Scariest monsters/creatures in video games.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
The Tuurngait Infected from Penumbra.
I don't think i can post their pictures here, cause i think they have penises. At least i think those are penises. Are those penises? DOES ANYONE KNOW?

Those things were so creepy.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
stormeris said:
The Tuurngait Infected from Penumbra.
I don't think i can post their pictures here, cause i think they have penises. At least i think those are penises. Are those penises? DOES ANYONE KNOW?

Those things were so creepy.
They were supposed to be umbilical cords or some bizarre thing, but they've always looked like dicks to me.

And it really is terrifying having a strange disfigured zombie sprinting after you through dark corridors with its dick waving about after you. Truly the stuff of nightmares.

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
Strelok said:
One would have to be a cut mutant from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, the Tark:

Almost glad they kept that thing out of the game.

Next would be another S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mutant the Blood Sucker, so many times these things scared the Hell out of me.

The Rodent was none too pleasant either, once saw a swarm of them take out an entire S.T.A.L.K.E.R. camp.

The howlers in Clive Barkers: Undying were also very insomnia inducing.
Their call was very unsettling.
I remember when I first played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I was going through a tunnel & one of those Bloodsuckers (I think) jumped out & started screaming at me....I instantly turned it off & uninstalled it, I said "Nope this game isn't for me." I did the same thing with the demo for FEAR when Alma starts messing with you. I get to immersed to play horror games.

Piggy from Manhunt is pretty high on the list of creepiest enemies IMO.

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
The SS2 Midwives are indeed unsettling as hell.
Some of the mutants in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games become even freakier thanks to mods that change their skin texture and sounds. A regular 'flesh' just mutated pig, no problem right ... now imagine it running behind you in the dark of night, suddenly a heavily distorted voice goes "Pomogi brat", you turn around to find a creature covered in radiation burns and soars and what looks like moss growing out of its body.

Regarding 173, there is a fuckton creepier things out there.

Callie

Aug 22, 2012
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone say this guy yet. Single most frightening video game character.

TheCrapMaster

Aug 31, 2009
Facehuggers in the AvP series!!! They are the sole reason i havent completed the marine story line in both AvP1 & AvP2. Seeing as predetor they are easy to detect but stil scary, with marines you just get a "beep" on your radar. So each time i see a facehugger egg-field when playing those games i quit the game when all explosive weapons are depleted, and i still se something on the radar.

They are small, move fast as hell and make that nasty scuttling sound when they are close, they kill you instantly, and worse of all, your entire screen get blocked by their disgusting figure when they get you!

And when you think of what they do (strangle you so you chip for air and then push down a disgusting tentecle down your throat and lay an egg in you).

So me being a nancy pantsy when it comes to jump scares they are my worst enemie of all time. Wich my friends found hilarious when we played AvP2 multiplayer with alien life-cycle -.-.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
My vote has to go to the shadows from Persona 4. There designs are pretty terrifying, especially Kanji Tatsumi's

But what really hits you is the fact that they know every little lie you maintain to the world and tear into you for it. There is nothing more frightening than one you can't talk back to because it will always see through you and your courage.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009

You were in control, you monster.
Come at me brah.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
They say he's been around for as long as video games themselves, that looking at him is like being hit with a pipe, that he takes magic mushrooms to kill his enemies in a frenzied high...

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011

This guy really, really creeped me out when I was little. Sound effects weren't helping.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Callie said:
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone say this guy yet. Single most frightening video game character.

I forgot about those, truly the stuff of nightmares. Gets my vote.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
stroopwafel said:
The sharks in Far Cry 3. Or rather the ocean in Far Cry 3. Something about being in clear blue water surrounded by sharks that could grab you at any moment. Don't think I ever felt as tense in a game. :p
Doesn't help if you have some fear of deep water to begin with.

"Jump into this murky water and enter the underwater cave for my mushrooms, why yes this is main quest!"

"Kill sharks with supplied weapon. Just for shits and giggles it is a normal ass bow. Trololo!"

Not to mention the stealthy croc's hiding in shallow water.

Gergar12_v1legacy

Aug 17, 2012
It's not the creature that scares you......it's the music. Just think music slowly putting up, then nothing, but all of a sudden boom monster comes from no where. Their is a reason I mute horror games allot.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009

Nowadays I would say things like Pyramid Head and the Amnesia monster, like everyone else, but this guy was probably my first real terrifying video game encounter.

Even now, almost 10 years older, the way he says "DIIIIIIEEEEE" still sounds terrifying to me. I've remembered the exact way he says it since the first time I played it.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Ytomyth said:

This guy really, really creeped me out when I was little. Sound effects weren't helping.
This. This is what immediately came to mind. No single encounter has been as terrifying as this for me.

Sure, Silent Hill 2 as a whole is the most terrifying game I've ever played, but Pyramid Head himself wasn't the worst thing about it (that honour goes to the underground prison area). Dead Hand (above) takes the prize for scariest creature/ encounter, with Nemesis in second.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
Those fucking hands in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. In the Forest Temple. God, those things freaked me out. I remember going through that inverted hallway the first time, and entering that weird room. I took a moment to look around, because the room was really strange, then I remember noticing the shadow below me getting bigger all of a sudden, I had just enough time to say "why is that shadow getting bi-" before that fucking hand dropped down, snatched Link up, and carried him back up.

I couldn't play the game for a few days after that. I didn't want to go into that room again. I was literally scared out of my mind because of those things.

Lygus

Apr 7, 2013
Most of STALKER mutants. For some reason, I find them very "natural" and fitting the game's environment, theme and atmosphere much better than in any other video game.

They're unscripted, have special abilities, and sometimes show some good flexible AI. What's not to love?

PS: Oh, that first Bloodsucker and Controller encounter in Agroprom undergrounds. First time I was happy to fight human opponents on surface after getting out of that hellhole.

InfernalGrape

Jun 3, 2012
Twin Victims from Silent Hill 4 (and their second form without clothes)

Slurpers from Silent Hill 3

Man-Centipedes from Demon's Souls

Sceleton Beast from Dark Souls

Prowling Demon from Dark Souls

Mass of Souls from Dark Souls

different species of Shibito from Forbidden Siren series