the prequel saving grace. That was until they killed him off in the first movie. Other than that the lightsaber battle were pretty epic.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
Episode 3 had a really cool opening space battle, and the final duel between anakin and obi-wan was impressive.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
RuralGamer said:
The only things I can say were bad with the films were Hayden Christensen's attempts to express strong emotion, the romance (or lack thereof) between Natalie Portman and Hayden and the Yoda language overkill.
I agree, I found the portrayed relationship rather tiresome and when I think of it, the segments of the films relating to their relationship kind've held the film back/didn't add much.