See How Your Mass Effect Choices Compare to Everyone Else's

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Antitonic said:
The only thing I'm really surprised at is the percentage of Soldier classes. I was under the impression that a Soldier is the most boring, waste-of-space class in the game. Shows what "popular opinion" knows.
My thoughts exactly. Playing as a Soldier is the most vanilla way of playing the game. You just shoot crap.......that's about it.

If you're not throwing out hadukins and tech-based fireballs, you're not playing the game right. To be fair, my favorite class is probably the Infiltrator (i love any class that can cloak :p), but even they have a few tech-powers to toy around with (my biggest draw to them is I've always liked their one-shot-kill capabilities).

What I find so surprising is the fact that the resolution of the Quarian-Geth war was so completely split like that. I would have figured the majority would have been in saving both. Think the only time I didn't save both was when I reloaded my last save before that decision just to see what happens. And I gotta say, deciding to kill the Geth is absolutely brutal. At least if you're enough of a dick to shoot Mordin in the back, it's one shot and the deed is done. If you decide the Geth don't get to live, you've gotta shoot Legion point-blank in the face THREE times! Each time he looks up at you like "Don't....I....deserve...to...live?" only to get shot again. So yeah, I don't know which complete and total betrayal leaves me with a worse feeling in my stomach.

Captcha: "Taco Tuesday".......but it's Monday.....

norashepard

Mar 4, 2013
I wonder if the insanity stat is out of total playthroughs, or if it's per player. If it's by playthrough then it makes sense that it's so low, because tons of people have done multiple runs, and most probably didn't do insanity for all of them.

But also: Vega is totally cool you guys come on. I know he's really weirdly muscular but he's probably one of the funniest people, especially if you play a femshep and make fun of him for flirting. He does have a stupid haircut though. I'll give the haters that.

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
So, played through the entire trilogy for the first time ever, started as a fem Shep vanguard in 1, got as far as meeting Garrus, and went, "It's too tetchy with the powers... give me guns that are easy to use!" and restarted as a soldier. Saved Kaiden that first run, regretted that on subsequent play throughs, saved Ashley, regretted that after the Collector attack on Horizon. Finished the series, saw the ending coming for 3 from miles away. Yeah, Shep's going to give her life for the galaxy. No big surprise, no better way to end her story. Saved the quarians AND the geth by accident, but there is nothing cooler than having a Prime walk up to you and swear fealty. And I got the flotilla as well? Reapers are going DOWN! Everyone who could survive survived through the suicide mission, huzzah. Hated Mordin until he started working to cure the genophage, and then lost his life. HATED. After that, sad to see him go.

Signed up just to reply to this thread and say two things: I can't like male Shep having played through the entire series as fem Shep... and the ending that everyone hates? Loved it to death. Perfect ending. No regrets. Played it straight as a paragon, gave my life to protect the galaxy. Totally worth it. How do people hate it?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Huh? I thought Garrus would of been the most popular character to have in your team.

Also what, no most character to romance with and this is including both male and female Sheperd?

2clueless

Clueless since 2003
Apr 11, 2012
Finished Run #1 : Renegade FemShep Infiltrator on Insanity. One shot. One Kill. Enventually. Once you got the best rifle and maxed your cloak. Destroy.

Finished Run #2 : Renegade FemShep Vanguard on Veteran/Insanity? Glitching out the game and avoiding enemy waves with Biotic Charge is immensely amusing and satisfying. Dying enedlessly to Banshees instakill is not. Oh well. Control.

On the female character debate, as far as the Mass Effect Metrics go..

"I love women.. more! I am not insecure about my sexuality, I love women!" *shifty eyes* "SLEEP!"

First, a perspective. I love a good story. For a game like Mass Effect, I do not project myself onto a character; I am watching a story unfold. Therefore, I want the more exciting and entertaining option available. Aside of the ending (which I hate and loathe with an undying passion, and unless user reviews are absolutely glowing gold on future titles, I will not purchase or touch any more Bioware/EA titles with a thrity nine and a half foot pole), Mass Effect told an awesome story with amazing characters. The better the player character, the more I enjoy myself.

FemShep was, hands down, by far the more expressive, interesting, fun, engaging character out of the two.

I played a single game of Mass Effect 1 as MaleShep, an Adept.. and the guy was one-note and bland. A close-to-monotone voice and multiple contrivances of pseudo-emotions. I didn't have the heart to carry on.

The Male Shepard Soldier leading statistic is sad. Boring character coupled with uninteresting gameplay. Shame.

Windu23

Aug 6, 2008
nodlimax said:
daibakuha said:
You basically accused everyone who liked the ending of not being a fan of the series. So yeah, insulting.
Well, feel free to prove me wrong....
How does one prove oneself to be a fan of the series when your criteria seems to be "didn't like the last 10 to 15 minutes of the last game?"

Anyway.

I thought the squad survivability percentages was how many missions they were taken on but weren't downed by the enemy. So, Vega having a high survival rate would make sense if people only took him on the few missions in the beginning where you're required to do so. But, even beyond that, I believe Vega has the highest health in the game for a squad member, so it makes sense that he wouldn't go down often. But I love Vega. Vega's rapport with Cortez was amazing to me.

