Sega Unveils Episodic Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
... Well if you'll excuse me I better begin boarding up my windows. This is a sign of the apocalypse. But in all seriousness...

FUCK YES 2D SONIC!

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
When I first read the title, I thought to myself "Ugh, just give up, Sega. We already declared it dead."
But the trailer for a 2D Sonic made me happy.
Fingers crossed that this won't be a disappointment. :D

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Close enough. The art direction is lazy but I just hope they don't fuck it up. Fingers crossed.

epsilon246

Sep 18, 2009
So this is basically sonic rush? meh not interested, I for one don't care much for sonic he's just a rubbish charecter (he doesn't even have a real personality). Say what you will about Shadow at least he has reasons for what he does and has the most complex personality in the series (really not that hard, and before anyone flames his only friend was shot dead in front of him he's certainly entitled to be angsty about it). This is the same reason I hate Mario he has even less personality than sonic.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
John Funk said:
Fappy said:
John Funk said:
Julianking93 said:
I think a user already posted this...

Still a good article as always even if I don't give a flying fuck about Sonic.
We've been over this. Users posting things in the forum =/= news posts on the front page.
I literally just made a thread about this linking the video and gamespot interview... you guys are always on top of things aren't you :p
Believe it or not, we don't always troll the forums (and I use "troll" in the fishing term here) to see OH MAN A FORUM POSTER BEAT US TO IT WELL THAT STORY IS NO LONGER NEWSWORTHY I GUESS :(
Maybe you guys should make a paid position called "Forum Troll".

Say your in a bar and some hot girl asks you what you do for a living and say, "I'm a forum troll."

Not to say this will get you laid... it'd just be an awesome thing to let people know.

tyranuus

Jan 16, 2010
It's NOT the first 2D Sonic game since the megadrive days, why do people always say that? People always forget them but Sonic Advance was actually a pretty decent sonic game (didn't play SA2), and it was 2D :)

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
Oh, god, the Sonic Circle is already complete for me..

Why the Uekawa Style? Why call it Sonic 4 and and disgrace the good old games with that, when it looks like the fucking hold down forward forever till bored games we get since Advance 2?

I will never ever have hope for a new good Sonic..

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Fucking. Yes.
Finally.
They've finally seen the light and started thinking with some god damn sense.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Just reading "Sonic" made me picture Yahtzee with a shotgun in hand, hat tipped slightly and a grin on his face. Sun gleaming in his glasses, as he raises the shotgun and BLAM BLAM BLAM darkness.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Somehow, I think it might be too late.

I'm sorry, I've just become so jaded to the mediocrity of Sonic Team due to their shitty games of recent years to hope there's some possibility that Sonic 4 will be good.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Yes!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

.......................although the way he runs looks a bit......odd.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Best game news of the year so far.

I liked the first 3d sonic game on the Dreamcast but unfortunately they didn't improve after that. I think this will change the trend.
I'd like to see them do a custom level thing: kind of like what you could do with the cheat in Sonic 2 but more like Little Big Planet.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Well, they've finally gone back to the good ol' 2D. =)
I've got one thing to definately download this summer...

But I'm still a bit cynical; Sonic Team have hurt me before.

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
John Funk said:
Sega couldn't possibly be giving the fans what they'd been asking for for years, could it?

As it turns out, yes. Yes they could.
You know, you are only halfway right.

There are two Sonic Fanbases: The first one who wants organic leveldesign and good momentum and the second one, who only wants to just press down the forward button and watch Sonic go in rediclious stupid speed "like in the old days" they say.. (Which is bullshit by the way.)

Right now, it looks like made for the second fanbase.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I want to get excited. I really do. But there are key facts that just won't let me.
1) Sonic Advance-Sonic Rush. They got rated well, this is what Sega thinks the old games were like. I don't trust them to be able to make a game that plays and feels like the originals after all these failures.
2) The GBA port of Sonic 1. Pretty sure they messed something so simple as that up as well.
3) It's Sega. Even that amazing "Seegaaaa!" noise can't make me forget what they've become since then.

JMV

Sep 25, 2009
I don't want to be a buzz killer, but I guess no one has considered this might actually suck? I mean, I really, really hope it doesn't, but well... it might.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
JMV said:
I don't want to be a buzz killer, but I guess no one has considered this might actually suck? I mean, I really, really hope it doesn't, but well... it might.
What you talkin' 'bout willis?

You're killin' me smalls!

Damn, good point, but comeon, how could you fuck up something you've done amazingly at least 3 times?