Say something nice about the Star Wars Prequel. If you can.

Sakeretsu

Aug 15, 2010
Okay real Fact: being quite young i saw the movies in chronological order starting from phantom menace and ending in return of the Jedi.

I for my part had an increasing curve in liking the films and their universe.
Since i did not have that nostalgia of the original ,I really enjoyed the prequels (I was also around 8 when i saw my first one) the CGI visual were gorgeous the overall universe was well set and the action sequences were great .

When i came upon the originals I appreciated the much deeper story and involvment with the Char(actors) ,but i though the visual were lackluster which was good because my more mature age made me like that deeper epic storytelling.

I can honestly say i loved all Star Wars Movies ,and think i am quite lucky to be able to say that!!!

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Qui-Gon Jinn was a fairly engaging character. And the scene with Jin and Maul separated by the force field in the middle of their fight was interestingly handled.

Unfortunately, I would much rather have followed Qui-Gon Jinn than Annakin for another two movies, and the fact that that brief scene with no dialogue was more thoughtful than 99% of the movies' dialogue really says something.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
as one of the two people on Earth who actually likes the prequels (not more than the original trilogy), I can safely say:

the music is fantastic. Duel of the Fates is easily in the top 5 songs in the entire saga.

Obi Wan and Qui Gon vs Darth Maul is one of the best lightsaber duels of all time.

people tend to overlook the great performances (Ian McDermod, Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels, Ray Park, Samuel L. Jackson, Christopher Lee, etc.)

I love how dark Revenge of the Sith gets. Anakin goes to the dark side and EVERYTHING goes to shit. everyone in the original trilogy talks about how horrible the Empire was and how they killed all the Jedi. and now we get to see how evil they are. they aren't waging war, they're conducting full-blown genocide. hell, even Yoda, the great warrior, is nearly killed.

Darth Vader rising from the slab. yeah yeah, the "NNNNOOOOOOOOO" is silly, but I absolutely love that scene. you can feel the pain in his voice. the only other time he sounded that emotional was when he was about to die. Darth Vader, this unshakable, mechanical wall of a person, the cold, emotionless, embodiment of evil is shaken to his core. and then we see him on the bridge of his Star Destroyer. not a word. he's lost. gone.

there's plenty of bad things about the prequels, but there IS good in them, I know it.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
Zoraste said:
I agree with more or less all of these statement, but I have to agree that Vader's Big No at the end of Episode 3 paled in comparison to the Novelisation's ending, wherein he attempts to kill Palpatine in his rage and grief, but is no longer powerful enough to do so, forcing him to submit to being Palpatine's apprentice, since he has nobody else left in the Galaxy and he is too vain to just die.

Now THAT is an ending.
I was thinking about all the changes, the ones that I liked (updated Emperor in Empire, Boba Fett's voice, etc.), the ones that I wish to cast into the Pit of Carkoon (Vader's "NNNOOOOOO" in Return of the Jedi, random CGI characters in Jabba's Palace, etc.), and I got to thinking, what positive changes could be made?
one of which was re-shooting the birth of Darth Vader, and my vision is actually startlingly similar to that.
basically like this:
"Lord Vader... rise..."
*Imperial March plays, Darth Vader is raised on the slab*
"Lord Vader... can you hear me?"
"...yes master..."
"good... you have done well, my apprentice... the Sepratists have been slain... you have brought justice to the galaxy..."
"but what of Padme'? is she safe? is she alright?"
"...I'm afraid that... in your anger...you killed her."
*Imperial March reaches a crescendo as these words are spoken*
"no... no... THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE... SHE WAS ALIVE, I FELT IT..."
"search your feelings..."
*Vader's breath quickens, he shudders as the realization cuts through him like a lightsaber*
"..."
*the Imperial March slowly builds again, Vader begins destroying the medical equipment while still bound to the slab. the nearby doctors begin clutching at their throats as the life is squeezed out of them*
"..."
*Imperial March continues to grow, Vader breaks free from the slab, pauses for a moment, then sinks slowly to his knees, his head hung in unimaginable sorrow. his breathing slows down to normal*
"...Lord Vader."
"...yes... master..."
"come... there is much work to be done."
"yes, my master."
*CUT*

it does kinda annoy me when the entire climax of RotS was just things getting worse and worse and worse. the Jedi are exterminated, Yoda is almost killed, Anakin gives in to the Dark Side, Padme' dies, and then, in the middle of all this sorrow, all this destruction, "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I actually kindof enjoyed the Star Wars prequels. They were no masterpieces, but I liked them.

