Scariest Game Level Ever?

McGee

Mar 31, 2009
Every single level in Condemned: Criminal Origins, and the Shalebridge Cradle in Thief: Deadly Shadows. Nothing else even compares.

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
rossyboy10 said:
I think its 'We dont go to Ravenholm' in Half life 2.
Yeah, that was a little jumpy; scarier than the rest of the game, but a saturday morning cartoon compared to System Shock 2 or Silent Hill 2. Those were really genuinely scary games, because they knew that there was a whole untouched aspect of fear; psychology. You got the feeling that something is going to jump out at you, adn then there wasn't. When you finally loosen up, the shit hits the fan.

Oh, and the Cow Level is also there.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
I agree with everyone who said the cradle from Thief 3. Every other level in that game I took my time, exploring the whole level, making sure to get as much loot as possible. In the cradle, I just wanted to get the minimum level of loot I needed to pass the objective so I could get the fuck out of there. I did not enjoy being in that place.

Feb 25, 2009
There's an area in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl where you have to enter an abandoned laboratory. There aren't any dead bodies on the floor or blood on the walls or anything stupid like that, and there are very few enemies going in.
But there is so much put into the atmosphere of this area that you don't even want to keep going in, you just want to get the hell out of there. One of my friends even stopped playing the game because he didn't want to have to go in there.

LANCE420

Dec 23, 2008
I've played a lot of scary games, like FEAR, Condemned, RE, and the Ravenholm level.
The only time I was scared was Delta Labs 1 in DOOM 3.

Actual Charlie Nash

Jul 9, 2008
i know this is not as scary as some of the things said but here goes -spoilers maybe-
in brother in arms when you save the child then you see him die then his face keeps popping up the next level scared the hell out of me

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
the school in silent hill, mostly because it was about 11pm and suddenly you go into hell world and are too scared to go to the bathroom

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Cragscleft Prison, the second level of the first Thief game. Most of the level takes place in a pitch-dark abandoned mine, and you can hear the unsettling groans of the near-invincible zombies long before you can see them...but when you finally catch a glimpse, they're six inches from your face. Shiver.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
The mall level in Condemned: Criminal Origins.
The mannequins, they're following you... *shudder*

Apr 17, 2009
The lab in Resident Evil 4 for its creepy industrial atmosphere, a tough new brand of enemy (there's something sinister about the way they move and that sound they make), and a lot of narrow hallways and small rooms (the less room I have to maneuver, the more nervous I get.)

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
brewbeard said:
I'd have to go with the first couple levels of Alien vs. Predator 2 from the marine campaign. There is *nothing* to fight that entire time, but what you hear and *don't* see is what gets to you.
Pretty much this, even knowing that there is nothing to fight doesn't stop it being terrifying. Doom 3 could have learnt so much from that game....

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
rossyboy10 said:
Internet Kraken said:
Use the search bar.

Also I don't get why so many people say Ravenholm was scary. Yeah it a little creepy, but not scary.
Im new be nice to me.
No
Don't mind him. He'll tell you to use the search button if the same topic showed up in october last year. jk

Condemned, the first one at least. Had a lot of scary parts. The school or the ending. Yeah... scary shit.

FEAR 1 and with it's expansion packs are also quite scary.

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Act 1 - Santa Monica
Area: Haunted Hotel.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
any feral ghoul area in fallout 3, and every level in painkiller i've played so far

Lucifer_Airlines

Dec 8, 2008
marsvin said:
I must really be getting old, can't believe no one has mentioned System Shock yet. :D Easily the scariest game of its day, although Thief with it's ultra creepy sounding zombies came pretty close.

Scariest level has to be the hydroponics lab where you first meet the 'midwife' cyborgs but even the vanilla 'grunts' are scary at first. "Your flesh will welcome us..."
Damn, I felt exactly the same when I first went through that part... Especially when you see the ghost of the chick as she gets turned into a cyborg... Still gives me nightmares...