I can't believe so few people beat insanity. It's nowhere near as hard as ME2's insanity mode was, to me.

bimon_1234567

Mar 15, 2012
snekadid said:
bimon_1234567 said:
Cognimancer said:
82% of the players who finished Mass Effect 3 were playing as Male Shepard, leaving only 18% playing FemShep.
The fact that this adds up to 100% is weird. I finished multiple playthroughs with both female and male Shepards, how the hell do I fit into this statistic?
If the number of playthrough are equal then 0% as they would cancel each other out, otherwise which ever is higher would add to either sides count and affect the % by almost nothing unless you completed the game 100 times as male Shepard.

Why is it weird that it adds up to 100%? I always find it weird when polls don't equal 100%.

Captcha: cor Blimey
..... now is not the time to go international captcha!
Well, the thing is, the statistics sheet refers to "[...]players that finished ME3[...]". The phrasing implies that this is not about individual playthroughs but about individual players and their choices. In that light it is indeed weird that the numbers add up to 100% since that would be a very big coincidence.

play ball!

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
nodlimax said:
Anachronism said:
Dislike the ending? Fine. Don't insult those of us who didn't have a problem with it - such as myself. Seriously, legitimate grievances about the ending aside, it's been a year. Can we please stop beating the pile of blood and viscera that used to be a dead horse?
So it is an insult now to say that many people haven't played ME1 and 2? I don't see how I insulted anyone with my post other than maybe EA itself...

Calling the end S*** doesn't mean that the people who liked it are S*** too or does it now?
You actually called people that had no problem with the game ignorant because "ignorance is the only explanation" for not actively hating it.
Irridium said:
Not surprised more people saved the Geth than the Quarians. ME3 really made the Quarians look like utter bastards and the Geth like poor misunderstood victims while in reality both did terrible things to each other.
On the other hand, ME 1 tried its best to make them faceless cannon fodder (similar to the androids of the Star Wars prequels) with no redeemable qualities. I think 2 and 3 went a long way into making them a more sympathetic and interesting race with justifiable motivations and turned the 500 years conflict into something more complex than "them bad, we good"... which makes it rather disappointing when Shepard arrives and makes everybody be friends with a few motivational speeches.

OT: I am one of those boring people that played default male Shepard soldier. My reason was not so interesting as some imply; but that, at the moment, all promotional material and trailers used him exclusively and I wanted to identify it (I kept trying to make a custom Shepard and was constantly distracted by the "who the hell is that?" thought); also, the custom character creator in ME are pretty crappy. I choose soldier because I didn't wanted to be restricted to only using a few weapons, none of which included the assault riffle. By the time I reached the sequels some of those issues were corrected (thanks, universal ammo), but I didn't wanted to change my Shepard.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
nodlimax said:
daibakuha said:
You basically accused everyone who liked the ending of not being a fan of the series. So yeah, insulting.
Well, feel free to prove me wrong....
This is so conceited. "Hate the ending or you're not a true fan". I don't believe anybody here is going in any hurry to "prove" anything to you, sir, with a claim that is seeded in such elitism.

Oct 10, 2011
Wait, squadmates can die? Permenantly? Since when?
I have done at least 5 playthroughs of each game and never lost a squadmate besides Ashley in ME1. And I always play insanity, if that matters.

Please share how it's possible for them to die. I would love to know, for reasons I cannot say.

PuckFuppet

Entroducing.
Jan 10, 2009
The refusal, control and destroy endings make some amount of sense. Synthesis is just a mess though.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
82% of people are playing a worse experience, Jennifer Hale does a way better job than old what's his face (couldn't bothe remembering his name). Tried playing as a male shep in ME2, I never finihsed that playthrough if that's telling.

I know women can play as man shep, but does this put the amount of female MassEffect fans under 18% or around that benchmark?

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
username sucks said:
Wait, squadmates can die? Permenantly? Since when?
I have done at least 5 playthroughs of each game and never lost a squadmate besides Ashley in ME1. And I always play insanity, if that matters.

Please share how it's possible for them to die. I would love to know, for reasons I cannot say.
You really have to cock up the suicide mission on ME2 and in ME1 if you dont have enough 'reputation' you can't choose the dialog option that saves Wrex, happened to a mate who saw I had Wrex in my playthrough... he was quite bummed.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
I wonder what the other demographical statistics are. I would be fairly interested to find out how many people played a different ethnicity than the standard white Caucasian for example, you rarely see other racial groups in ME related YouTube vids. Info about sexuality and fidelity would be interesting too, like how many people had the mini romances with Kelly Chambers, Diane Allers and Samantha Traynor even though they had a romance with another character.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Mr.Tea said:
God people are boring... Of course the vast majority played a Soldier Male Shep! They need to "identify" and shit!

EDIT: And 10 seconds after I post this, I see what this week's Jimquisition is about.
Very seriously, from the bottom of my heart and with all due respect (none): Fuck anyone who somehow won't play female characters. Fuck them up the arse with a rake.
Wow, unnecessarily insulting with that post much? I didn't play as a woman in ME3. Do you know why? Because I didn't want to. Plain and simple. Just because you can play as a woman, doesn't mean you are under a moral obligation to do so.

Mar 26, 2008
Well if it wasn't already official (to most ME and ME2 players it was) it certainly is now, Kaiden is the most hated of all characters. He was closely followed by the space racist Ashley.
No offense to Mr S'barge (I was fond of both Carth Onassi and Jiminy Kricket) but Kaiden was just a whiny, rod up his arse *****.