Sega Confirms Sonic Adventure 2 HD

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
HELL YES. Sonic Adventure 2 was one of the first games I ever owned. I sunk sooooo many hours of my childhood into that game. Still have it one game cube. Hopefully Sonic goes back to this style for their 3D games cause I love this game.

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
yay; now all they need to do is re-release Skies of Arcadia and I can be lost in a tsunami of nostalgia

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
SHENMUE HD. XBLA/PSN/PC. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Seriously these HD remakes are worth more to get excited about than most new releases today..

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
StraightToHeck said:
yay; now all they need to do is re-release Skies of Arcadia and I can be lost in a tsunami of nostalgia
This^^ Also port Valyria Chronicles to the PC, it would work well there.

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
Scrustle said:
Yeah, Shadow's always been my favourite Sonic character because of this game. It's so painful to see what they did to him afterwards. "I don't know who I am... again! I've got amnesia! I'm a robot! Wait, who am I again?"
"Apparently I'm an alien now, wut?"

I forgave a lot of things in Shadow's game since I had fun with it. The one thing I can't forgive is it's plot, it is astoundingly bad.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
LtFerret said:
Scrustle said:
Yeah, Shadow's always been my favourite Sonic character because of this game. It's so painful to see what they did to him afterwards. "I don't know who I am... again! I've got amnesia! I'm a robot! Wait, who am I again?"
"Apparently I'm an alien now, wut?"

I forgave a lot of things in Shadow's game since I had fun with it. The one thing I can't forgive is it's plot, it is astoundingly bad.
I can't remember liking a single thing about that game, apart from perhaps the picture of Shadow on a motorbike. At the time I thought it was kind of cool, but in retrospect, it's fucking retarded. I was a lot younger then.

Another thing I always hate about what they did to Shadow after SA2 was they always referred to him as being the "ultimate life form" (except when he was an alien or a robot or whatever), when in SA2 they quite clearly state that it's actually Sonic. They completely dropped that entire plot point in every Sonic game after. I think the revelation that Sonic was in fact synthetically created by Robotnik's grandfather to be the most powerful life form ever a pretty fucking massive plot point.

I guess I spoiled the whole plot of SA2 right there, but who cares. It's super old and the only people who would be reading this either already know or don't care.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
In reference to the article's image: Does anyone else think it's weird and reverse that Sonic is messing with Shadow's Chao but Shadow isn't messing with Sonic's? Seems like a low blow to pick on the little guys, he even has kind of a trollish smirk...

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
rabidkanid said:
"Addictive multiplayer"?
A requested improvement would be to make raising the Chao in this game not so much a pain in the ass, especially when you have no fondness for them and all you want are the Emblems from the races and karate.
I find it really interesting that you think this is the bad part of the game. It's my favorite part and it's the kind of creative/nurturing/building activity that I've looked for in other games constantly since.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Nasrin said:
In reference to the article's image: Does anyone else think it's weird and reverse that Sonic is messing with Shadow's Chao but Shadow isn't messing with Sonic's? Seems like a low blow to pick on the little guys, he even has kind of a trollish smirk...

All the more reason for Shadow's grumpiness!

Steve Waltz

May 16, 2012
Rellik San said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
Charli said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
mikeybuthge said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Now you Sonic fans don't have to feel so <color=blue>Blue anymore.
Or do you?
Stop hogging all the puns, it's like you get here at supersonic speeds
It does Ring true, we seem to be lacking in good Sonic puns.
Now guys lets not go spinning Tails. There's plenty of puns to go around.
I'm biting my Knuckles to avoid making more puns
I think we can leave these puns to the Shadows for now.
Will you guys stop with the puns? You're making my head Spin!

As for re-releasing the game. Is this some fad? HD releases are happening all over the place. Goodness, one of the reasons I hate Nintendo's 3DS so much is because it seems to be revolving around selling old titles with better graphics.

Call me cheap, but I'd never buy a game that I already own. I'd rather plug in my old consoles rather than buy the game again just to play on on my PS3 with prettier graphics. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Sonic Adventure 2 to no end, and I used to be a master at gem hunting ;) and I support *all* my old games that were re-released, but I'm not going to let nostalgia steal money from my wallet.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I demand online multiplayer.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEE.

It'd give the Chao elements even MORE life.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Z of the Na said:
Even though I still have the Gamecube version, I'm probably going to get this anyway. Like others have said, this game is one of if not the best 3D Sonic game ever made. I hold it up there in my list of favorites titles throughout my life of playing games.

Huh. I guess I know what I am picking up for my birthday, then.

