Science Officially Stomps All Hope of Dinosaur Cloning

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Froggy Slayer said:
Eh, we can still probably genetically engineer some dinosaurs, it just means that the JP method is unscientific nonsense. Which most scientists knew anyways.
Even JP dinosaurs used like frog or toad DNA. They weren't even true clones. Science will just have to use Alligator and Elephant DNA to create some hybrid dino-like creature. Plus there is always Time Travel. Clone Dinos in the past, then create them in the future. Part of my new Video Game: "George Washington: Dinosuar Hunter"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
lame, but not really. i remember hearing that awhile ago, the guy that confirmed it is still a bastard though

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Meh... as nice as it would be to see a real dinosaur, I guess you can't have everything...

I'd still like to see a real smilodon/woolly mammoth, though.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Fossil fuel comes primarily from ancient plankton, algae & peat.

The introduction of even a single species of cloned dino would screw ecology over, unless it was very small & lived on something plentiful like mice, crickets, grass, or maple leaves. Set a few loose in the wild & they start competing with other animals for food sources or become predators that wipe out a species that kept pests no other animal would eat in-check. Maybe they start eating cats & dogs. Maybe they starve to death because they'll only eat a type of plant that doesn't exist anymore.

Okay, I just created the script to a genre of horror movie that hasn't been done to death.

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
Well, here's hoping for time travel to get developed so we can go back and nab us a couple of our reptilian friends.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
People, these scientists held back by facts, ethics, and the laws of physics have crushed our dream for jetpacks, dinosaurs, and laser rifles for TO LONG! Gentlemen, we need to overthrow the old scientifical order, and put in place NEW scientists that will not stop at NOTHING to bring the dinosaurs back to life.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Hehe, they used Moa bones!

I remember going to a camping lodge during primary school that had a mini museum full of the things.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
Bhaalspawn said:
Public: Let's clone dinosaurs!
Scientist: Out you out of your batshit bonkers mind?!?!?!?! Did you not see Jurassic Park?
my thoughts exactly I don't know what is up with everyone else but I don't want to risk a T-Rex eating me or smashing my house to bits so I am glad its not possable

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Neronium said:
Ironically we were talking about this in Biology today along with Stem Cells since they can form any type of cell, well only some can. Basically you'd need the DNA of dinosaurs to be able to clone them and according to my professor DNA only lasts 600 years after you died. While it is sad we can't get ourselves some dinos on the bright side we can still revive Lincoln, Washington, and Teddy Roosevelt and have them battle against terrorism. XD

captcha: Cool Squirrel. What's with all the squirrel captchas I'm getting? Last one I got was Lincoln Squirrel.
No we can't, clones out of DNA is only GENETICALLY identical; it does not preserve memory, habits or even guarantee superficial similarity. A clone of Lincoln may only guarantee his racial features, he may look entirely different from the real Lincoln being fatter, taller, sound differently with different habits and perspective from the source material, IT WILL NOT HAVE ANY OF REAL LINCOLN'S MEMORY!!

Cloning humans is practically useless with the exception of harvesting organs which are morally unacceptable in our society therefore makes it close to totally useless.