School being a waste of time

Vallds

Nov 18, 2009
Simply; Get good grades & record.

I could go into why your viewpoint and tone is wrong by my standing, but if you wish a simple response, and considering anything else would belittle your question, stay for better chances in life after education.

Vinnyz95

Jun 4, 2009
School can be enjoyable if you just have that mindset. Get yourself involved with things and find people you can really connect with. They really do help to make school more bearable. I agree that a lot of what you learn at school doesn't really help you later on in life, but what it does is serve to establish a wider base knowledge for you to draw upon no matter what career path you choose. I used to think like you did, that everyone was so inferior to me in so many ways, and in some ways I still think that way, but school can be great fun if you make it. Take subjects you enjoy, get involved with things you're interested in, and connect with people.

Avelestar

Apr 17, 2010
Hang on guys, someone needs to try and appeal to the arrogant side.

You think you're better than everyone else? Well prove it by getting an awesome job and kicking ass at real life. But seriously dude, its high school...don't expect anything too challenging till uni.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
You should probably try asking for harder assignments. Or perhaps getting moved to a higher class.

Being socially incompetent isn't really a complete career-killer. I know a few people who have no trouble getting jobs despite being friggin' horrible to work with.

If you feel that you're always going to be ahead of your education, and won't function as an employee, you try starting up some manner of business of your own on the side. If you truly are so very gifted, you should not have too much trouble achieving some success.

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
Hawgh said:
You should probably try asking for harder assignments. Or perhaps getting moved to a higher class.

Being socially incompetent isn't really a complete career-killer. I know a few people who have no trouble getting jobs despite being friggin' horrible to work with.

If you feel that you're always going to be ahead of your education, and won't function as an employee, you try starting up some manner of business of your own on the side. If you truly are so very gifted, you should not have too much trouble achieving some success.
I am by no means socially incompetent, I simply choose not to be sociable because I detest the people at my school.

mekose

Apr 16, 2009
Well, considering your paragraph is brimming with run on sentences I would say you should stay and learn some more. Oh and by the way, it's "more smart" not "smarter". The world REQUIRES you to be sociable, no matter how much you hate it. You're going to be put through a wood-chipper called life later down the road. That attitude is only going to make your life more miserable.

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
Zeeky_Santos said:
Tixek said:
Seriously, I'm way smarter than any of these losers at my school and all the work does is just piss me off because it tends to be tedious or involves me being sociable, the teachers need to learn when to shut up and leave me alone, It's only my second year and I'm already feeling like ditching this hole.
How about any of you guys? Any of you think your school is just a huge waste of time too?
Enjoy a life of misery as you end up homeless because no one wants to accept a high school dropout. And if you really are smarter than these people as you say, then you can endure it and stick straight A's in their faces.
There's a difference between feeling like dropping out and actually doing it. I highly suggest you learn that kind sir.

the rabidrabit

Aug 25, 2008
Tixek said:
You guys don't actually read anything but my first post do you?
There's more to my character than acting like I'm better than everyone else and hating school.
I'm like any other person out there. I have my flaws and imperfections, I am by no means better than everyone else. I'm actually a pretty nice guy once you get to know me, I'm just pretty distant at first because of the pain I've been inflicted upon in past years of living.
OK, no see this is why there is hostility on this thread. Nobody like it when people whine and whining on the internet just makes it worse.
Anyway, when I was in high school a couple of friends and I were the smartest people there. We did really well without having to study and it bored us to tears but we still had fun and made friends and what not. THen we finished and went to varsity.

HOT DAMN!
Because I never learned to work my first year at varsity was the hardest thing I have ever done, especially because I thought I was smart when, relative to the people in my course, I really wasn't. So stick with school, its on a few more years then you can do whatever the hell you want.

But just remeber that the real world, the one that comes after school, sucks more than you can imagine so enjoy the easy life while it lasts.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Tixek said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Sure fucking thing it is. After all, learning isn't compulsory. Neither is survival.

And beginning with 'seriously, I'm way smarter than any of these losers at my school' means you're probably an arrogant fucker who deserves to be a social reject because he is fucking intolerable.
Look in the fucking mirror. That tomato is you.
I am a social reject, captain obvious.
No shit. But I'm pretty sure you don't want to be one, now do ya? Brooding in the corner, none of the other kids giving a shit about you? Well, it probably is your fault. Stop being a miserable fuckwad.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
*sniff sniff*

Jesus I can smell the pretentiousness in this thread! It's an odd odour... hard to place indeed but no doubt pretentiousness!

