Scorned Girlfriend Deletes WoW characters

Kindlebee92

May 15, 2008
at the risk of sounding like a dick (when really Im just curious), I see a lot of people crying fake with very little actual reasons or explanation as to how it was faked.

sure, the fact that the girl knew her way around the interface was suspicious, but if her boyfriend was really that much in to WoW, maybe he tried to get her in, showed her the basics, but it never stuck? just my 2 cents, and I am interested in hearing counter-arguments or more examples as to why this is fake :)

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I thought it was going to be lame. Then he goes to town on his monitor. What a god damn failure. He can get it reinstated and hes down a monitor now.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
I'm wondering why she went on the gnome deleted all the equipment then deleted that character, seems like a bit much work.

Kindlebee92

May 15, 2008
fanklok said:
I'm wondering why she went on the gnome deleted all the equipment then deleted that character, seems like a bit much work.
I think it was the symbolism - she knew that the short one was his favorite and knew that stuff on his character was also special to him, so she went a layer deeper than just deleting the character.

Also if the boyfriend had educated her at all on WoW she might have known about the restoration process and thought that might have hindered the process

but I think that last one might be giving her too much credit

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
s0denone said:
Rage snip
I agree with you on the count that she should not have deleted his passion project. It's cruel, childish, you fuck with someone's mind, and I can easily imagine he must have felt sick to the stomach when he realised it was all gone (providing it was real).

Then again, unless she's a complete stranger to the art of communication, it seems this girl was at her wit's end. As far as I can see the man had 3 level 80 characters, and like you said this takes a lot of time to accomplish. Time he didn't spend with her, but she had to -so to speak- watch him spend with that computer. Even if he was treating her well when he was not playing WoW, knowing that someone spends that much time on their computer instead of being with you makes a person feel neglected and obsolete.

Now I completely agree she could have handled this in a different way. She probably did start with trying to talk to him about this. Maybe he even agreed he would tone down the gaming, maybe he didn't, we don't know. What we do know is that evidently past endeavours did not bear fruit, and that's when people get desperate.
Some leave their partners, some may contact the boyfriend's WoW friends or real-life friends and have an intervention, and some pull crazy immature shit like this.

I don't condone what she's done here. Not even a little bit. Even if she knew he could get those characters back (which isn't that illogical, seeing as she obviously has some understanding of the game), you just don't screw with people in that way. She was indeed wrong, just so long as you all know this was most likely her last resort.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
WOW is something you can take for granted cause it will always be there. Girls won't. This guy had it coming.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Sennz0r said:
s0denone said:
Rage snip
*Agreeing statements, wild speculations and half-baked theories*
It is, as I have classified your post, wild speculation.

At this point in time all we know is that the guy had all his characters deleted.

Maybe the guy already had all the level 80's when he met the girl? Maybe he'd only just enforced a strict "Stop bothering me when I'm raiding"-policy? We don't know... But everyone just assumes, due to some twisted logic, that the girl is the victim - regardless of the fact that we only know one victim: the guy, everything else is just speculations. Loose ends. Fitting together different theories.

Fact is that the girl is a huge fucking ***** regardless of the circumstances, that she would take his, as you rightly describe it, "passion project" away from him without hesistation.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Coop83 said:
World of Warcraft Subscription: £20 per month
Haha, what? More like £8...

OT: Heres the thing guys, whether you like MMO's or not, everyone understands when someone has put alot of effort into something. (in his case many many hours and perhaps days)
Video games are hobbies. Would you smash up a pensioner's stamp collection because you felt he "spent too much time on it"? Or perhaps some guy loves Airfix models, and you smash up all his plastic planes... Or destroy an avid gardener's backyard? Or smash up a 14 year old's Xbox because he plays MW2 every day? Or... well, you get the idea.

No matter how you look at it, it's never justified. It's just plain nasty.

(And if it is genuine, it wouldn't surprise me that his rage stems from him realising it was his girlfriend.)

s0denone said:
Ragetastic, but with a very valid point.
As he said, guys, you need to put this in perspective (even if you've never played/don't like WoW), what she did was utterly cruel. We know he's invested alot of effort in that account, and probably has many friends on it, and perhaps guild mates who depend on him.

