Scribblenauts

A1

Jul 9, 2009
Maybe I'm not fully understanding you but the whole "create your own experience" feature is kept largely separate from the story campaign in Littlebigplanet, and Scribblenauts doesn't even have a story campaign. So I'm still not seeing much similarity there and I agree that Yahtzee probably won't either.

Immersion also made a difference to Yahtzee when he played Oblivion and Assassin's Creed. It also seems to be one of the main factors behind his distaste for motion controls. So I'm not too sure about this Survival Horror theory. But nevertheless I think you bring up an interesting point. What I'm referring to is the question of how much immersion really matters to Yahtzee.

And I think you mean Survival Horror VISUAL Novel Alarid.

Also, if anyone is still wondering why Yahtzee apparently has no intention of making a video review of Halo 3: ODST his review of Guitar Hero 3 might give you a hint around the 1:33 point.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
TheRealCJ said:
Mantonio said:
Well, someone's very bitter today, aren't they?

"Yes, you see, I'm saying you're an idiot, too. I felt I should make that clearer because you're an idiot."

At least I don't own a stupid hat.
Feel free to burn yahzee all you want, but if you ever make fun of a Trilby again I will hunt you down, remove your scalp, and hot glue one to your skull

*pant pant* don't make fun of Trilbies!
I'm sorry, but when you put it like that...

Trilbys suck.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
I want to see Yahtzee rip ODST to shreds I didn't like it. I KNOW he wouldn't like it, thus it would be a great review.
However I fear if he did review it he might become catatonic from boredom, that would be bad.
anyway I'm really beginning to like extra punctuation! i've read a couple and they are a nice addition to the hilarious videos and Yahtzee seems to keep things mixed up enough so that it is different from the videos.

griffinmills

Apr 7, 2008
I dunno, I've liked every extra punctuation thus far excepting this one. It just read like angry, angsty, teen-age-y bitter dregs on the topics of creativity and everyone-is-stupid whining. Speaking in absolutes just bugs me I guess.

silverleaf81

Oct 2, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
I completely disagree with the bad parts of the game.

I'm not saying it had none, but they are so different to the ones you said.

No doubt you played the game lke you would any other - do level, complete level (repeat).

I played it, and got a lot of fun out of it by changing my playing style - try and do it in the coolest way possible, not helicopter+rope=victory, but pegasus+bread+glue=victory.

However, the one fall-down for me was the lack of interactivity between two objects.

During a science lesson, I was told that Group 1 elements get more reactive with water as ou go down the periodic table.

I went all the way down and found francium.

'hehe', I thought, 'this'll be fun.'

So I wrote francium, got it, and dropped it in water.

To say it was an anti-climax would be an understatement.

The first thing i tested was Sodium (the second Alkalia element) i dropped it in water and nothing happened. As Yahtzee would say: BULL. FUCKING. SHIT!

But the game looks interesting. More interesting for kids though but less for people who UNDERSTAND PHYSICS (and chemistry)

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
i think something similar to scribblenauts could really flourish on the wii. it could be done in 2D and in the same art style but have more objects, better graphics, better ai, and (the most important one) better interface. seriously the controls for scribblenauts sucked ass.

it could also be cool on the ps3 or xbox (but more ps3 cuz of blu-ray) because it would have even more memory to work with. hell if the ps3 used two disc the whole thing could probably be in 3d. at least i think so, i'm not a game designer.

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Mr.Wiggles said:
I have yet to notice an increase in punctuation.

OT:I think Yahtzee can say what he wants really.In fairness how many of you swore a blood oath to stop watching ZP after he insulted you???

mmmhhmmm...... That's what I thought
Nah, they'll probably just spam his inbox with hate mail instead.

TheUnbeholden

Dec 13, 2007
Uszi said:
Yahtzee, you're so cute when you cannibalize your own fan base in a fit of elitist rage.
Thankfully I think most yahtzee fans are smart enough to not get insulted and therefore not comment about it... or maybe I'm being way to optimistic but I tend to think intelligent critics with a knack for comedy/wit attract the good sort especially if hes cynical and attends the pretentious critics party every year.