Security Guard kicks ass and takes name.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
The Human Torch said:
James Joseph Emerald said:

I should have known this would immediately turn into a gun control / anti-USA flamewar...
Can you blame them? It's a topic that will always remain hot. If people feel the desire to talk about this, then we should we let them. Besides some obvious trolling and name-calling, there is no harm. The day we stop debating is the day humanity has given up.
Perhaps, but people really need to learn to pick and choose their fucking battles. Three masked and armed men rush a security guard who draws his weapon and opens fire to defend himself. Doesn't matter if you're European, American, Pro-Gun, Anti-Gun, you'd have to be a total idiot to think that he did something wrong. The only issue here is the idiots choosing to see an issue for the sake of argument.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
Boudica said:
>Checks the crime rate in the U.S.

>Checks the crime rate in Australia.

I think I'll stick to the way we do things.
Ok, so, I live in Denmark, so I'm sure we can agree that I'm unlikely to be some gun-totin' redneck.

I don't want guns freely available in my community either.

However, there's a problem which people tend to overlook, which is that in the US, the bad guys already have the guns. If you make a law asking people to hand in their firearms, do you think the bad guys will follow that directive?

The way we do it in Denmark, and the way you do it in Australia, works fine. Because when a security guard has to fix a problem, it doesn't involve dealing with someone who is armed.

In the US, that's not the case.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
anthony87 said:
The Human Torch said:
James Joseph Emerald said:

I should have known this would immediately turn into a gun control / anti-USA flamewar...
Can you blame them? It's a topic that will always remain hot. If people feel the desire to talk about this, then we should we let them. Besides some obvious trolling and name-calling, there is no harm. The day we stop debating is the day humanity has given up.
Perhaps, but people really need to learn to pick and choose their fucking battles. Three masked and armed men rush a security guard who draws his weapon and opens fire to defend himself. Doesn't matter if you're European, American, Pro-Gun, Anti-Gun, you'd have to be a total idiot to think that he did something wrong. The only issue here is the idiot choosing to see and issue for the sake of argument.
I agree with you, but there will always be people who will jump on every opportunity to further their own 'cause'. And yeah, the security guard did nothing wrong. I wish that more robbers would be discouraged in this way, I think that it would have a very positive effect on the yearly percentage of robberies.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Rastelin said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Seems to be an American security thing... as a member of the British Forces, if I did that I would be very quickly court marshalled, lose my job and probably be jailed! :/
You enter a facility to rob it and get shoot. Well the guard was not about to call a pow pow to see if anyone was hurt and remove them from the battle field.

And armed criminals are not combatants. Also security guards don't have to follow any rules of engagement. They are neither meant to or are paid nearly enough to play Captain America. I will say some of the officers I served under would approve of how he executed this. Focused and controlled.
That's what I was trying to point to...

It doesn't seem to make sense though... in a time of war, were everyone is out to kill each other then we apply rules to it to protect people... but in peacetime, within the confines of our own country borders, then for some reason it is ignored... Logic...

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
Well done. Serves the fuckers right. As for people complaining about him shooting at the guy who was crawling, he may have just been unloading rounds to make sure that he KEEPS crawling instead of y'know attempting to shoot back?

Because it's clear that the man was only shot once, and he also lived.

So all in all a very good job.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
This guy performed his job perfectly. His actions resulted in no deaths, and potentially saved the lives of himself and others.
Good job, guy! I hope he has a nice bonus this year.

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
Is there a youtube version of the video? I would love to see what happend but the video player on that site isn't working for me.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
runic knight said:
Boudica said:

Oh this is fun! I can compare apples to oranges too. Lets see...

>Looks at death by gun rates for the last century for the US

>Looks at it for europe. Wow, two world wars kinda screwed the numbers.

Hmm, seems we are doing well enough. I mean if you are willing to assume nations with different laws, different standards on what equals "unlawful", different population sizes and different histories of gun rights, as well as use a larger inclusive "crimes rate" rather then a more logical "gun crimes" or "gun murders" statistic to one another then why not compare a large nation that hasn't had a war on its mainland to an entire continent that has seen two huge ones. I mean, who needs details, right?
Yep, all those security guards in those world wars really did make a mess with all those guns.

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
Boudica said:
>Checks the crime rate in the U.S.

