School shooting at Texas Elementary school, several children reported dead

Nov 9, 2015
I think the city planning in America makes people unhappy.
I too have watched Not Just Bikes.

But really the US school shooter problem started because of the media sensationalism over Columbine. You can tell because it went from a freak event to a regular occurrence and these people worship Klebold and Harris as heroes. Rather than off yourself normally, you might as well do something that people will remember for the next 10-100 years.

These people don't randomly pick up a gun one day and start blasting. They plan meticulously for the camera. It becomes an all consuming hobby, the last semblance of meaning in a meaningless existence, culminating in a magnum opus of an ending. And as they find entertainment writing the script, we are entertained by watching the play unfold and then getting the behind the scenes. No matter how terrible it is you and I love this stuff because it's novel. We would rather feel any feeling other than boredom, as long as it doesn't personally affect us.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Unhappiness has everything to do with mass shootings.
No, entitlement.
The entitlement that thinks I have a right to share my misery with the world by making others miserable. Keep it to yourself and take responsibility for your own shit, change it or live with it but don't infect others with it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
No, entitlement.
The entitlement that thinks I have a right to share my misery with the world by making others miserable. Keep it to yourself and take responsibility for your own shit, change it or live with it but don't infect others with it.
Making life more bearable and enjoyable for people is a solution. I don't know how you propose to make people less entitled. Other than taking more away from them, which would make them more frustrated and unhappy. Edit: I'm not talking about guns.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I think you are underestimating Jones ability to make shit up

Edit: maybe I should say it this way. Why would you think reality be important to what Jones says?
Something Something Crisis Actors Something Something Freedom!

I'm so numb to this, sadly. 20 years of this shit and nothing has been done and theres no reason to think anything will ever be done. The people who want this to stop don't vote single issue like the people who think this is fine as long as nobody touches their damn guns so nothing happens and the fact like 50% of the country who fucking votee are dead set at doing anything about it because the gubmit or some such.

And this will just continue to happen because we refuse to do anything. All we can do is hope we or our loved ones aren't the in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I mean, obviously we need to arm teachers and expect them to start killing children and young adults at a moment's notice.

Fuck paying them more though.

Just fucking turn schools into literal prisons

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I mean, obviously we need to arm teachers and expect them to start killing children and young adults at a moment's notice.

Fuck paying them more though.

Just fucking turn schools into literal prisons

Literally the first and only solution in the GOP playbook: If there are shootings, add more guns. If this fails, there clearly weren't enough guns.

I was once an NRA member. I cut up my membership card and mailed it back to them with a "I quit" letter because I got fucking sick of this "Well, they should have been carrying" victim blaming.

Watching the NRA suffer because of their own rot was heartwarming.

Also, Canadian escapists, anything we can offer you to take Teddy Cruz back and not let him cross the border? I'm sure we can offer you a couple of the more Northernly states as compensation. How about Ohio? Ohio is.....is...there's an amusement park there. Eh? How about it?

I'm fairly certain I'm legally allowed to offer Ohio to Canada, based on my (very) limited understanding of international law and having once been employed by the US government.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
God bless the second amendment, right? If once, at least a little more frequently than mass shootings, we could hear a story about someone executing their second amendment rights in such a way that lives were saved, I'd be all for it. And before anyone posts "proof" that it's a thing that has happened, let me clarify that when it's the rule and not the exception, I'd be all for leaving it alone. As it stands, guns are rampant in this country to the extent that we can't go two days without a mass shooting, and by the way, where are the heroes preventing this kind of thing with their legally purchased and constitutionally protected firearms? This is just sad.

It can't be prevented because our dysfunctional society breeds dysfunction. It reminds me of why the movie Minority Report might've been made, and that's decades old already. People also need warnings to not drink battery fluid or to use hair dryers in the shower. Partly because "litigation nation" but that's another story. Having access to firearms of course only compounds the issue.

I think it should also be illegal for people to hoard shit every time the media makes a stink about a bad storm coming or trucker strikes. We are not bottomless, regardless of being a nation of reprehensible excess. People are a bigger thing to fear than any disaster and the most recent pandemic proved it. Despite how much we may still be able to "band together" in times of tragedy, we're pretty far past the "gun behind every blade of grass" days of the 2nd proving its worth if we were ever invaded by China or something anyways.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
But where was the good guy with a gun? :(
I was going to say that he wasn't allowed in because it was a "gun free zone" but then I remembered that it's Texas and every teacher was probably strapped.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Has it even been 10 years since the one in connecticut? At this point I'm just hopeless about this sort of thing. Unless you have schools operate in pocket dimensions these things will just keep happening.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
This is truly horrible. But the reason it keeps happening is roughly half the country want it to be the kind of country it happens in.
That might be too dismissive. If anything has been made crystal clear about America these past couple of years it's that the people who are in charge of this country don't really give a fuck what the majority of its inhabitants want.

Anyway, sucks to be America I guess. What else is there to say at this point? Your country is too stuck in its own corporatized hellscape to make any meaningful progress.

Reactions: MrCalavera