Scariest enemy's you have ever faced in a game?

Jack Of Herts

Oct 19, 2009
The bloody marrionettes from Devil May Cry...

You would leave a room into a long corridor in the middle of a deserted castle (yeah, one of those deserted castles, with banshee-grim-reaper-garderners and everything), and you would just here this light creeking noise, shortly followed by a clank of wood...the bloody puppets are coming...

And the way they moved just creeped me out. They never really walked or ran at you, they just kinda slumped forward, then straightened, all the while making that awful clanking noise...

...That sound haunted me for weeks...

Although, I was seven at the time, so maybe they weren't actually that creepy. Either way, when it comes to giant, murderous puppets you'll find me on the other side of the room, cradling a shotgun and trying to enter devil-trigger.

Mike-E

Jun 3, 2009
TheMurray said:
The wind from Ecco The Dolphin Anyone?
If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, when you jump in the sky and everything is sucked from the sea, then definately this. Although technically not an enemy per se...
{You later find out that whatever sucked everything up was actually a bunch of aliens harvesting sea life for food}
I was playing it thinking it was a Dolphin Olympics kind of affair, and was shocked at what my carefree attiude had led to.

Pretty much anything from The Suffering belongs here too.

DarkGargoyle

Nov 18, 2009
The fauna of "Peter Jackson's King Kong: the official game of the movie" (which is a helluva name) especially when you're reduced to using sharpened bones to conserve ammunition.

mr.aravaro

Oct 9, 2009
PauL o_O said:
The first time I encoutered the fast zombies from HL2 I nearly shit my pants.
Ive never understood why people say that those things are scary. I've always thought that the stalkers were much scarier.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
"Arachnotron: Maybe cybernetics wasn't such a great idea after all. Look what the demons have done with it. It seems unfair somehow you're not the only guy in Hell with a plasma gun."

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Quadruplicate thread, but what the hey. As an adult it would have to be the bloodsucker from Stalker. First time, seen it pacing around in the Wild Territory; it didn't see me but my heart skipped a beat as I watched it slowly cross my path. Another time, investigating a building just outside the bandit HQ in Dark Valley, a blip on my radar indicated a dead body so I figured I should go loot it. Walls covered in blood. Reach the body, kneel down to grab the stuff, then "rarrrrrr" behind me, spin round, oh Jeezus, fumble with rifle, that cunning bloodsucker lured me into a trap, managed to down it before it ripped too many chunks out of me. It's never happened since, and I've played through that bit several times.

But I also remember that the zombies in Catacomb Abyss really scared the unliving shit out of me as a kid:

I never got past the graveyard level because I shit myself too much playing it.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
The necromorphs from dead space, by far.

The flood from halo would be scarier if the game had you play as a squishy human, rather than Chuck Norris in space armor.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
The fast zombies in half life probably.
When i was really young though, Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie. i couldn't even watch my dad play it, i was so scared. Thank god i can play that Awesome game now.

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
Undead mental patient from Thief 3. I could not pass that part, because i was too scared, and that game is rated T.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Save us.A7X said:
The Regenerators from Resi 4, that noise they make, OH GOD that noise..
i once heard that exist same sound from a dog gargling.
i was TERRIFIED!

oOPandemoniumOo

May 28, 2010
When I was a kid any enemy would scare me.

But now it's just any kind of water creature. For instance the Giant Octos from Wind Waker, Snapper from Banjo & Kazooie (the first one)...

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Lust demons from Dante's Inferno are pretty freaky. I know there's some other enemy, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Neurowaste

Apr 4, 2008
Those infected humans from the Penumbra serious just cause you couldn't fight them so you had to run away like a pussy and hide from their pained screams and flashlights.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Mike-E said:
Pretty much anything from The Suffering belongs here too.
God darn it, ninja'd.

Most scary part is that all of those enemies were former prisoners killed in the prison in special ways (like the burrowers, they had been buried alive and so on).

My dreams were haunted for months...

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
The fast zombies from Half-life.
Tanks from L4D. Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!!
Yeah, I just think "Aaaaw, fuck!" when I see that big grey thing running towards me, throwing cars and concrete blocks at me.

Also the Fast Zombie but I think that the Poison Zombies are waaay more scary than the fast ones. Have you heard the sound they make? Creeps me out every time.
<youtube=GcRcCm1BnWU>