Implying that security guards possessing firearms increases crime rates?
Security guards in Australia are often unarmed simply due to far lower levels of gun ownership, whether it is legal or not, and stricter gun control laws. I feel as if the man in the video is justified to have used his weapon due to the fact he is in America where it is much more likely someone breaking into a store has a gun. I'm sure he wouldn't want to be caught short in that situation.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Rastelin said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
but in peacetime, within the confines of our own country borders, then for some reason it is ignored... Logic...
The criminal element. They do not apply any rule to what they do. There are no enemy or political agenda to fight. It is just money hungry untrained people with a gun and therefor a danger to others around them. Although seeing the video, I suspect the guard had some training of some sort. He seems to calm and focused to be any old guy of the street.
That's true... but couldn't it be argued that it is money hungry untrained people we are figting in Afghanistan too?
Also, what about the other side of criminals too... the ones who are doing it out of desparation, or under duress? They are victims themselves!

Not arguing, just adding food for thought!

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Good on the guy! Did his job perfectly and the way it's supposed to be done. Too much sympathy for fucking thieves on his sight it's ridiculous. Yes we get it your country doesn't have guns but USA has bad guys with guns.

And while he may look calm and composed here I think the argument of him needing to think about the situation is fucking absurd. In moments like this you don't iron out all the details, you fucking act. And this guy made his decision and it was the right one. Bravo rent a cop, bravo.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
The Human Torch said:
Signa said:
If it was anything like that other attempted internet cafe robbery, then this guy did the right thing, no question about it.

Seeing the video shows some guys being stopped before they could actually cause harm, which is admittedly a little off-putting. It's harder to 100% justify shooting someone when their only crime up to that point was acting rowdy with a strange sense of apparel. Do I have any doubt that they were up to no good? None at all.
Are you fucking kidding me? Please read your own post again and get back to me on how many things are wrong with that statement. In the meantime I will be busy banging my head against my desk.
Quite flaming me, human torch. I'm agreeing with the situation. Judging by your quoted post I read, you agree too. I just know the gun control advocates love to be whiners about some of these things. "oh dear, he hadn't opened fire on any innocents yet, so he didn't deserve life-threatening injuries!" I was showing them the ground they have to stand on with those statements, and how shallow it was. Could I possibly could have phrased something better? Maybe.

Chives on top of me

Jun 2, 2012
razer17 said:
Alexnader said:
It's always amazing how bad people are at aiming in combat situations. That guard just starts unloading at those guys yet only one of them is hit and is still able to crawl away. What's the acceptable accuracy for policemen in close quarter combat? 30%? I've heard that figure bandied about.

So it's a testament to both the fragility and determination of the human body as well as the negative effects of stress.
Research suggests that accuracy on a firing range and accuracy in real combat are basically unlinked. Basically it's down to the person, if they have the balls to shoot and potentially end a human life. And the guard could have just been laying down fire to make them leave, rather than actively trying to shoot the robbers.

I'm not sure we should celebrate a guy shooting someone else, seems kind of weird to me. Still the guard probably did the right thing.
This quote from Unforgiven seems to fit

Little Bill Daggett: "Look son, being a good shot, being quick with a pistol, that don't do no harm, but it don't mean much next to being cool-headed. A man who will keep his head and not get rattled under fire, like as not, he'll kill ya. It ain't so easy to shoot a man anyhow, especially if the son-of-a-***** is shootin' back at you."

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Signa said:
The Human Torch said:
Signa said:
If it was anything like that other attempted internet cafe robbery, then this guy did the right thing, no question about it.

Seeing the video shows some guys being stopped before they could actually cause harm, which is admittedly a little off-putting. It's harder to 100% justify shooting someone when their only crime up to that point was acting rowdy with a strange sense of apparel. Do I have any doubt that they were up to no good? None at all.
Are you fucking kidding me? Please read your own post again and get back to me on how many things are wrong with that statement. In the meantime I will be busy banging my head against my desk.
Quite flaming me, human torch. I'm agreeing with the situation. Judging by your quoted post I read, you agree too. I just know the gun control advocates love to be whiners about some of these things. "oh dear, he hadn't opened fire on any innocents yet, so he didn't deserve life-threatening injuries!" I was showing them the ground they have to stand on with those statements, and how shallow it was. Could I possibly could have phrased something better? Maybe.
I completely misread your post, consider my first reply retracted. My apologies.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
axlryder said:
I'm pretty sure there was no name-taking done by the security guard in this video. I'm disappointed by the misleading title.
Well, it was a time to kick ass and take some names...without taking the names.

Probably obscure video game reference for the win!
For the record, it's from Deer Avenger 4

Apr 2, 2010
He did his duty, if the police thought otherwise we'd here about him being charged. The fact that other people we're present at the cafe meant he was not just responsible for the store but other lives.