"Screw This Game"

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
COD:W@W when that stupid nemesis killcam becomes active.
You have to load about 10 rounds into them and they put 2 in you, and you die

Usually where I say "Screw this bullshit" and come on here.

The_Angry_Haruhist

Apr 16, 2009
Playing Fallout 3 for five hours, then the game gets the balls to FREEZE up on me and ruin all that work.

I actually headbutted my PS3 and the controller in blind fury that day. Good times...

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
THEMANWHOIS said:
Golden Sun, when I was younger. I kept fucking up at some part where you have to hike through a desert. I don't remember exactly but I think there was some deal with a tornado or something and I just kept getting sent back to the beginning. Eventually I just said fuck it and put it down forever.
I love the Golden Sun games, but I can see where you're coming from. Completing those games has given me so many gray hairs I lost count.

My most recent "SCREW THIS" moment goes to Tomb Raider: Underworld. Picture it: underneath Croft Manor, fighting off those two stupid mini-boss dogs. I finish them, all is well. Then, I have the sheer nerve to fall off a platform.

Game takes me back to before the dog mini-boss fight. After throwing down the controller in frustration, I went back to try again. Died at a later point, and it took me back to the same point. I haven't touched it since.

jobobob

Oct 17, 2008
I have said that to bioshock whenever i try to load in fort frolic it crashes the first time i lost about an hour of gameplay and the second time i saved right on it just to have it crash on that loading screen again and again.

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
LeonHellsvite said:
i think its also called rage quit, and yeah back when i first got SO3 at this thing where you gotta ride the hauler i kept dying and i eventualy gave up for like a month lol,and in super mario sunshine when i got sooooo annoyed in this one level where theres lava EVERYWHERE and you dont have fludd on you
...oh, right, and that game too--thanks for reminding me. Yeah, that was the first and last Star Ocean game I ever played. In spite of the stereotypically anime-esque characters with their silly outfits and their irritating voices and their ludicrous names ("Fayt Leingod"? Oh, come on), I was actually enjoying it, and then two-thirds of the way through, the game decides that it wants to be the fucking Matrix.

"Way to suddenly turn lame, Star Ocean 3," said I. "Take your insanely overcomplicated item creation system and jam it right up your ass. Sideways."

(By the way, am I the only one who hates item creation systems?)

TenthRegeneration

Feb 11, 2009
I was playing Legendary and I was like "You know what? This kinda sucks. I think I'll go outside and meet some ladies now."

I think I may it about 3/4 of the way through the game, and gee did it suck.

FuzziBunni

Jun 11, 2008
Two moments.

Sould Calibur 3, the whole strategy game part of capturing the castles. I would get really into it, got up to like lvl 13, and the file got corrupted. Restart get past and up to 20, file corrupted again. ONLY that game though.

Second was Prince of Persia 2 (Warrior Within?). I just finished the first one and absolutely loved it so I tossed it in and was immediately turned off by the change in controls. Never played it since. Love the new one though ^_^

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
"Screw you, Disgaea DS! There's so much grind needed!

Ugh, who am I kidding." *Picks up DS*

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
I've had similar "screw this game" moments with Empire: Total War, as in, when it crashes on me. They really need to fix that.

And about Far Cry 2: I personally think it's overall a great game, and I want to finish it, but I just can't because it's so damn repetitive. The game has some great features, but it's not so fun when I'm playing the exact same thing again and again and again.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
Two just this week.
Trying to do the S.A.M mission in GTAIII. Breezed it. Hardly any chase down after picking up the parcels and the whole mission was surprisingly easy. Get back to my garage to save the game. Screen freezes. F-!
It has taken me many attempts to do the mission again. I've yet to succeed...

This morning my Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance game turns up. It's fucking shite.
I'm glad a friend has my Shadow of Rome game because they don't deserve to be on the same shelf. Save file deleted. Game to be traded.

aggrovendor

Sep 4, 2008
I did the same with MGSPOP and then I bought PO too. When I finished it and started playing POP with all the characters from the PO then it was good.

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
FuzziBunni said:
Second was Prince of Persia 2 (Warrior Within?). I just finished the first one and absolutely loved it so I tossed it in and was immediately turned off by the change in controls. Never played it since. Love the new one though ^_^
And thank you for reminding me of The Sands of Time, which I bought after hearing Yahtzee singing its praises over and over. I really liked it, too, until I got to the first boss and discovered that this particular version of the Prince couldn't fight for shit. I died about twenty times in a row, cursed at my TV, quit for a few hours, came back, tried again, died another ten times, and finally told the game to go fuck itself.

fuckwit

Jan 4, 2009
I do in Far Cry 2 when I do something stupid and realize I hadn't saved. I always ragequit, no matter what. I just need a few moments.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Far Cry 2 used to be my number one best played game but it started getting boring so i say. Onlly play it if you find it exciting. meantime, Midnight club:LA had some screw this game moments.

Rorschach_pln

Apr 15, 2009
I had one two weeks ago, playing the new Leisure Suit Larry. I got to the point where you encounther my personal worst enemy - quick time events! Then the game told me to press B1 ( on a PC, wtf ) and i just said to myself "You lazy bastards, screw you, I'm going to play Warhammer ".

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
I've done this same bit on S.T.A.L.K.E.R where the orange dude I'm supposed to be protecting keeps getting shot to pieces by zombies. I've taken time out from it for a week lest I throw it out the window. Besides, Assassins Creed needed a replay.