"Screw This Game"

HaloHappy

Sep 7, 2008
I've said this to many games. However, only a few have stood out like a sore thumb. It happened mostly when I was on expert in L4D. I got nothing on the game, I just wanna strangle the fucking director is all. Tell me how a tank spawning outside and a hunter waiting on the inside of the safehouse is fair? So I say this, FUCK THE DIRECTOR!!

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Cid SilverWing said:
The Rockerfly said:
Final fantasy 10. I hadn't saved for about 5 hours
AND I DIED *sob*
That is just colossal idiocy right there. You always save at least once every hour.
Well it felt like 5 hours
Plus the memory card I had the save on is long gone so I can't do anything about now

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I have a few actually:
First there was the first encounter with the guardian in Dead Space, I got so pissed by it I quit for two days before coming back to it.
Theres also this point in Half Life 2 where there are all these head crabs and you are walking around in a field of radioactive waste.
Dead rising was a major issue for me too.

Velios

Dec 11, 2008
Countless times yeah, most recently playing The Last Remnant, got to disc 2 and read online I needed to do some sidequests on disc 1 because they aren't on disc 2, I thought "Heh, no problem lemme just put disc 1 back in and try that. :)" sumbitch didn't work got annoyed... really wanted to fight a monster that I could only fight by doing sidequests...

randomhero1928

Apr 25, 2009
ussually just when im playing a game, and it crashes and i lose heaps of progress, then i decide, fuck you im never playing you again to teach you a lesson

last game was oblivion i believe

boomer___2312

Nov 30, 2008
my worst "screw this game" moment was when i tried to play Tony Hawks American Wasteland. little bastards were pestering me for one trick that was vitually impossible, after 500000000000000000 tries i screamed, threw the controller and the shoulder buttons(R1R2L1L2) flew off, had to buy a new controller

boomer___2312

Nov 30, 2008
i had something like that, 1st time i played CoD5, i went to boot camp with the noobs, my CoD4 skills kicked in. 40 kills, 1 match, then they all targeted me

boomer___2312

Nov 30, 2008
i had something like that, 1st time i played CoD5, i went to boot camp with the noobs, my CoD4 skills kicked in. 40 kills, 1 match, then they all targeted me

MooseRyder

Dec 16, 2008
Burnout Paradise.
Played it all day.
Unlocked so much stuff.
Did all extra races.
And for some random reason when I move my PS3 from one t.v. to my other one all my save data gets corrupted.
Also on TLR.
No autosave
Nuff said.

boomer___2312

Nov 30, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
Played COD 5 online for the first time. Shot some people, did quite well, 8 man kill streak, but then I got 4 messages from a "clan" saying they'd had enough of me being a noob, and all four of them targetted me specifically throughout the progression of the game until I quit.

Morons.
dragonburner said:
My PSP was glitching so bad once I almost chucked it across the room.
fuck i do that all the time

ButtonedDownParadox

Aug 11, 2008
Kingsman said:
Probably the most "oh, fuck you, game" moment I ever had in Prince of Persia was involving the health system.

I had just managed to clear out a room full of sand-creatures and by the end of it had only a tiny, TINY bit of health left. I figured it didn't matter, since I still won, and moved on, continuing down the path and looking for a fountain. I came into the observatory, which required a lot of swinging around bars and platforms. Whatever, no big deal.

I get on one bar, swing up to a higher platform, and when I drop down onto it, I die instantly. Apparently, the drop was JUST enough to cause my character to wince in pain as he dropped onto it, causing the tiniest bit of health loss, and ultimately killing my character.

I am now locked in a room which I have saved in, with no way to bring my health back up, and a puzzle sequence that requires I die if I want to move on. This happened at a point where I had completed about 70% of the game.

I raged so much that I didn't even touch the game again for a couple of years, and I had to start the ENTIRE DAMN GAME over again to get to the same point.
Ha!

The astronomy room, right? I did that a year ago. Haven't played it since.

boomer___2312

Nov 30, 2008
my biggest F this game is during Rock band 2 when i decided to destroy my Sunday with the endless setlist 2. after about 6 hours, 78 songs and 3 broken fingers (i was playing on expert) the little xbox message comes up saying "the disc is unreadable" and took me back to the dashboard with a big middle finger on the screen. i could feel my soul die, i spent six hours doing nothing, yelled out words the church wouldn't allow and took a nap

Woke up the next day.

time 4 school.

TurtleAsp

Apr 23, 2009
Ninja Gaiden - Locked myslef into a small save point where as soon as I loaded I was surrounded by enemies stuffing me full of incendiary shurikens. Not Happy.

TES - Morrowind, after playing Oblivion the graphics made me feel blind - it's all bloody brown!

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
Rossmallo said:
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Mission 13: A Hero's Farewell.
17 attempts, each about an hour in length.
Grrrrrgh.
Hey, that's one of the few modern games that I actually own!

Just a hint: Seaplanes are the only air units worth making. Everything else is pretty much crap.

Right, staying on topic: Another "Screw This Game" moment that usually occurs to me is on the GBA Emulator I have. Trust me, it is NOT a fun experience to create a new file and accidentally save over your old one when you just wanted a second one to work with.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Kingsman said:
Rossmallo said:
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Mission 13: A Hero's Farewell.
17 attempts, each about an hour in length.
Grrrrrgh.
Hey, that's one of the few modern games that I actually own!

Just a hint: Seaplanes are the only air units worth making. Everything else is pretty much crap.

Right, staying on topic: Another "Screw This Game" moment that usually occurs to me is on the GBA Emulator I have. Trust me, it is NOT a fun experience to create a new file and accidentally save over your old one when you just wanted a second one to work with.
Yea, I beat that mission with an S rank by spamming naval units. It's quite an easy mission.