Brad Shepard said:
We got to wait until October?! DAMN!
...unless somebody wants to be generous!
Heck, why not? Can you gift games over XBL?

rabidkanid

Mar 26, 2008
Nasrin said:
rabidkanid said:
"Addictive multiplayer"?
A requested improvement would be to make raising the Chao in this game not so much a pain in the ass, especially when you have no fondness for them and all you want are the Emblems from the races and karate.
I find it really interesting that you think this is the bad part of the game. It's my favorite part and it's the kind of creative/nurturing/building activity that I've looked for in other games constantly since.
It's not necessarily 'BAD', it's just something forced on you in order to get something that you want even if you don't want anything to do with it. The chao are supposed to be this extra bit in the game that's there if you want to use it. it shouldn't in any way, shape, or form be a requirement. It adds unnecessary frustration and negatively impacts a persons enjoyment of the game when they decide to get 100% in it.

Also, as I've stated in my original post, if you want to raise the Chao quickly, you have to play levels over and over to get the chaos drives and animals. I once spent the whole day doing this to try and raise my Chao's levels. It was one of the most tedious, annoying and aggravating things I've ever done and his actual performance in Karate and the Races didn't improve that much. The only real way to raise their stats quickly is to use the Chao Garden in Sonic Advance or the in the Dreamcast UMD....and in this HD re-release you don't get that.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Heck, why not? Can you gift games over XBL?
No, but the codes for the MSP cards can be given away to a certain individual before they are used!

*wink wink*

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
rabidkanid said:
Nasrin said:
rabidkanid said:
"Addictive multiplayer"?
It's not necessarily 'BAD', it's just something forced on you in order to get something that you want even if you don't want anything to do with it. The chao are supposed to be this extra bit in the game that's there if you want to use it. it shouldn't in any way, shape, or form be a requirement. It adds unnecessary frustration and negatively impacts a persons enjoyment of the game when they decide to get 100% in it.

Also, as I've stated in my original post, if you want to raise the Chao quickly, you have to play levels over and over to get the chaos drives and animals. I once spent the whole day doing this to try and raise my Chao's levels. It was one of the most tedious, annoying and aggravating things I've ever done and his actual performance in Karate and the Races didn't improve that much. The only real way to raise their stats quickly is to use the Chao Garden in Sonic Advance or the in the Dreamcast UMD....and in this HD re-release you don't get that.
Is there a part of the game that isn't accessible to you without the chao races? I really don't remember that being the case, except with respect to other chao related content.

It's your decision to set an artificial goal of 100% for yourself. You can't begrudge the chao for simply being IN the game. Nobody made you grind those vials all day.

rabidkanid

Mar 26, 2008
Nasrin said:
rabidkanid said:
Nasrin said:
rabidkanid said:
"Addictive multiplayer"?

Is there a part of the game that isn't accessible to you without the chao races? I really don't remember that being the case, except with respect to other chao related content.

It's your decision to set an artificial goal of 100% for yourself. You can't begrudge the chao for simply being IN the game. Nobody made you grind those vials all day.
Didn't I just say it keeps you from getting emblems? There are chao race and karate emblems and then there's another one that you get for getting all the emblems I believe. I think there's also extra content that's blocked unless you get them all (may be wrong). Something that's supposed to be a side game, which requires you to do a monotonous task as a way to keep you playing, that provides no real challenging entertainment value should not be the thing that keeps you from doing or obtaining something else, especially when you just spend a good couple hours doing actually challenging tasks. All A rank for all characters and the emblem for doing Boss Rush without dying once.

*I don't begrudge the CHAO*, I begrudge the design of how I have to deal with them to get something I want that really isn't related to them at all. A side entertainment item shouldn't block a main entertainment item when doing the side item takes forever, isn't fun, and you're not really doing anything.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
rabidkanid said:
Nasrin said:
rabidkanid said:
Nasrin said:
rabidkanid said:
"Addictive multiplayer"?

Didn't I just say it keeps you from getting emblems? There are chao race and karate emblems and then there's another one that you get for getting all the emblems I believe. I think there's also extra content that's blocked unless you get them all (may be wrong). Something that's supposed to be a side game, which requires you to do a monotonous task as a way to keep you playing, that provides no real challenging entertainment value should not be the thing that keeps you from doing or obtaining something else, especially when you just spend a good couple hours doing actually challenging tasks. All A rank for all characters and the emblem for doing Boss Rush without dying once.

*I don't begrudge the CHAO*, I begrudge the design of how I have to deal with them to get something I want that really isn't related to them at all. A side entertainment item shouldn't block a main entertainment item when doing the side item takes forever, isn't fun, and you're not really doing anything.
Besides providing emblems, what content are you blocked from seeing? What do you have to sacrifice if you don't do the Chao stuff?