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Tixek said:
Hawgh said:

I am by no means socially incompetent, I simply choose not to be sociable because I detest the people at my school.
There will always be people who will piss you off in life, school or no. If you cannot learn to cope with them, then you ARE socially incompetent.

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
The_ModeRazor said:
Tixek said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Sure fucking thing it is. After all, learning isn't compulsory. Neither is survival.

And beginning with 'seriously, I'm way smarter than any of these losers at my school' means you're probably an arrogant fucker who deserves to be a social reject because he is fucking intolerable.
Look in the fucking mirror. That tomato is you.
I am a social reject, captain obvious.
No shit. But I'm pretty sure you don't want to be one, now do ya? Brooding in the corner, none of the other kids giving a shit about you? Well, it probably is your fault. Stop being a miserable fuckwad.
Compared to you I'm a saint.

Ask

Feb 27, 2010
It definitely wasn't a waste of time. I finished college early because of all the skills I attained in high school and that was a godsend for my wallet.

You're getting free education. Take it for all its worth. If stuff is easy and you know it all, then you'll glide right through high school, get your diploma and be out in the world reaping the benefits. I started saving for my college education when I was younger than you are and I can tell you how much it sucks to have to pay your own way through an education so, enjoy the one you're getting even if the social situation's aren't to your liking. Yeah, high school sucks but that's just cest la vie you're not the only one disliking their situation.

And if you want to ditch high school by all means quit the school system, but I can't see a benefit in forsaking one flawed system for another. Every system be it work or school has flaws and regulations you won't agree with. That's really just how life works. If you quit every job you felt had flaws or was too sociable you'd never have a job or stable living. That and well, lets face it the economy still sucks, and its even worse for high school drop outs so your best bet, is just to stick it out until you get that validating piece of paper that says 'yay you did it, NOW go get a job'. It's just easier to have that piece of paper.

lokust2001

Mar 4, 2008
Tixek said:
You guys don't actually read anything but my first post do you?
There's more to my character than acting like I'm better than everyone else and hating school.
I'm like any other person out there. I have my flaws and imperfections, I am by no means better than everyone else. I'm actually a pretty nice guy once you get to know me, I'm just pretty distant at first because of the pain I've been inflicted upon in past years of living.

wahhh bloody wahhhh,
get over it.
If it's a facade and you reckon you're not really like this then get a grip and stop being a conceited arrogant baby.
If school isn't challenging then so what? Concentrate on the making friends part, ace tests with little effort (I assume you get 90% plus in everything), and find your own educational challenges outside of school.

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
Ask said:
It definitely wasn't a waste of time. I finished college early because of all the skills I attained in high school and that was a godsend for my wallet.

You're getting free education. Take it for all its worth. If stuff is easy and you know it all, then you'll glide right through high school, get your diploma and be out in the world reaping the benefits. I started saving for my college education when I was younger than you are and I can tell you how much it sucks to have to pay your own way through an education so, enjoy the one you're getting even if the social situation's aren't to your liking. Yeah, high school sucks but that's just cest la vie you're not the only one disliking their situation.

And if you want to ditch high school by all means quit the school system, but I can't see a benefit in forsaking one flawed system for another. Every system be it work or school has flaws and regulations you won't agree with. That's really just how life works. If you quit every job you felt had flaws or was too sociable you'd never have a job or stable living. That and well, lets face it the economy still sucks, and its even worse for high school drop outs so your best bet, is just to stick it out until you get that validating piece of paper that says 'yay you did it, NOW go get a job'. It's just easier to have that piece of paper.
Thank you for restating the obvious like the many other people before you.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
School sucks, people are assholes, and teachers don't give a damn about students sometimes. You just gotta go through school not talking to anyone. Only your friends, and if your teachers ask a question.

I got through school like that perfectly fine. People told me I'd never develop social skills because of that, but I had band class and drama club, so I learned through that, and have made friends that way.
Just ignore people that are dicks, it's a lot easier.
And doing a thread like this on the internet, is just not right. Stop being arrogant and just suck it up. Most of the people in school you will never deal with again, so next time you deal with these "losers" think of that.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Tixek said:
News flash: I don't actually care about what you people say, as far as I'm concerned you are simply a random nobody from the internet. Shocker ain't it?
Huh, so what's the point of this thread?

Tixek

Aug 19, 2010
Exterminas said:
Tixek said:
News flash: I don't actually care about what you people say, as far as I'm concerned you are simply a random nobody from the internet. Shocker ain't it?
Huh, so what's the point of this thread?
To see whether people "get it" or not. It's mostly not. I'm quite glad you brought up this excellent point. Congrats.