Although I will say that
BanthaFodder said:
Awesome Scene
would have been much better than

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
I liked the prequels. Granted, I won't say they were good, but they were still enjoyable. What I liked are as follows:

1) John Williams' soundtrack
2) Casting decisions (Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ian McDiarmid, Christopher Lee, etc.)
3) Artistic design regarding planets, species, technology, etc.
4) The overall plot, not counting plotholes
5) Lightsaber choreography

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
keideki said:
Neither Han Solo nor the Falcon were in the prequels. The music was good. The light saber fights were... fast paced? That is the best I can come up with.
Hate to say it but the Falcon's in Episode III.

Charvale

May 17, 2008
I loved seeing the Jedi Council.

For the first time, ever since the scene in "Empire Strikes Back" where Yoda mentioned having his own council that determined who was to be trained, we were privileged to see just who was apart of that council. Oh, and Samuel L. Jackson as a Jedi was positively awesome, just like with Liam Neeson as Qui Gon Jinn. Two of my favorite actors in one movie, what's not to love? I also have to love the fact that they finally managed to show The Clone Wars in the beginning, and how it ended with them becoming the first Galactic Empire.

The deaths of the Jedi in Episode 3 actually gave more weight to the original Trilogy simply because there were dozens if not hundreds of Jedi from children to adults, and in "A New Hope" they were all but extinct. Just... Wow!

Agente L

Apr 4, 2010
They were great movies. They just didn't lived up the hype that was the original trilogy, which were some of the best movies ever made.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but the fanboys who blindly criticize the prequels for not being what they want is mind-boggling

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
I like Revenge of the Sith. It's the one bit of the prequels that I think the good outweighs the bad. And there are some really bad moments in that film BUT I can get over them because the rest of the film is pretty damn good.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
floppylobster said:
keideki said:
Neither Han Solo nor the Falcon were in the prequels. The music was good. The light saber fights were... fast paced? That is the best I can come up with.
Really?! I missed that one xD

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
The action was pretty sweet and it had a pretty good cast of actors, although in my opinion it was mostly wasted talent. Oh and seeing little yoda hack at enemies was pricless.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
floppylobster said:
keideki said:
Ehhhhh. I've never seen it there. Where in the movie? Can you tell me what minute or so?

Okay, are you talking about this?

Cause I can't tell if that is actually THE Falcon or just another YT-1300, which was a very popular freighter design.

Okay, Wookieepedia confirms it was supposed to the the THE Falcon, although its link to the site that claims Lucas said so himself is dead.

Either way I think it hardly counts.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
theskadudeguy said:
Lionsfan said:
Ewan McGregor was a great choice for a Jedi, and some of the visuals were really cool
Am I the only one who didn't like this casting choice?
What didn't you like about it? Just curious

Apr 2, 2009
General Grievous was interesting, they spawned some good games, the Order 66 montage, the CGI was nice, it kind of looks like Palpatine laughed at the sheer ridiculousness of Vader's rage fest, Count Dooku was great, Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson were good ideas, Mace Windu, Jar Jar was mostly quiet for 2 of the movies, and...um...we see Tarkin for about 18 seconds (I may be a bit off, timed it on youtube).

Alright, I'm done now.

Berlioz

Aug 2, 2010
I liked all six movies. They all had stuff I found good and bad. So there.

I never understood all the fuss about the prequels and the original trilogy and all that jazz. It's Star Wars. It's Lucas' creation, and that's it. You either like it or you don't.

Tastes vary.

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
I almost hate Jar Jar Binks less than the sum of every annoying character ever put into a movie. Almost.

Also, Liam Neeson.