Scott Cawthon (FNaF guy) cancelled

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Grifting the Maga lot you actually have to deliver something even if it's crap.
No, you don't. All you have to do is promise that you'll stick it to anything libs care about. A pizza place got loads of MAGA bux just by explaining they would never cater a gay wedding (never mind that they were never asked to in the first place).

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Tell me why being told you can't tell your students they need to apologize for slavery and Jim Crow because they are white and thus should feel guilt for them if they want full credit in your class is a necessary or proper part of curricula. Or teaching them melanin theory as a factual truth and requiring them to write essays in support of it. Those are examples of 2/3 tenets prohibited by the Idaho anti-CRT bill.
The problem with this is that you have to find examples of people actually teaching that and then cross reference that with the actual Tenets of CRT. Tenets of CRT usually state that this nation has racism woven into their very laws. That's what I've read time and time again when I look at it. I've yet to see "White America needs to get down on their knees and profusely apologize to blacks".

In fact, the only time I see any talk like that is when Republican Interpretations/Anti-CRT Interpretations are talked about. Citing something from an admitted contratrain viewpoint (and you can't get more contratian than a bill against a movement) doesn't really prove anything positive.

Kind of like the Death Panels that the Right kept trying to label the Democrats as Supporting. Or the Black Lives Matter movement. Or how equal rights for LGBTQ will directly lead to the downfall of the American Family, Society, and the like. But sure, let's keep at it. It's led to understanding and unity before.

I'm not arguing they are incorrect facts, I'm arguing they are opinions and therefore it's inappropriate to teach them as facts. You know, like how you'd respond if someone was trying to teach alt-right politics in schools.
That in itself is an opinion that isn't wholly based on fact.

I can't count how many times I've posted laws, societal norms, and articles devoted to how political parties in the past and in the present wrote laws to disadvantage minorities while profiting from it. There are at least 7-8 in this thread alone. You not believing in them doesn't invalidate the impact they have on other people's lives. Just like you not believing in the sun doesn't make it false. I mean great... but it's there.

You can choose to accept the reality of it, or you can not. Free world. But you can't say they are opinions when you look at documents of the law and the societal situations we're referencing and just say "Merely opinion, these legally passed bills that were used to enforce certain differing treatment on a certain group of peoples"

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Kind of like the Death Panels that the Right kept trying to label the Democrats as Supporting. Or the Black Lives Matter movement. Or how equal rights for LGBTQ will directly lead to the downfall of the American Family, Society, and the like. But sure, let's keep at it. It's led to understanding and unity before.
I'd say the really important difference now is that republicans got to CRT before many people on either side really knew what it was, and instantly spun it as racism against whites. They have a head start on their propaganda and they are not letting off that gas peddle. Doesn't Texas already have laws in place that gives teachers the right to completely ignore the civil rights and the suffragette movement, along with not needing to label the KKK as a hate group?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Doesn't Texas already have laws in place that gives teachers the right to completely ignore the civil rights and the suffragette movement, along with not needing to label the KKK as a hate group?
I don't know about that, but there has been controversy about the school syllabus over the last decade.

The syllabus is agreed by a schools board, whose members are political appointees, frequently with no background in education. Normally, such boards just take advice from scholars, educators and citizens in quite a trouble-free way. However, in Texas, the board was aggressively politicised by some of its appointees (it's majority Republican, obviously), who imposed their preferences on what went in. And whilst I think there was a bipartisan agreement it turned the ?history? syllabus into a clusterfuck and they needed to fix things, that fixing did not go smoothly either.

XsjadoBlayde

~Social Anxiety Catalysed Free-Market Alienation~
Apr 29, 2020
I don't know about that, but there has been controversy about the school syllabus over the last decade.

The syllabus is agreed by a schools board, whose members are political appointees, frequently with no background in education. Normally, such boards just take advice from scholars, educators and citizens in quite a trouble-free way. However, in Texas, the board was aggressively politicised by some of its appointees (it's majority Republican, obviously), who imposed their preferences on what went in. And whilst I think there was a bipartisan agreement it turned the ?history? syllabus into a clusterfuck and they needed to fix things, that fixing did not go smoothly either.
Some added context from journalists long since neck-deep in this modern mess perhaps;

And they're all just following orders from specific influential speakers very directly tied to the republican party whether the party is capable of admitting it or not (they won't admit it).

Reactions: Avnger and BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, you don't. All you have to do is promise that you'll stick it to anything libs care about. A pizza place got loads of MAGA bux just by explaining they would never cater a gay wedding (never mind that they were never asked to in the first place).
Literally not heard of that thing going down.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Some added context from journalists long since neck-deep in this modern mess perhaps;
And they're all just following orders from specific influential speakers very directly tied to the republican party whether the party is capable of admitting it or not (they won't admit it).
This is a matter of considerable concern. Although it is frequently because of complacency about elections that generate very low interest - what frequently happens is that when the kooks take over and start messing with everything, people take more notice that these roles do something, and turn out to vote to shut them down the next time.