School hair lenght rules do you think think its bull?

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
We didn't have any particular rules in high school about hair length/color/shape (just had to be "decent" as in not provocative) but I was kicked out of class a few times because my hair was too long/too short :D

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
My high school had no dress code (I'm serious it when I say that all it said was: "wear what you feel comfortable in" and when I asked about it they said: "Try to wear shoes, most of the time") so I always find it baffling to see that there are actual issues people have with dress codes. It seems to me that you should be able to wear whatever you feel expresses yourself and that you feel comfortable in. Even if you're a nudist.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
I wore a mohawk for a little bit at school (got rid of it cause it itched like a bastard) and the long hair requisite for it for about 3 years, so my school has no problem with hair dos (it's also a Magnet Art School)

Ongaru

Dec 24, 2008
Luckily there's no rules on hair length, colour or style at my school, the vast majority of teachers think mine and a few other's hair length is wrong on guys but they keep it to themselves providing that we tie it back when needed.

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
Victim 19 said:
sry i just stuff up sentences when i'm angry at my school... ok well my school has recently decided to enforce rules about hair lengths and that boys must either tie there hair up or cut it short if it touches their shoulders or else the get detentions and if they continue to keep it long eventually expulsion. hope that sums it up
You should throw a huge mother fucking tantrum and call it sexism.

ThePlasmatizer

Sep 2, 2008
I say just get a haircut.

If you really have that much of a problem with having your hair short you don't have much chance of being hired later on when you go to find a job.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Hair length is a bit pushy for my liking, unless it's a private/business school, where they want you to look and act the part to help you succeed. Only thing my school pulled up on was a (I joke you not) 8" Mohawk, looked awesome, but school forced him to cut his hair.

They also pulled me up when I died it purple, but I got them back by saying my friend (a girl) had died her hair and no-one said anything to her, sexual inequality legal action threat later they let me keep my hair purple.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I agree with school hair rules as long as they are gender neutral. I also think all children should be in uniforms and beatings should be reinstated, starting first in elementary and middle school and working their way back into highschool.

These self entitled little brats are too busy fingering eachother in study hall and "self-expressing themselves liek totally man" with retarded outfits and hair to learn math and civics.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Why do a lot of people here, seem to have this idea that anyone with long hair is messy? I wear my long hair tied back and well groomed. I take more pride in my appearance than a lot of people with short back and sides.

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
Well, I think that should be made to a law or something. Every guy who has a long hair should be sent to re-education camps. Except Bill Kaulitz. Bill is different. Long hair actually looks good on him.

Teachingaddict

Nov 8, 2008
I absolutely love hair rules - im sick to detah of seeing youg boys coming to school with a bloody thuggish look and girls that look like fucking oranges with pink hair.

MelziGurl

Jan 16, 2009
I didn't mind the restrictions on outrageous colours, mind you they are the only restrictions I remember my school ever having. You could have your hair any length you wanted as long as it was tidy and you dye your hair any colour that was natural.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
That is ridiculous. It's your hair. Does it offend anyone if I have long hair or if I have blue/red/green/whatever hair?

Aug 13, 2008
i once made a petition of well over a hundred signatures from my school for their removal and had a long drawn out argument with the head where he refused to any meetings because my hair was too long

- but that was before i realised that:
1. long hair doesnt suit me
2. if i can be assed, i can get away with close to anything anyway so rules barely matter and are more of guidelines

Feb 18, 2009
Simriel said:
Why do a lot of people here, seem to have this idea that anyone with long hair is messy? I wear my long hair tied back and well groomed. I take more pride in my appearance than a lot of people with short back and sides.
I´m completely with you on this. High five!

I simply like my hair long and tied, that´s all there is. What others think about hair styles doesn´t really concern me, and why should it. Don´t get me wrong, though. I am concerned about my appearance to a point, but I don´t take it too seriously. I like to think that my appearance gives people a heads up; let them know what kind of person they are dealing with.

ChaoticLegion

Mar 19, 2009
Absolutely stupid rule, schools are meant to enforce the idea of diversity and being yourself.... not categorise you. Uniforms are one thing, forcing you to adopt a certain hairstyle is too far.

MelziGurl

Jan 16, 2009
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
Simriel said:
I´m completely with you on this. High five!

I simply like my hair long and tied, that´s all there is. What others think about hair styles doesn´t really concern me, and why should it. Don´t get me wrong, though. I am concerned about my appearance to a point, but I don´t take it too seriously. I like to think that my appearance gives people a heads up; let them know what kind of person they are dealing with.
Unfortunately for alot of people at school, their hair never really proved much. I'm a natural red head, so I'm a natural force to be reckoned with, regardless of how you look. It took a while for some of my friends to realise, that beneath the quiet exterior was something entirely different to what they had seen before.

BloodyOne

Mar 23, 2009
Extremely long hair (like down to your arse long) can pose a physical hazard, as it may get caught in machinery, or more commonly have stuff stuck in it by other students. If it is a matter of pride (such as a tradition) then it can be explained to school faculty. My school has a strict dress code, but the majority of students loosely abide by it. Like wearing tanktops underneath a white polo.