School hair lenght rules do you think think its bull?

Victim 19

Feb 20, 2009
hello peoples i just want to know what you think about school hair rules. I personaly think its a load of crap.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
School hair rules?

What schools have them, and where?

Sorry to be rude, but could you be a bit more explanatory of your thread?

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Good for you for not liking rules that other people might not have even heard of.

Jul 9, 2008
Bit more info please. I assume you mean a rule that limits the length of your hair. My question is if the allowed length is different depending on gender?

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
What Lord Krunk said.

Not everyone here lives in Australia and not everyone goes to school.

Waflmao

Jul 15, 2008
Our schools, Off the collar and out of the eyes.
pretty much the most generic haircut with male students walking around with short back and sides

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
My old high school suspended a kid for having hair like Gareth Gates...I shit you not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4540000/newsid_4542000/4542077.stm

(Question 6 couldn't find a proper link >.<)

Victim 19

Feb 20, 2009
sry i just stuff up sentences when i'm angry at my school... ok well my school has recently decided to enforce rules about hair lengths and that boys must either tie there hair up or cut it short if it touches their shoulders or else the get detentions and if they continue to keep it long eventually expulsion. hope that sums it up

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Victim 19 said:
sry i just stuff up sentences when i'm angry at my school... ok well my school has recently decided to enforce rules about hair lengths and that boys must either tie there hair up or cut it short if it touches their shoulders or else the get detentions and if they continue to keep it long eventually expulsion. hope that sums it up
That's okay.

Just a question though; do you know the reason why your school has enforced this rule?

Feb 18, 2009
Nooo, don´t touch my shiny, golden mane!

Well anyway, would like to hear more. I´m aware of some of the weird school regulations, but never heard of a rule concerning hair length (except in the army).

EDIT: That was quick.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I go to a Catholic school, so our rules are something approaching bald for the guys, and "Nerdy but cute" ponytails for the girls, but they're ignored so yay. Oh and my personal opinion is they are retarded wastes of time designed by people with an amazing amount of nothing to do.

Keisuke Zero

Mar 8, 2009
well I remember having a rule about keep it "neat"...but that was pretty much it...
never heard of anyone actually getting in trouble about their hair though....

I believe its purpose was to keep up a nice school image or something or other....

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
Victim 19 said:
So? Tie it up while your at school, let it down when you go home. Ta da.

I'm more annoyed about the pants rules my school enforces.. Grrr.

Ryuzix

Jan 21, 2009
Well thats PERTY DAYUM STOOPID.
My hair goes down to my shoulder and my fringe goes over my chin, Its been a year and nothings happened so I guess our school doesn't give a flying fork.
What part of Australia are you from?
Armitage Shanks said:
Care to explain?

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Victim 19 said:
1) That's stupid
2) You might want to edit your first post with that info
3) Either you are on a military-school or it's really really stupid

Armitage Shanks said:
Please explain, that sounds like fun ^^

Victim 19

Feb 20, 2009
nothing that wont get me put in jail.
MaxTheReaper said:
Uh...okay...I think they're rather pointless...not unlike this thread, perhaps, until it gets some more information in the opening post.

EDIT:
Victim 19 said:
Okay, that's stupid, admittedly, but is there anything you can do about it besides not listen?