Sega Confirms Sonic Adventure 2 HD

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Infernai said:
Scrustle said:
I actually really love the soundtrack to this game. All of the later Sonic games with rock soundtracks were all trying to re-create this one, but they all miserably failed. This is also the only game in which Shadow was a respectable character. He had a good story line, which should have ended in this game. If you've played the game you'll know why it's stupid they brought him back afterwards, and such a retarded way too.
The sad part is Shadows still the most well developed Sonic character in terms of character development and backstory (In that he actually HAS character development and backstory). Although, i do agree bringing him back was retarded in retrospect. Sonic Team literally had no idea what the hell to do with the guy after Adventure 2 and ended up squandering him because...well, it's Sonic Team. I have no issue with Shadow being allowed to come back into the games, but..i just wish they did it in a better way. But again, this is Sonic Team we're dealing with so in retrospect the poor guy was doomed from the get-go.
Yeah, Shadow's always been my favourite Sonic character because of this game. It's so painful to see what they did to him afterwards. "I don't know who I am... again! I've got amnesia! I'm a robot! Wait, who am I again?"

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
I may have peed myself a little with this announcement.

Sonic Adventure 2 HD... I'd tap that.
Now how about a fully new Jet Set Radio game? I'll tap whoever needs to be tapped at Sega to get that made.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009

If this is the game I think it is then I am the happiest person on earth right now, that was like my first game ever. Though I had Sonic Adenture 2 Battle on the Gamecube, not the Dreamcast version.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
cool but i never got the point of those HD remakes... just port the damned thing the graphics were fine then they are fine now... right?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
CaptainMarvelous said:
mikeybuthge said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Now you Sonic fans don't have to feel so <color=blue>Blue anymore.
Or do you?
Stop hogging all the puns, it's like you get here at supersonic speeds
It does Ring true, we seem to be lacking in good Sonic puns.
Now guys lets not go spinning Tails. There's plenty of puns to go around.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Charli said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
mikeybuthge said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Or do you?
I'm biting my Knuckles to avoid making more puns

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
CaptainMarvelous said:
Charli said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
mikeybuthge said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Or do you?
I'm biting my Knuckles to avoid making more puns
I think we can leave these puns to the Shadows for now.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Wait I just downloaded SA1, is it a fuckover like the silent hill re-release or have they just not improved anything.

Whatever I'm looking forward to this anyway. I still hate rouge though.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Even though I still have the Gamecube version, I'm probably going to get this anyway. Like others have said, this game is one of if not the best 3D Sonic game ever made. I hold it up there in my list of favorites titles throughout my life of playing games.

Huh. I guess I know what I am picking up for my birthday, then.

Brad Shepard said:
We got to wait until October?! DAMN!
...unless somebody wants to be generous!

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
Well, there goes another three hundred hours. Almost makes me glad that I lost my GameCube memory card so that I actually have an incentive to start over. Probably would get it anyways though. This is definitely my favourite Sonic game. I will miss my awesome chao though. So much time spent playing City Escape over and over to get unicorns and chaos drives, but I also got to listen to City Escape over and over, so totally worth it.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
After the reviews of the Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA release, I can understand why these games aren't that great. A lot is down right bad, but god damn I love these games. Can't wait to have Sonic Adventure 2 on my PS3. What I really want is a huge Sonic Vita collection, since there's no Sonic games on there right now. (not counting the PSP Mega Drive Collection).

Bacaruda

Jul 10, 2011
Finally, I've been waiting for this. My favourite game on Dreamcast. And even though I have the original game and the Dreamcast this is a must buy for me!

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
Insta-buy.
My favorite sonic game. I really enjoyed the multiplayer emerald hunting whenever I had someone to play it with. Which was rare. >_>

Edit: Apparently I didn't grasp that the first Sonic Adventure was released on PS store. HOLY CRAP NOSTALGIAGASM. I loved both games but I don't own the first, and now I can enjoy it again! YAY!

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Grey Carter said:
Mahorfeus said:
I've heard less than graceful things about the Adventure games, but they're probably my favorite Sonic games of all time.

And I can't tell if Grey is dissing Crush 40 or not. D:
Open Your Heart and Live and Learn are terrible songs.

But I love them.
QFMFT!

Seriously, though, who needs a SA2 rerelease? Sure, it's a sonic game that isn't BAD but there are also the knuckles/Rouge levels which are about as fun and fast-paced as eating bricks without cutlery. then again, sega's nearly broke and I guess they'll take any cash they can shake off their semi-retarded fanbase.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
God I love this game, and I can't wait for it to be released. DAT NOSTALGIA

Gonna spend so much time in the Chao garden!