And she just wipes it all. Disgusting to be honest.

And again, theres no evidence that he did neglect her, she might be just "one of those girls". The insane needy type.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
I get the feeling this is fake

Because she knew his password and stopped on one character and started deleting items, then deleted the whole character - you wouldn't do that if you were trying not to be caught

It's a great way to get revenge but I'm not really buying it

brainfreeze215

Feb 5, 2009
The girlfriend overreacted, sure, but I don't think video games should ever be such a huge part of life that you prioritize them before important relationships.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
I;m 100% on the guys side here and I think people aint seeing the issue did he overreact noooooo shit, It's not the characters so much as it is the bond of trust if he trusted her enough to give her his password she has essentialy stabbed him in the back. And I have utterly no sympathy for traitors if you have a problem have the balls to say it to someones face or just walk away.

All this shows is her immaturity and spiteful attitude, a relationship takes 2 halfs all the time I see women thinking a guy need to be utterly complacent and attentive guess what we need that too even if we arnt as open about it.

So congrats you look like a total ***** across the entire internet now, and dude take a fucking chill pill you look like a neanderthal. And burn off those tattoos for christs sake who keeps those past their teens.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
Ok. This seems worse than screwing up a 360 belonging to a very obsessed MW2 fan.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
katsabas said:
WOW is something you can take for granted cause it will always be there. Girls won't. This guy had it coming.
Rofl really??? Were are girls going to disapear too? Unless you got no game, im in a relationship but if she does somthing like this i wont destroy my equipment, ill kick her ass out and restore it or start over lol either way i win. Lol. Not to mention id just meet someone new lol.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
mxfox408 said:
katsabas said:
Rofl really??? Were are girls going to disapear too? Unless you got no game, im in a relationship but if she does somthing like this i wont destroy my equipment, ill kick her ass out and restore it or start over lol either way i win. Lol. Not to mention id just meet someone new lol.
How do you win exactly? No girl, no characters and more hours to lose. Every relationship requires patience and this guy tested it and failed badly. No girl, no chars, no pc. Winner? If you say so...

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
It's either staged, or the girl is a hypocrite. She 'somehow' knew exactly how to open the inventory, knew exactly how to delete stuff, and she had a character that looked pretty high-level.

It's true that you shouldn't neglect your partner for a game, but deleting his characters is a little extreme... It takes a LOT of time to get one character to the stage his characters were at. A LOT. And he had three of them. So yeah...
She had every right to get back at him, sure, but damn, man. She should have just dumped him or something if she was really that bothered by it. Let him waste his life away on the game.

But he can easily get the characters back with one phone call to Blizzard. Not everyone knows that, though.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
katsabas said:
mxfox408 said:
katsabas said:
How do you win exactly? No girl, no characters and more hours to lose. Every relationship requires patience and this guy tested it and failed badly. No girl, no chars, no pc. Winner? If you say so...
I have had plenty of breakups over trivial things again, relationships take two halves I have a strong feeling most here have never been in a real relationship you will always argue, dissagree, want to do things on your own if thats not the case you dont have a healthy relationship. It's never, never ideal and breaking someones trust or reacting in this way is the single most deplorable thing you can do in a relationship for me it's a be open or get the fuck out policy.

All it takes is a good night out to meet another girl if you aint afraid of hearing no and trying different things, or you can stay stagnant in a watch over your back attend to every need relationship that always, ALWAYS falls appart at the seems. We are human beings, we are social animals but we have strong personal needs aswell this chick did not get that, approached it the wrong way, hes far, far better off in the long term short term thinking is for loosers.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
katsabas said:
mxfox408 said:
katsabas said:
If he's even remotely intelligent, as Amnestic said, it'll go like this...

/page GM
/restore characters
/point
/lol

Also, the monitor = computer screen.

Monitor =/= hard drive.

Edit:

garlicncow said:
He had a shit UI that enough is reason enough, I bet he keyturned too.
I keyturn and I have 5/12 ICC. So.... what's your point, tough guy?