Say something nice about the Star Wars Prequel. If you can.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
SOUND DESIGN
I liked the sound of the Magna Guard's purple sticks in Revenge of the Sith.

SHIP DESIGN
I liked the design of the droid landing ships, the queen's chrome ship, the Naboo fighters, AT-TE, landing ships in Attack of the Clones and a few others.

SEQUENCES
I liked the pod race sequence.
I liked the clone battle in Attack of the Clones.

OTHER
I liked the original trailer.
I liked some of the games that have come out of it and I've liked some of the episodes of the Clone Wars.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Lt_Bromhead said:
Liam Neesom.

I repeat: Liam Neesom.

And in ep's 2 & 3 Euan McGregor as well when he loosened up a bit.
This pretty much beat me to it =)

However, I feel the need to repeat it a couple more times just to make sure the point hits home;

Liam Neeson. Liam Neeson.

LIAM NEESON!

OK, I feel better now.

Otherwise, I actually liked all of Amidala's outrageous outfits, especially when you look back at the design documents and see the actual historical outfits that they were based on.

Also: John Williams.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Gizmo1990 said:
Let me just say I hate the Star Wars Prequels. But as much as I hate them (Ja Ja Binks. Really George?) I cannot take all the bitching any more. So try and say something you liked about them. No matter how small. Personaly I loved the music. In fact it was the only thing I liked. John Williams doing what he does best. The saber fights in the Prequels were all flash and no substance but his music made them at least tolerable (except for when Yoda pulled out his kiddiy sized lightsaber. Damn you George Lucas).

Anyway what did you like if anything?
This might catch flak, but Hayden Christensen was actually not a bad actor, he just wasn't given a good script. He played his part well.

The Chaz

Dec 1, 2011
The music, Darth Maul, the arena scene in Attack of the Clones, and the space battle at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
"so i threw the senate at him... the whole senate! true story"

that and mace windu and his badass purple lightsaber. plus it spawned genndy tartakovsky's clone wars miniseries which was AWESOME

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Well... some of the CGI looked pretty good... and uhh....

Yeah that's about all I can come up with. x_x

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Three things:

3)Liam Neeson: I think Liam Neeson is a Jedi in real life. But anyway, he was the best kind of Jedi. He preferred not to fight, but still could if he had to. And...its Liam Neeson. If I was training to be a Jedi, why wouldn't I want Liam Neeson to teach me.

2)Yoda's Fight Scene in Episode Two: It was awesome to see why Yoda was considered such a master. It was like a controlled chaos. It seemed like such a chaotic fight style, but there was such an elegance to it.

1)Darth Frickin Maul: This dude was why I saw episode 1 and one of my 2 reasons to sort of asterisk this movie and put in the Return of the Jedi rank instead of with the other 2 stinkers. This dude looked cool, made double-bladed lightsabers cool (before that got ruined), and had probably the best lightsaber fight in the entire series. Period.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
The fact that they are over. Throw in that George Lucas actually will have to write a somewhat legitimate plot for the episodes 7-9 and we can hope that these get lost in the annals of history.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Darth Maul is the most br00tal dude in all of Star Wars. He LET himself get cut in half just for shits.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I liked... the space ships? And the podracing was fun too. Boyish nostalgia tells me I like the movies but since becoming a student of film... Yeah, these movies suck.

Princess Trollestia said:
They were better than the originals will ever hope to aspire to become.
Troll harder Princess, troll harder :p

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
Saltyk said:
BaronUberstein said:
I enjoyed chunks of the movies here and there. The battle droids in Episode 1, while still incompetent, were still cool enough for me. When I had that movie on VHS I'd fast forward for the big deployment/battle scene just to watch the battle droids kick gungan arse.

General Grevious had so much potential, but I guess they just needed a one-movie villain. I kind of wish they had somehow introduced him earlier...
Um, the battle droids are supposed to be incompetent and slow. The idea is that while the droids can be mass produced, and are vastly superior to the Clone Troops in number, the Troops are far superior fighters. Its supposed to be a major reason why there are no battle droids in the Original Star Wars trilogy.
I...never said otherwise? o_O

I said, "while still incompetent, were still cool enough for me", aka, despite their lack of ability I still saw them as cool. The skeletal design, the creepy uniformity of their movements at times. If anything they were still a valid military idea, much like how for the Soviet Union, ramming enemy tanks with cheaper tanks worked at times. :p

Episode 3 was annoying in multiple ways, but the first really big 'wtf' moment for me was when they completely tossed out battle droids even TRYING to be threatening. Just because they're mass produced, low quality war machines doesn't mean they're not WAR MACHINES. CARTOONY VOICES ARE ABSURD. BLARGH!